10+ Year Old Account
    Random Deathmatch.

Nope, I'd still like a permanent PvE mode for Arcade bliz. Stop
    being lazy and just make it already.

Deleted
    This Game needs a serious MMR fix

and while they doing that... fix nerf balance 99% of the heroes

Been doing the PTR where no one seems to agree that Torbjorn's rework has been wholly ineffectual at making him viable.

Still, getting to do a Kung Pao meme on the situation is fun. Also, idk if it is PTR being PTR... but I have had several amazing games as Sym.

Figured I’d give it another shot with being bored with other games right now. 0-3 matches so far, nothing but toxicity and people that make me wonder what the hell happened to them in the developmental stage of heir lives.

Doing well! I hopped back in for the first time in a while (played a ton at launch, then got back into Mythic raiding so I just didn't have the time). I've been having a lot of fun! As someone who likes to play tanks, I'm having a blast with Winston/Hog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Figured I’d give it another shot with being bored with other games right now. 0-3 matches so far, nothing but toxicity and people that make me wonder what the hell happened to them in the developmental stage of heir lives.
    You know I ran into a couple of those when I came back...but then I ran into a bunch of people that were super cool. Ended up making a few new friends!

Its just so random, there are a lot of cool people out there too. Just sucks when you hit the bad ones back to back like that.

Think it is time to officially stop. I honestly gave it another try, but this last week has been so aggravating it’s ruined the game completely. Lost the last 10 games, win the next 8 which puts me back where I started before the losses. Think, okay I can build from here. Next 2 games I get put with the same player who is obviously throwing (we all reported him) and goes Torb on attack. No real problem there, I’ve seen it work, but after point 2 he goes charging in nonstop and sits at the open door on Lunar Colony every time and feeds the enemy team Ult charge. He then goes Hammond and just swings around, getting hit and doing nothing to the enemy.
    Next game he just straight plays Hammond, uses his Ult behind our team every time.
    Next game after that, I point out the heals are being picked off as our tanks and damage to charging in at Eichenwald. Get told if I can’t keep up with the tanks that I need to play a different healer. Point out it’s both of our teams heals, me on Zen and the other on Ana. 2 people then proceed to tell us we’re bad and we need to play Lucio or something else to keep pace with Rein.
    Next game, get paired with the same person who just got done arguing with me about how the team needs to help the support and how it’s the supports fault if they die. Tells me I need to call it out when I’m being hit and not after I die, which I proceed to do during the match but still get no help, and after I point out there’s a kill feed that shows the support being picked off (in response to Zarya complaining she got no heals).
    Next game my team just got rolled like we were all bronze players against masters.
    Too frustrating to be fun anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really played for a month but gave it a try yesterday, and probably won’t be rushing back again. Tank balance is nonexistent, it’s get a Rein or go home. Stats look okay at high levels but for mid ranks hero balance is a shambles, Hanzo is still a huge issue.

Throw in the smurf epidemic from them literally giving the game away at this point and it’s just why bother.

Meanwhile other games are getting full cross play and Blizz are still whining about it being hard to share cosmetics.

Seems they’re giving up on the main game’s gameplay and hoping OWL will provide interest and revenue.

Got this on PS4 since I'm making the switch from PC to Console for MP gaming...

I'm glad there is no text chat after the game I just had.

Volskaya. We were set to win and with 10 seconds to go on the first point because 5/6 of the team decided to camp their spawn we fucking threw. Not just the point but the entire game.

Tried to go back and 1v1 Tracer as Lucio but no luck. People who lack map awareness irritate me the most because it's them acting like CoD players and camping that threw us the match despite me spamming "GROUP UP".

Havent played in a while so decided to try. First game the first 2 minutes were absolutely stomping, our team did absolutely nothing. I swear the game is already decided before it starts so this just feels pointless. I've basically never had a match thats close, its always one side absolutely destroying another

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Got this on PS4 since I'm making the switch from PC to Console for MP gaming...

I'm glad there is no text chat after the game I just had.

Volskaya. We were set to win and with 10 seconds to go on the first point because 5/6 of the team decided to camp their spawn we fucking threw. Not just the point but the entire game.

Tried to go back and 1v1 Tracer as Lucio but no luck. People who lack map awareness irritate me the most because it's them acting like CoD players and camping that threw us the match despite me spamming "GROUP UP".
    Yeah thats prety comon on my games in ps4 aswell specialy on defense. people get a competent healer or so and think they are imortal and just go to their spawn then the healer who has the brains and wants to stay closer to the objective in case of a flanker just dies to one if it stays on the point or goes after the numnuts spawn camping leaving the objective. i have backcapped almost an entire match of dorado as sombra once due to this aswell from the oposing team, with them only realizing i was inches away from the final point.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing hog lately and having a lot of joy. Probably in the form of my life yesterday.

Never understood why I constantly go against Widows who act like they have wall back cheats enabled yet I get Widows that act like it’s their first FPS. Add on no one ever wants to swap to counter an enemy Widow and it just adds to aggravation in the game. Glad I’m taking a break from the game right now. Just something I got reminded of earlier today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually did some placements yesterday, there's some nice Halloween stuff so figured I should get some credits together. That Hammond and Moira skin especially, but Pharah and Widow look good too.

Anywho, match one, Ana and Zen playing DPS support. Literally stood right in front of Zen on 30% Health, does he heal? Hell no, thus I am slowly taken out by random chip damage. Neither this DPS support, nor our actual DPS want to engage PharMercy either, so I go Widow and slightly slow their progress; but with 1 tank and non-healing supports it's kinda futile.

Things improved markedly from that point however with 4 straight wins from otherwise close matches and some really nice plays. It was actually quite enjoyable which is unusual for placements. There was a Hollywood match which was particularly tough, but I managed to hold a line on Orisa before the last point for what felt like forever after they'd made pretty swift progress pushing the payload; wasn't sure we'd done enough but they actually tried the same defence but were nowhere near as good, it's always nice to see someone try to mirror you and fail.

Someone complaining that Lúcio's damage is brokenly high... Now I've seen it all.

Quick play is such a mess right now. The chances of getting any reasonable setup are basically nil. Every game its like 4 at least DPS quicklock, and then youre lucky if the other guy chooses a fitting hero (I'm happy to play support or tank, but i can't play both at the same time!).

Even had a Torb/sym on attack usually it's widow/hanzo/genji in everygame. then they wonder why they can't take the point....

6 month break, coming back to 3/3 games with aimbot users in placements.

So i'm taking another break. <:

New Torbjorn is just the same as the old Torb, minus slight better viability on attack, tons of nerfs on defense, and a fucked up cooldown system on his turrets.

And yet people will still claim he's OP for being able to do the same things he could always do. Never Change Quick Play.

Figured I’d come back to try and get some new skins. Had fun in Arcade, figured maybe I’d try Comp again. What the hell happened over the last few weeks? Is the game now about blaming support nonstop? I used to watch people blame damage; now it’s all about the support.
    One of my games on Lunar Colony, I’m healing 4 of my team at the stairwell while 4 of them marched up, enemy Hanzo taking potshots, enemy sombra starts solo capping. I ask our defender if they’re okay or need help, get no answer. I see their death pop up, we have Moira helping to heal our team, I call it out and turn around to help point.
    I then get bitched at by our Wrecking Ball that they were spamming need healing on point and how I should have gone to heal her instead of helping the team. I respond I couldn’t at the time and that’s why I asked if they were doing okay in voice chat, to which she continued to yell at me that I could have came to help because the enemy wasn’t attacking and we had a break in their push. I again try to point out that’s not true because we hadn’t killed anyone yet and the second I moved away from upstairs our team got overwhelmed and dropped. Even after pointing that out and having the truth of what happened to support my explanation, the Wrecking Ball player still continues to yell and then the team joins in, talking about how I’m a shit healer.
    This is kind of throwing me for a loop because I tend to be forced into maiming support, and even made it to 2800 last season as mostly a Support/Tank player.

Forgot to add, this has been a running theme over the last 5 games I’ve played. Even on games I’ve won, I’ve had people trash talking the support, whether it’s me or someone else.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-10-11 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Anywho, match one, Ana and Zen playing DPS support. Literally stood right in front of Zen on 30% Health, does he heal? Hell no, thus I am slowly taken out by random chip damage.
    You have to remember that Zen can only heal one person at a time, and sometimes triage just means you end up being the lowest priority for heals, especially if you're a DPS that isn't in the thick of a teamfight.

I've been practicing on Zen lately to try to get better (in QP) and I can't even tell you the amount of times I've been bitched out by some backline DPS for not healing them when there were like four people in the front who urgently needed heals first. Usually I put an orb on them for like half a second and then move it because I figure something is better than nothing but sometimes I can't even afford that. Sometimes they die. Sometimes it resulted in someone more critical living.

(but hey sometimes I suck too and make a bad call)

I'm not saying that is always the case or was applicable in your situation -- bad and/or oblivious players are everywhere -- but I think too many people are too quick to blame support for not healing them without considering the circumstances. Any one else who mains support can tell you about the plethora of times they've been chewed out because some flanker who was out of LoS died, or because someone charged in and was out of range, or because they were killed first in the team fight and weren't even present to heal them even if they wanted to. Teams also remain ignorant of healer kits too; I can't shoot heals into the sky as Lucio, I can't heal endlessly on Moira, I can't AoE heal on Zen outside of my ult, I can't shoot through walls on Ana, Brig's heal has a CD. And, no, it doesn't really make getting yelled at less irritating to know that the problem isn't me, it's that they are an idiot.

Overall I enjoy playing support in Overwatch and I like the kits of most of the healers, I just wish more DPS were empathetic or familiar with how supports worked.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I play quite a lot of Zen and other support in comp, I know his limitations, I know he made a bad call. I'm not quick to make assumptions, but in this case, both he and Ana were both overly focused on DPSing; I could see that while I was tanking and it was even more apparent when I switch to DPS.

I've actually taken up playing Moira a lot more this season in anticipation of getting her Banshee skin (though I've had zero legendaries in like 14+ boxes so far, not even an non-event one, so meh, at least I have Blackwatch) and finding her pretty enjoyable and very, very effective.

Lastly, is Reaper good now? He seems in every game, people also are actually asking for him O.o