Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I mean really think bout it, if all Emissary chests dropped nothing but 370s you would make Heroics and Mythics and even Normal/LFR raiding OBSOLETE.
    Two things:

-Azerite pieces only fill 3 slots, so no content would be made obsolete

also

-I have 2 340s and 1 370 Azerite piece and my cache today gives 355, so this is all wrong anyway.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Isnt this a bit too late?

I'm already running around with 3x 385.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Isnt this a bit too late?

I'm already running around with 3x 385.
    literally no one cares about your humblebragging, buddy
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    346 yielded 355. Cutoff doesnt seem to be 350... (also that char never entered uldir, even lfr)
    344 got 340. 368 got 370, with lowest ilvl piece being 355. So its not that either. Also didnt kill single mythic boss... so not that either.

Wish people would stop assuming stuff that has been debunked long ago.
    I'm telling you im 346 and change and got 340. Guildy that was 350 got 355, other guildy that was 346 got 340.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    All anecdotal here, but I'm 367 and got a 355 piece. Only guildees that got 370 were 370 ilvl overall already. Some had 355 azerite pieces. Seems that 370 ilvl is the threshold to get 370 azerite from emissary which feels odd.
    Ironically the same here, my 367 hunter is seeing 355 pieces. Seems kind of pointless.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Every damn time when blizz introduce new system no1, no1 from blizz says how it works. It's to hard for them to write simple information?
    They seriously seem to get off on these annoying little mysteries. It'd take 10 seconds to write a post explaining it, they didn't do so, so we have to assume they prefer it this way. Or their communication has really truly gone south. Actually, hmm.....

I suspect that this change will come with much lower odds for the emissary reward to be Azerite piece. Instead of ~2 per week, it'll probably be something like ~2 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Two things:

-Azerite pieces only fill 3 slots, so no content would be made obsolete

also

-I have 2 340s and 1 370 Azerite piece and my cache today gives 355, so this is all wrong anyway.
    Actually that is right. It is your 340s that got upgraded to the 355. 340> to 355. from one tier to the next. Blizz never said that they would just out right give 370 from the jump. gotta love their communication >.<

And yes, AP only fills 3 slots, and those Mythics and Raids give out AP gear, so if Emmisary chests give 370 on every slot, then why would you do Raids and Mythics when you could just farm Emmisary chests? Every couple of days each factions gives a chest so people could just wait it out rather than run Mythics or Raids.

But if the Emmisary only Drops AP gear, then yes Raids and Mythics would still be viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I'm telling you im 346 and change and got 340. Guildy that was 350 got 355, other guildy that was 346 got 340.
    It is irrelevant what ilvl you are, im arguing your conclusions. If your conclusions were right, my experience wouldnt be possible.
    My point is that whatever the system is, what people here are assuming is 100% wrong.

Thats why i said wish people would stop claming what was already debunked plenty of pages ago... several times.
    Its not your lowest azerite piece, its not uldir bosses killed on some difficulty etc etc... yet several pages after it was debunked many times, people still "deduce" its just that, 100%!

Checked my toons finally, as I suspected.

364 has 355
    341 has 340

gg, better luck next time, keep pulling the lever.

Deleted
    371/375 and azerite 370/385/355

got a 370 chest.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Actually that is right. It is your 340s that got upgraded to the 355. 340> to 355. from one tier to the next. Blizz never said that they would just out right give 370 from the jump. gotta love their communication >.<

And yes, AP only fills 3 slots, and those Mythics and Raids give out AP gear, so if Emmisary chests give 370 on every slot, then why would you do Raids and Mythics when you could just farm Emmisary chests? Every couple of days each factions gives a chest so people could just wait it out rather than run Mythics or Raids.

But if the Emmisary only Drops AP gear, then yes Raids and Mythics would still be viable.
    the problme is not with this,

the problem is that only people who are getting things that are meant as upgrades are people who dont need it in first place since they have place on farm for weeks.

this is literaly giving stuff only to top 5% for playerbase and is a huge "fuck you" to 95% for whom this gear is usless garbage just like it was.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-10-09 at 02:53 PM.

im 368 max with 364 equiped and got a 370 so this thing is really odd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HDestroyer View Post
    You propably didn't get the reason behind this change. Blizz doesn't want it as a tool for gearing alts, but they made it for people who are already 370+, but because azerite gear is rare you couldn't really target for traits, now you have at least a random chance to get azerite gear with better trait.
    I get it, but it still feels stupidly odd, given that azerite up to 340 works completely differently.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-10-09 at 03:33 PM.

Really feels like an unsatisfying and incremental fix to a terribly broken system. The 7th Legion emissary seems to prefer the 7th Legion PvP gear too, which makes it kinda useless for patching holes in your PvE set. The ilvl scaling being very conservative is also a little bit of a gut punch for folks who aren't quite high enough to get 370 pieces.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Freee 370 loot for everyone? No! So it makes sense that u wont get 370 unless you are 370 already. To get a 370 in the chest you need a +7 done and lots of luck too, thats an affort. So why should blizzard now gift 370?
    Never touched mythic and I've done like two dungeons.. I have a 370 and two 340s. (none of which came from dungeons)

All from WQ and killing named elites out in the world, and the 3 warfront scenarios I bothered with. Don't remember what came from what, but I did get the 2nd 340 from the emissary cache last night.

So no its very possible and pretty easy to get 370 gear and never touch a dungeon. A little bit of luck I guess - but considering I maybe play 1-2 hours a night (so pretty casual casual), it doesn't even require that much luck.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Really feels like an unsatisfying and incremental fix to a terribly broken system. The 7th Legion emissary seems to prefer the 7th Legion PvP gear too, which makes it kinda useless for patching holes in your PvE set. The ilvl scaling being very conservative is also a little bit of a gut punch for folks who aren't quite high enough to get 370 pieces.
    All the 7th Legion and Honorbound gear is PvP oriented. It's the same stuff that drops in Arathi, Warfronts and the associated chests.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    There's no such thing as "pvp" gear anymore. The only difference is the generic trait, but that's zone specific anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    All anecdotal here, but I'm 367 and got a 355 piece. Only guildees that got 370 were 370 ilvl overall already. Some had 355 azerite pieces. Seems that 370 ilvl is the threshold to get 370 azerite from emissary which feels odd.
    That's Blizzard for you. It doesn't have to be rewarding... because them letting you play their game and pay $15 a month is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    It is irrelevant what ilvl you are, im arguing your conclusions. If your conclusions were right, my experience wouldnt be possible.
    My point is that whatever the system is, what people here are assuming is 100% wrong.

Thats why i said wish people would stop claming what was already debunked plenty of pages ago... several times.
    Its not your lowest azerite piece, its not uldir bosses killed on some difficulty etc etc... yet several pages after it was debunked many times, people still "deduce" its just that, 100%!
    What is it then?

The simple fact we're guessing about this is on Blizz, not the community.