Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Examles of what? Uniqueness or lack of it?
    Examples of mop being more homogenized than now.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's better now. Like they even pointed out in the last Q&A, we're now freaking out over 2% DPS changes. Which is a huge step up from the days when some classes were just absolutely dumpstered and mages melted raid bosses.

But until there's 100% parity there will always be people who bring the class, not the player.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    so basically people are forced to play something they dont like over something they enjoy just to be viable? I thought games were supposed to be fun. If literally no one will group with you because you enjoy Prot Warrior or Shaman then whats the point of even playing? Im having trouble finding a reason to log in every day because I main Shadow Priest, Shaman, and enjoy PvP with my DK. All of those are shit right now. So why should I be forced to play something else I dont enjoy? Obviously someone is going to come along and think they are cool and reply "No one is forcing you to play something else" Well actually they are. if I cant get groups based on the classes I enjoy playing then YES I am being forced to play something else. I mean I dont really enjoy sitting in Boralus all day long spamming group requests just to get denied based on my class.
    Thats an issue with balance, not the game's design.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Thats an issue with balance, not the game's design.
    The removed 90% of the depth from classes the design i pretty terrible. Vanilla class in pvp have more depth than the live versions.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Luckily they came to their senses and removed that horrible concept
    Yeah, now we can have people rolling the same classes while peoples mains gather dust because they're not useful! Fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link me a single 15+ Comp that isnt using any of the following Blood DK, DH, Rogue, Disc Priest and I will accept that Im wrong. Bnous points if its a Prot Warrior with a Resto Sham healing.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...38-17-freehold

took me less than a minute to find
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    Yeah, now we can have people rolling the same classes while peoples mains gather dust because they're not useful! Fantastic.
    Mention a singel class(not specc) Class, that is actually not viable? Thats right, you cannot. For that matter, unless you are cutting edge every single specc is viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who played back then knows, I will not waste my time finding the MoP class kits but its just factually true, if you have a hard time believing it, look it up. Every single class had some sort of buble, +2 mobility spells, +2 heals(even wars and shit) and the list goes on and on.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Mention a singel class(not specc) Class, that is actually not viable? Thats right, you cannot. For that matter, unless you are cutting edge every single specc is viable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who played back then knows, I will not waste my time finding the MoP class kits but its just factually true, if you have a hard time believing it, look it up. Every single class had some sort of buble, +2 mobility spells, +2 heals(even wars and shit) and the list goes on and on.
    Just speaking for my class alone let me know when you see someone that's pushing keys wanting a warrior over a fotm class like rogue. Some classes just don't have that utility. Warr has decent damage but you'd rarley take it when rogue can shroud etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yeah except Boomkin and Frost Mage are in pretty much 99% of any Mythic+ comp.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2018-10-13 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are playing a MMORPG, what happened to it is blizz forgot what game genre this is
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Fine its really not that hard.

All DK specs for PvP. Only 1% of ALL class 2200 or better are DKs.
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

FoR PvE its even easier. MM Hunters, SPriests, Ele Shaman, Demo Locks, are all garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    we are playing a MMORPG, what happened to it is blizz forgot what game genre this is
    Not really a mmorpg anymore, you log in into a lobby, open lfg window and search for instanced content, that's it...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not really a mmorpg anymore, you log in into a lobby, open lfg window and search for instanced content, that's it...
    Well that's an oversimplification, and false.

Still massively (to the tune of millions), multiplayer (in that you can find, interact, buy/sell, and chat with other players), online (self-explanitory), Role-Playing Game ("a game in which players take on the roles of imaginary characters who engage in adventures, typically in a particular computerized fantasy setting overseen by a referee").

Ion a while back stated that Bring The Player, Not The Class" is their broad ethos for the game. They want every class to be both viable and approachable for the vast majority of content.

However when it comes to the bleeding edge content, at that point they have no problem with class stacking and "mandatory" classes.

Rather what they do is attempt to design multiple fights where you might want to do class stacking, but that class stacking of a single type (say all rogues) isn't viable for the entire raid.

So while you might have a fight that is made much simpler with 5 frost mages and 4 rogues the next fight would favor something like making sure you have at least 2 boomkin.

Class stacking is an expected behavior at the highest levels of the game, oh which 10+ Mythic keys are considered a part.

And again, all the classes are viable, some are just better able to deal with the encounters than others.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    "Bring the player and the class" is much better.
    Yep. Then we have class distinction and skill-merited gaming community. Imagine that, a concept long lost on Blizzard since 2012.

Warr have excellent dmg and are often desired in M+, sure some classes are prefered over others but you cannot have interesting, unique classes with no balancing differences. Every class is viable and that is what matters, if you ahve trouble finding a group, make your own. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Fine its really not that hard.

All DK specs for PvP. Only 1% of ALL class 2200 or better are DKs.
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

FoR PvE its even easier. MM Hunters, SPriests, Ele Shaman, Demo Locks, are all garbage.
    What part of (NOT specc) CLASS do you find hard to understand? No matter what you cannot have 36 equally viable speccs but every single class is viable. Both dk dps speccs are fine for pvp, especially unholy, they do nuts dmg but sure its not top of the chain.

Hunters have 2 very good speccs for pve, priests are viable on all 3 speccs, but I'll give you that shadow is not ideal for m+ but still fine. Ele shaman is also decently viable and if you if make your own groups you won't have a hard time hitting +10s with any of those you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well that's an oversimplification, and false.

Still massively (to the tune of millions), multiplayer (in that you can find, interact, buy/sell, and chat with other players), online (self-explanitory), Role-Playing Game ("a game in which players take on the roles of imaginary characters who engage in adventures, typically in a particular computerized fantasy setting overseen by a referee").
    So facebook is an MMORPG in your world basically?
    We humans have to stick together

Jesus, There is still not a single class that is unviable. Back when they used to try and bring the player, every single class was literally the same but with different skins, everyone had a version of the same ability it was so shit. Now most Classes at least have a unique feel to it.
    How is it even possible to be this wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warr have excellent dmg and are often desired in M+, sure some classes are prefered over others but you cannot have interesting, unique classes with no balancing differences. Every class is viable and that is what matters, if you ahve trouble finding a group, make your own. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of (NOT specc) CLASS do you find hard to understand? No matter what you cannot have 36 equally viable speccs but every single class is viable. Both dk dps speccs are fine for pvp, especially unholy, they do nuts dmg but sure its not top of the chain.

Hunters have 2 very good speccs for pve, priests are viable on all 3 speccs, but I'll give you that shadow is not ideal for m+ but still fine. Ele shaman is also decently viable and if you if make your own groups you won't have a hard time hitting +10s with any of those you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

So facebook is an MMORPG in your world basically?
    "a game in which players take on the roles of imaginary characters who engage in adventures, typically in a particular computerized fantasy setting overseen by a referee"

No.

Could also wiffle on how multiplayer requires that one be a player of a game. Which Facebook isn't.

Bring the player not the class was never meant to be taken in the literal sense and especially not true when it comes to pugging. Meta will always form and people, especially pugs, will build around it because its a common and proven method that works. You can definitely find arms/ret/frost DK in +15 keys, hell there's probably a few dedicated kittys, except they most likely run them with a dedicated group.

Pugs on the otherhand are pretty much only going to take frost mage/bm hunter and as for melee its usually rogues for shroud skips. I don't take WW/Havoc/arms/ret/frost DK when my group needs to pug mostly because pug melees tend to die to stupid shit and do awful DPS anyway; its not worth the risk. I usually just get a bm hunter because while frost mage can be good there's a chance they're just shitters whereas BM hunter has such a low skill floor/ceiling with good utility and never has to worry about getting punished by mechanics that you can't fuck it up unless you're actually <100IQ. Boomys can be amazing but they also have to be good and know exactly what they're doing to be valuable except most pugs aren't so I don't really bother taking chances with them.

Your spec isn't meta so deal with it, find guild, form your own dedicated group, or quit

That was a practice Tom Chilton's team put into effect, and Ion seemingly disagrees it was for the best for the game.

I would tend to agree, because things got super homogenized and specs lacked flavor.

Now, in today's product we have much better class diversity. Even though that's the case, its obviously led to imbalance within some parts of the meta, but even that I feel is healthy for the game as long it continues to be iterated upon and balanced as well as it can be.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV