Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Yeah, EQ's community was always pretty good. Now you have me curious what EQ is like these days :-) I'll have to go hunt for info on their forums.
    Honestly for most people I've tried to get to come back they can't handle the old graphics lol. I personally love the old graphics. Grouping and killing is fun; it's a lot slower paced. You can actually talk with people while exping and i dunno; it's just different. I enjoy it a lot.

In the moment, not happy. Overall, probably relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Amathricus View Post
    Sounds about right.

Honestly, I'd be upset, pissed at the loss of 550+ days of played game time (I know, I know). And mourn for my beloved characters. And then I'd dive into the other games I never have enough times for due to... well, 550+ days of played game time. lol
    On a serious note, I'd honestly be a little bit sad to see it go. WoW isn't "just a game" to me, it's a hobby, albeit one that I take breaks from regularly. I'd think about all the funny moments that made me laugh (thunderstorming invaders off Thunderbluff lifts and so on), and all the people I'd encountered ingame over the years. I'd uninstall for the last time ever and then I'd probably make more music than I do now, heh.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that would leave room for another game with great raids. The only reason I play WoW is because it is the only MMO with really solid raiding.

I'd be glad, because this circus should've ended with WOTLK.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    How'd you react? What would you do? How would it affect you?
    If I play on Vanilla WoW, how would I notice that WoW has ended? If a tree falls and nobody hears it, did the tree actually fall?

May of 2005 was when I began my little journey in/on Azeroth.
    Sept 1, 2016 was the date I canceled my sub.

I have to wonder at the changes since I'm considering on re-subbing.

This "Classic" or is it "vanilla" thing seems new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd react with incredible disbelief and sadness.

People always say "it's just a game" but it's more than that, always has been for some unexplainable reason.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    On a serious note, I'd honestly be a little bit sad to see it go. WoW isn't "just a game" to me, it's a hobby, albeit one that I take breaks from regularly. I'd think about all the funny moments that made me laugh (thunderstorming invaders off Thunderbluff lifts and so on), and all the people I'd encountered ingame over the years. I'd uninstall for the last time ever and then I'd probably make more music than I do now, heh.
    I really actually agree. I've spent so much time (obviously... 550+ days lol) and read so many books. I've only taken one real break, between WoD and Legion and it was only like 5 or 6 weeks after started in BC. So it would be oddly challenging.

So we beat the game? Is it... is it over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    I still get sad about City of Heroes getting shut down and it was almost 10 years ago. I'd give up WoW forever to get City of Heroes back.
    Heh, there's an interesting thought. Honestly, I think I'd do the same.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Yeah, EQ's community was always pretty good. Now you have me curious what EQ is like these days :-) I'll have to go hunt for info on their forums.
    Oh, it's easy to understand why - it's just smaller. If you could remove worst 10-15% from game/forums, WoW community would be a paradise.

Relieved. It would mean Blizzard can focus on new projects.

I would feel sad since its given me so much enjoyment for so long, but I would check to see what my guildies wanted to do. If we would go to another MMO or just play other stuff together that would be fine with me. I'm more attached to the friends I've been playing with since TBC then the game itself.

feel sad for a moment, since generally games don't shut down suddenly - they give you a few months warning, I'd do a nostalgia tour prior to shut down, take some screenshots... and then move on with my life.

When will it end

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Just look at forums, there is so much whining that Blizzard could think "fuck it, noone likes our game, let's just end it".
    Granted, there is a lot of whining... but at the end of the day, Blizzard is a business, and even if "fuck it, noone likes our game" were true, as long as there were 3.5 million subs, they WILL NEVER "let's just end it". Fucking never. If they ever even mentioned that in a board meeting, the shareholders would have them replaced before the next coffee break. Full stop. Sure, there are some pretty cool people (Ian etc.) that run the company, but if you don't think he doesn't have his masters, you really don't know anything about business.

Will WoW end? Someday... but not before WoW 2.0 is announced with better graphics engine, all new PvP, virtual headgear support, and end-game content you can decide the path of, yada, yada, yada...

I would request a reimburstment on the paid months I have from my recurrent six months sub

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Wouldn't really care; I'd go back to playing Everquest full time.
    Funny enough, we tried this about... umm... three years ago, and it was HARD!!!! EQ doesn't give all the hints that WoW does now. If you think WoW is a time suck... OMFG you never played EQ1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougarou View Post
    Funny enough, we tried this about... umm... three years ago, and it was HARD!!!! EQ doesn't give all the hints that WoW does now. If you think WoW is a time suck... OMFG you never played EQ1.
    I've played Everquest since right before Kunark was released and have played it ever since. The time sink in EQ doesn't bother me at all because I feel like my character is always getting stronger with AA's and gear. My character's progression isn't reset every patch by a new raid or even by a new xpac. It plays like a true mmorpg.

I'd look for a new master... err I mean game.

Or get my stockholm syndrome sorted out