Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is 101 a fun bracket? Does The 100-109 bracket scale different for a 101 than a 105? Or how does it work?
    100-109 is very active atm. There are mostly two types of twinks: some use 101 (since there are certain Legion-level BoE pieces that req. level 101 to use) and some - 109 due to the possibility to get higher ilvl overall (though, I think, 101 scale better than 109).

What else makes this bracket the best - the fact that all the toons in it have all talents and class abilities already active (albeit one honor talent out of 4), and in the same time health pools are of about 17 to 28k HP maximum (tanks), which makes it being close to WoTLK PvP era and makes healers to be less OP and tanky than they are on 120 due to having less HP overall in comparison to damage players deal.

Queues in the evening are as fast as 5-6 min max (shorter than at 120) !! for the Horde. Epic bgs never proc though.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-10-14 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Most people who play twinks are stuck below <1500 arena/rbg rating at max level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    Most people who play twinks are stuck below <1500 arena/rbg rating at max level
    Well, that's a generalization which doesn't have any reliable proof underneath. While I, for example, am a very average PvP player (been above 2k only a couple of times in either bracket on main), I've knew few glad level players who often made and enjoyed twinking, especially Rogue ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Well, that's a generalization which doesn't have any reliable proof underneath. While I, for example, am a very average PvP player (been above 2k only a couple of times in either bracket on main), I've knew few glad level players who often made and enjoyed twinking, especially Rogue ones.
    Considering what % of the population are gladiator players are I'd say it was pretty reliable to say most players are sub 1500 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    This. Only assholes twinked (what a fucking weird term to use). I can't say these days but back in the day it made BGs a shit experience for casual leveling and "fun".
    I will confirm this to be correct as well. I go back to vanilla and I actually spent a month debunking the myth "we twink only to fight other twinks" by running tests. It was funny when you looked at it through a keyhole but when you look at the situation objectively and actually pay close attention to twinks, they completely contradict themselves. A guy who was adamant that he only went after twinks stuck to lowbies like flies to poop and avoided anyone the same level as himself.

One of my favorite things that I used to do to troll twinks was make a low level shaman. Those that remember, ghost wolf was learned at 20. You didn't have mounts in the 20s back then, so I would run around the perimeter of the BG in ghost wolf form and watch 3-4 of them chase me for the duration spamming emotes like "/spit". It didn't matter that someone grabbed their flag. Those 29s with glowing weapons were bound and determined to catch that little level 20 and show him who was boss.

I was actually glad Blizzard patched them out. BGs became a lot more fun and people actually focused more on objectives instead of middle/graveyard camping.

Sadly twinks made a return with itemization making a come back to pvp. It's not as excessive as it used to be, but still gives you enough of advantage over "normal" people to be a killjoy. And if it's true that locked xp chars are mixed with normal levelers then it's worse than I imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    A guy who was adamant that he only went after twinks stuck to lowbies like flies to poop and avoided anyone the same level as himself.
    Well, actually, if I see another 101 \ 109 twink in BG on Darlana, I focus him first and every time I have the possibility. Then healers. I must say that a Disc priest, twinked or not, is SO freaking imbalanced and OP, so horribly disgusting, that it's absolutely justified to use superior gear making the lives of these people abusing Disc on lower levels, harder.

I wish this spec would be deleted from the game altogether, but since this won't happen, the only way to deal with disgustingly overpowered Disc priest spec is twinks. Though, even with my twink ilvl I still cannot solo a Disc, in leveling gear or not, unless they have absolutely no brain or went AFK, but at least I can make it sweat and eliminate it with the help from other player. Otherwise, they can tank 4-5 regular players alone, at least till 120 hits... It's that broken.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-10-14 at 03:26 PM.

P.S. Those who call us retards and assholes, ruining leveling players' experience... I'd say - it's not THAT hard and costly to make a twink yourselves. Do it as well, why not, it's accessible for everyone out there.
    Woah, dude you made a lot of mental gymnastics to justify being a dick, it's kind of cringy. In the end of the day, the whole point of twinking is to overpower other players to feel superior not because of skill, but because of taking advantage of bad game rules.

It's like kids playing football in the backyard, then suddenly dad of one of the kids joins one team and completly mops the other team, and then goes "yo, stop bitching kids, if you think it's unfair you can go and call your dad too", neverminding the fact that they don't want to play with the adults to begin with (so their only other option is to walk away and not play, and that's what a lot of players do when twinking gets too excessive to the point where if you don't twink, then there is no reason to play at all).

if you mean twinks as „i have x 120 just to leveled them up, without any great gear and to have professions“ ... then yes, sure.

if you mean that you have 1-3 twinks with 90-95% as good equipped as your main, like ppl did in the „good ol days“ just bc of boredom ... no. not really. since MoP upwards (long black prince L quest chain), especially Legion, the game is completely alt unfriendly, for that type of twinking. not bc you can not catch up etc. but bc of the whole gated stuff like must have class hall quest lines, pre-xxx quest stuff, unlocking xxx stuff, etc.

we no longer live in that „do raid and dungeons or die“ endgame world and just hit 2000 valor point cap a week. after that, switch to twink. this times are long over. instead we have to do a lot of shit per character and can grid stuff like AP, WQs, M+ for hit on titanforged gear etc. nearly forever (for the better or the worse, depends how you look at it).

dont get me wrong here. from blizzards and communities POV they did the right thing, since 80%+ have just 1 character. its just for some ppl like me, that loved the narrowness in the old game style to have reasons to play another rotations, mechanics, etc. i liked Classic, TBC and Wotlk for the „do x stuff a week and you surely KNOW you are done“ way more. but that is just the taste of a minority. so thats fine. and classic servers will come anyway, so i can go back to that type of model.

so it depends what twinking is for you. in some form its totally alive. but used as a „content mechanic“ like in classic till cata, it is dead.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-10-14 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Woah, dude you made a lot of mental gymnastics to justify being a dick, it's kind of cringy.
    Woah, someone is going to get reported for descending into personal level and insulting another forum poster. Guess who it's gonna be.

P.S. There are PvE twinks as well if you didn't know. Soloing content which normally requires a higher XP level is a great fun as well. I've been once in a guild which focused on 80 level XP locked chars for raiding Ulduar.

Woah, someone is going to get reported for descending into personal level and insulting another forum poster. Guess who it's gonna be.

P.S. There are PvE twinks as well if you didn't know. Soloing content which normally requires a higher XP level is a great fun as well. I've been once in a guild which focused on 80 level XP locked chars for raiding Ulduar.
    Well I'm bashing twinking as a principle and yes, I stand by the opinion that people who do it are dicks, because of the reasons I explained in my previous post. How is that even a personal level? Or are you an avatar of twinking community of some kind?? Anyway, thanks for proving my point further by giving zero counter arguments and going into "stop being mean!!!" rhetorics.

PS. nobody cares for pve twinks (other than people who actually twink), as they don't affect how other people enjoy their game, so what's the reason of raising that point in regards to my previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Not sure how far "back in the day" is for you.

I had a 19 twink in BC that was able to pretty much take down 10 people in WSG if they didn't have their own twinks. Yeah you could call that being a dick, but those other 19s were just leveling through. That was before cross server shit too, so when we didn't have our twink versus twink matches and I was bored, I'd go clear out some WSG. The amount of work one had to put into making such a twink you have no idea. We couldn't xpoff so you had to be crazy careful not to go over and ding from some type of xp. It took A LOT of work. Haters that hate that, well, too bad. Full raid geared 60s or 70s in BC did a pretty good job of dominating a BG too...they put in hard work, not sure why under level cap can't do the same and have the same fun.

These days twinks can still be good but nothing like before where 1 could dominate. Back in Cata, the 70s bracket was pretty good. You couldn't xp off though as no games would happen, so just leveling up, xp off, get all the best gear, then go nuts xp on. Was fun as hell. Prot pally was broken. From 70-75 1 shield throw could kill anyone...anyone, twink or non twink.

In BFA, there is scaling. 110s is a good twinking bracket with a lot of games and twinks aren't super crazy powerful like in the old days. They have an edge, yes, but someone coming in there with 170ish iLVL vs 250+ shouldn't be equal. Want equal, make pvp gear.

bfa world pvp is also fun. 110s have a hard time crushing 120s, but 115-119 can do it due to scaling.

It isn't assholes that twink. It is people bored with the same old farming gear treadmill and who want to be done farming once they have their gear and want to pvp/pve and have fun.
    Had a lvl 19 lvled with max on herb, then they didnt allow max and it bugged, so I needed to lvl it again to the new "max" lvl. Getting all best gear really took time, I was lucky and a guildy game me the blade from shadowfang keep for free.

I used to duel lvl 35-40, really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    and yes, I stand by the opinion that people who do it are dicks
    You seem to like the D-word way too much for an average forum poster. Try to be more creative next time

/thread

I've reported several for name-calling, racial remarks and trolling here and no action was taken, so don't get too exited just yet.

PVE twinks are red herrings. Nobody is ruining the play experience of others by doing PVE.

Twinks used to be a form of entertainment for me. Killing twink rogues with a normal one was just funny. Not to mention all the drama I caused stealing their precious grand arena master trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    Is 101 a fun bracket? Does The 100-109 bracket scale different for a 101 than a 105? Or how does it work?
    101 was the best in Legion IMO. For PVE we were gods. I could do a reg dungeon in like 5-10mins and I didn't even have the best AoE class. For PVP it scaled and I didn't really notice a difference.

101 was fun because it was about chasing the gear. It cost a lot of gold to do and that chase could be really expensive. The stat squish killed how powerful we could be. I could global an invasion boss down 100-0 in 1 beastial wrath on my 101 hunter. There were MM hunters that could do it in 2 AS. My 110 hunter needed 4mins to down an invasion boss solo. Yeah 101 was really fun pve.

Now 110s are pretty fun. With scaling gear a lot of brackets seem to be doing well. Check out xpoff.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep!!!! I play a twink!! Its sooo much fun!! People forget that WoW doesnt have to just be focused on endgame. Thats a quick and sure way to get burnt out thats for sure.
    I play a 60 Tauren Drood!
    I do PvE and mostly quest for my Loremaster achievements. Collecting appearances/items just make its all the fun and I actually make quite a lot of gold from selling BoE greens on the AH. With the world scaling its a perfect time to make a twink. You dont even have to pvp if you dont want to but its a lot of fun!
    I also find it a lot more enjoyable playing on an RP server too, if thats your sortof thing.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

so, if 101 was the legion peak, does it track that 111 would be optimal now?
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I used to be heavily involved back in the day. When they created a separate BG division for xpoff players, it wiped out my twink guild and drove off a lot of players. We were basically under attack. I swore to never twink again, not that I don't want to, but I assume even if the twinking community was rebuilt, Blizzard would just attack and destroy it again.
    The actually changed it back for the bfa prepatch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Twinking was so fun back in day. All the people saying those that twinked are A-holes. No one forced you to play bg's.

I remember getting my face ripped off over and over in bg's and finally said what do they have that I don't. Found out my answer and fought back instead of whining about it. And it was all in game legal stuff.