View Poll Results: would you like to have Valor/Justice points back?

Voters
379. This poll is closed
  • yes. with Valor cap per week

292 77.04%
  • yes, but with rework (and I will explain in comment)

32 8.44%
  • No

41 10.82%
  • I don't care

14 3.69%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes. Valor points gave you deterministic rewards. It prevented you to be at the complete mercy of RNG like we are these days.

So, no matter what random drop you got or didn't get, you knew you got something for running the content. It wasn't a complete waste of time.
    ^this.

Plus, the fixed cap was so much better then open ended stuff like artifact/azerite. When you had your cap done for the week, you could logg off, play another character, do something else. You did not feel the constant need to play your main in order to not fall behind. The game was much less stressful and much more enjoyable over the long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really did like the valor points. Gave people a chance with really bad luck to still get some items.

I even liked the fact that in WotLK, once you had enough, you could buy 2 tier 8 pieces with them - but that was it. Want the full set? Want the last tier bonus? Go raid, you!
    It was a good compromise yeah.
    I think in Cata you could buy them all though? The set pieces?

But yeah being able to access 2 pieces set bonus just with Valor was a really good compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    ^this.

Plus, the fixed cap was so much better then open ended stuff like artifact/azerite. When you had your cap done for the week, you could logg off, play another character, do something else. You did not feel the constant need to play your main in order to not fall behind. The game was much less stressful and much more enjoyable over the long term.
    You keep saying this, and personally I agree, but then again back then there was a storm of people whining about the opposite reason, about the fact they couldn't keep grinding and they had "nothing to do" and so they would log off and play other games.
    Which is exactely the reason why they started removing weekly cap first with MoP and daily quests, and then step by step through expansions for pretty much everything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But the problem is that too many players aren't willing to speak up or criticize this system. They're too invested in the game to even consider backing out. And what's worse is there's a hard core of "1337" players who will always respond to criticism of bad systems with "Get gud, play more." or "I did the grind, so you have to too." An addict defending their supplier even though they know they're being ripped off.
    Could it not be that those guys actually like the game as it is? You know: Just because YOU don't like the game does not mean that others agree with you. But of course it's much easier to dicredit them as "addicts defending their supplier" than simply accept the fact that the game has evolved in a direction that is not to your liking.

That's perfectly OK and for all I care, you can criticize the living sh*# out of the current game. I will accept that as your opinion. What I will not accept is you telling me that my opinion is crap and I'm an addict just because my opinion differs from yours...

So: No to Valor from my opinion. Definitely not for any items at max ilvl. I'd be OK with something like the Legion vendor ilvl, but nothing higher. If you're casual, you don't need anything higher, if not, then you don't need the vendor.

Yes. A way to target specific items.

Deleted
    I am surprised that so many voted for ''With cap''. This is amazing !

Deleted
    Voted yes, but I'm not sure if this is just nostalgia speaking.

I think the system would be a great work around for the WF/TF issue. WF/TF could allow you to get "free" max level item (per level of difficulty) and then points would allow you to make up the difference. Sure tr-stats and sockets would still be random, but this would at least let you take 2-3 layers of the RNG sandwich and make it something in the players hands. So something like valor could do that.

Then justice could be used to target specific pieces of gear. Likely around normal of current tier of difficulty and price high enough to make it not a weekend affair but something that lets you fill in the gaps and sure not a total solution. 4-5 pieces of gear, half a kit or so, to get your foot in the door.

Gives players SOMETHING to control.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-10-08 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Not even a little, in many versions it made people with full raid gear run daily 5-man dungeons to upgrade gear and in it's best version it was an upgrade for a week or two and never though of again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind Valor to return for the raids at least.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I'm just gonna make a wild guess and say that it's because it gives them a weekly goal, especially for non-raiders. "Okay, I work on trying to cap this, then I can go do some other stuff and not have to worry."

Unlike now where you can just spam M+ 24/7 (sure, weekly chest reward, but you can still spam M+ for a lot of good stuff) and just never feel like you're done because you reached a goal.

It was bad that badges gave rewards that were higher than the content from which the badges dropped, but badges existing to fill in certain holes is a very very good system.

7+ Year Old Account
    The interesting part is that a cap is considered a good system for PvP but not good enough for PvE, what's up with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This sums things up perfectly.

The biggest problem with the current use of RNG for everything is that it's just a slot machine. Sure, you might get something good, but most times you're going to get nothing of value. Gold? Don't make me laugh. A drop of AP? It's a bad system to begin with, and isn't a worthy reward for the effort of an entire dungeon run, even at the LFD level, much less for downing a raid boss.

The game needs SOMETHING that's in the hands of the players to help combat the RNG shitfest.

But the problem is that too many players aren't willing to speak up or criticize this system. They're too invested in the game to even consider backing out. And what's worse is there's a hard core of "1337" players who will always respond to criticism of bad systems with "Get gud, play more." or "I did the grind, so you have to too." An addict defending their supplier even though they know they're being ripped off.

And the tragedy of it all is that WoW still has the potential to be an amazing game. All it takes is for Blizzard to stop being in full corporate profit/exploit mode, and get back to making sure their game actually has a soul.
    Damn bro... this is the second thread I've seen you in where you completely disregard the opinions of those who differ from yours. Calling people "addicts" because they didn't like the Valor system? Really?

If you don't want to take into account other people's opinions, then perhaps you should write a blog or make a Youtube channel. Not sure if forums are the right place for you.

For the record, I agree that the Valor system needs to come back.

Deleted
    YES

In my opinion there should be only item level 345 gear with valor points...just to help you replace all blue gear when you are fresh.

I dont agree with raid quality gear with valor points. Like the tier pieces in WotlK.

5+ Year Old Account
    honestly, no. Ive always just liked getting gear from content directly and not vendors (with exceptions to raid tokens / spending honour points.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    honestly, no. Ive always just liked getting gear from content directly and not vendors (with exceptions to raid tokens / spending honour points.)
    there is nothing more infuriating than still having one blue item though :S and pray to the RNG gods to replace it.

Depends on how it will works. If it's for actual gear that actually means something and you can get valor from raids and mythic+, sure.

If it's like WoD just to upgrade your current gear, fuck that. Doing all these normal mythic dungeons just to upgrade gear you already have, uninteresting and boring. And that's how Valor points is for me. Rose tinted glasses sure, but Badge-gear ftw :P

TBC had the best system, Badge-gear, which was item level wise a bit under Sunwell/BT. When BT was out you could get Zul'aman equal gear, and BT equal gear when Sunwell was out if I recall correctly. WotLK you could actually get 25-man equal gear up until Icecrown was it? It took a bit away the "hey I raid and I get the best gear" but how it is today, I guess it wouldn't matter. You can get heroic/mythic raid-gear as a casual player anyways, so who cares I guess(not saying it's a bad thing)

So the only thing people actually complains about these days is that there isn't any "targetable" gear?

Valor Point and Badge-gear was a chore, just like now.

If valor still existed I would tank dungeons. Absolutely nothing less than that is going to get me to tank for pugs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Get rid of titan/warforging.

Let us buy gear with currency.

GG
    Never going to happen. Titanforging is a very popular system outside of Mythic raiding, and those of us that raid Mythic are such an extreme minority that our opinion on the subject doesn't really matter. Besides, they've already tweaked it to be less impactful for us than it was for Legion. The lottery aspect of RNG is a lot more fun for casuals than Valor ever was. For the casual player Valor felt like more of a grind and was very unpopular for them. Titanforging feels awesome for them and is very popular.

I, as Mythic raider, actually prefer it this way too. If I'm honest. Valor was just one more thing that I felt compelled to do each week. This way if I get a nice TF item I get a nice TF item, if I don't I don't, and like I said it's fun for the overwhelming majority of players (the casuals) and it doesn't take anything away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Why? This site is largely for more hardcore players and responses to any poll are going to be indicative of that. That's why anything this community claims it wants and what Blizzard actually does are often at odds.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2018-10-08 at 01:18 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes. It’s nice to guarantee progress when participating in content rather than leaving it up to the Gods.