Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What ever happened to "Bring the player not the class"

Looking over the high Mythic+ comps it its literally the same thing every single run. For every comp it seems like Blood DK, Havoc, Sin are 100% mandatory. For Healers Disc or MW is mandatory. So this leaves no room for any other tanks of healers at all. The final DPS spot seems to be a tossup between Frost or Boomkin with the random Lock or Hunter making an appearance every now and then. Seems like Shamans, Paladins, and Warriors arent allowed at all. So is it just me or did Blizzard recently prune like 20 specs out of the game? Where is the fun and creativity if people literally run the same thing over and over and over again.

Luckily they came to their senses and removed that horrible concept
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Luckily they came to their senses and removed that horrible concept
    so basically people are forced to play something they dont like over something they enjoy just to be viable? I thought games were supposed to be fun. If literally no one will group with you because you enjoy Prot Warrior or Shaman then whats the point of even playing? Im having trouble finding a reason to log in every day because I main Shadow Priest, Shaman, and enjoy PvP with my DK. All of those are shit right now. So why should I be forced to play something else I dont enjoy? Obviously someone is going to come along and think they are cool and reply "No one is forcing you to play something else" Well actually they are. if I cant get groups based on the classes I enjoy playing then YES I am being forced to play something else. I mean I dont really enjoy sitting in Boralus all day long spamming group requests just to get denied based on my class.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2018-10-13 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with bring the player is that it tends to force class homogenization.

• If classes are different, then they will have different strengths and weaknesses and some won't be viable in certain content (or rather some will be noticeably better than others).
    • If you want any class to be viable in its role in any content, the classes need to be close to the same in capability.

Lately, they've moved away from homogenization and that means some classes will be favored in some content.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-10-13 at 08:10 PM.

"Bring the player not the class" is one of the biggest wow jokes as you can see from top guilds doing heavy class stacking to get kills
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

When it was "Bring the player" we had worse homogenization and the best groups picked the best classes to bring for the given circumstances.

It was a concept that was better in theory then it was in practice at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    "Bring the player not the class" is one of the biggest wow jokes as you can see from top guilds doing heavy class stacking to get kills
    im not talking about Method type guilds. People not even doing cutting edge Mythic kills are starting to adopt the idea that classes are shit just because Method didnt use them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Players happened, simple as that.

Deleted
    whatever happened to this fking game. It used to be a completey different beast. It used to be good :/

This will never happen unless all classes are literally the same. If you give anything special to a spec, then they have a advantage over others in certain aspect, which led to 'bring the class not the player'.

People just look at the top key players and copy/paste from it, its easier than trying yourself. Obviously these comps are pretty solid. But that's how things work now. Gaming Industry 2018. All about that Min/Max, whats on top of the chart, tell me what to do, so that I perform fast. Theres much more elitism than ever, its getting toxic and repressive.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    This will never happen unless all classes are literally the same. If you give anything special to a spec, then they have a advantage over others in certain aspect, which led to 'bring the class not the player'.
    actually they could balance classes to where each class actually brought something useful. Hell Shamans used to be the ultimate support class with all their totems. How much damn utility did Shaman bring back in the day and now they are nothing but a Meme class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    so basically people are forced to play something they dont like over something they enjoy just to be viable? I thought games were supposed to be fun. If literally no one will group with you because you enjoy Prot Warrior or Shaman then whats the point of even playing? Im having trouble finding a reason to log in every day because I main Shadow Priest, Shaman, and enjoy PvP with my DK. All of those are shit right now. So why should I be forced to play something else I dont enjoy? Obviously someone is going to come along and think they are cool and reply "No one is forcing you to play something else" Well actually they are. if I cant get groups based on the classes I enjoy playing then YES I am being forced to play something else. I mean I dont really enjoy sitting in Boralus all day long spamming group requests just to get denied based on my class.
    Jesus, There is still not a single class that is unviable. Back when they used to try and bring the player, every single class was literally the same but with different skins, everyone had a version of the same ability it was so shit. Now most Classes at least have a unique feel to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you push for 15+ those are not mandatory at all and even then you see runs without them, so not sure what youre smoking
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

you're right, like they cut it

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    "Bring the player and the class" is much better.
    Not at all its made the game more boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Jesus, There is still not a single class that is unviable. Back when they used to try and bring the player, every single class was literally the same but with different skins, everyone had a version of the same ability it was so shit. Now most Classes at least have a unique feel to it.
    This isn't true at at all if not show examples.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    unless you push for 15+ those are not mandatory at all and even then you see runs without them, so not sure what youre smoking
    Link me a single 15+ Comp that isnt using any of the following Blood DK, DH, Rogue, Disc Priest and I will accept that Im wrong. Bnous points if its a Prot Warrior with a Resto Sham healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buscava View Post
    When it was "Bring the player" we had worse homogenization and the best groups picked the best classes to bring for the given circumstances.

It was a concept that was better in theory then it was in practice at any point.
    Mop wasn't homogenzied and had way better rotation and class design than legion. You can make diverse class and avoid homogenzation.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I play a prot warrior and I get more requests for groups/dungeons than I know what to do with. Maybe you should try my method: I call it 'playing with people that aren't idiots.'
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Not at all its made the game more boring.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't true at at all if not show examples.
    Examles of what? Uniqueness or lack of it?