Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Well he has 15 thousand subscribers which is $5 a month of which he gets half so that alone would put him in the 6 figure range. Not to mention sponsors, views, donations, and youtube.
    And I repeat, unless I see evidence to support your claim, not taking some randos word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I can't watch his videos.. he almost exclusively whines about everything.. he's complaining about the removal of "grinding for an item" which the overwhelming majority of the player base is glad is gone.

You can't site Reddit as any source of player discontent because it's just an echo chamber for complaining, there is almost NEVER anything positive posted there.
    That's my opinion as well.
    He also contradictory as fuck. It's like those people that whines about slower leveling, attunes for dungeons and too pricey raiding and then praising the same things about classic wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    And I repeat, unless I see evidence to support your claim, not taking some randos word for it.
    Why are you being difficult over easily accessible information?

https://twitchtracker.com/asmongold

The top streamers also keep 70% of subs (by top I mean most viewed).

First of all, thank you for the summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    loot gambling is bad - aka you can get mythic ilvl loot by doing wq only for the sake of artificially increase the time playing
    This again? I guess some people will never comprehend probability. Look at raider.io or wowprogress and notice the strong correlation between ilvl and progress.
    multiple raid difficulties made people not wanting to do higher levels of raiding
    This is just not true. The multiple raid difficulties are targeting distinct types of grouped players. LFR is for queuers, N for all inclusive friends and family, HC for casual organized groups and M for the better organized groups. They all serve their purpose and non of them is 'keeping people from tackling higher levels.
    pvp 2 shotting people with gear is gone and that's bad
    I don't care one bit about a 3rd rate game mode tacked on to a PvE game, so no opinion.
    valor to buy gear is gone and that's bad
    Thank god it is gone. Collecting tokens to buy something? Feels like a job instead of a game.
    coming from great legion expansion to bfa felt more like going from 110 to 100 and not to 120
    There was definitely a power dip 115-ilvl310'ish. Depends on the class/spec how big that was. I agree Legion was a great expansion, while BfA feels iffy.
    master loot gone is bad
    Agreed here.I think it solved less (split raids) than it hurt.
    visuals showing your skill is gone(your sick raid gear in vanilla-wotlk showing off what you all accomplished)
    I'm sorry, but who cares about this? Only insecure narcissistic mommy's boys, but that probably is where it comes from.
    noobs looking up to those geared players is gone
    Ow gawd, it gets worse. This is so pathologic. Get this guy some help already.
    devs not reading forums or interact with the community
    I don't think this is true, and if at all it would be the non-US boards that could use some love in this respect. Not agreeing with your personal viewpoints and not acting on them is not devs "not listening to 'the community'".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing wow for 10+ years and I have to tbh, everything asmond says is 100% accurate. WOW is not the WOW we remember it has gotten a lot worse and I don't know why. The biggest "how is this even possible" moment came to me about 1 week after playing BFA. It was when I was running dungeons and realised that the dungeons in bfa was not built for M+. I'm willing to bet bfa has been in production before Legion M+ dungeons became so popular. Then the developers had to MacGyver them up to try and get them to work. Thats why they feel so "off" I guess when playing through them. If wow wasn't a thing and BFA was a NEW game it would already been in the $5 dollor ben at wal-mart. BFA is the next E.T. for atari 2600. Maybe worse if you can imagine it. Also I don't pvp I raid so the game is extra shitty to me. If something doesn't happen and happen soon I say bfa is the final nail in the coffen for wow. It will be missed. I had a good time. R.I.P Nov. 24, 2004-Aug 14, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Because his original post has been ripped apart piece by piece by multiple people so the only thing he has left to do is stubbornly sulk and say "prove it" over and over.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Everything he said in the video I agree with. Blizzard truly has no great communiction with us and they are not even trying. Look at CDPR, learn from them, but Blizzard are too arrogant to do that, they are afraid some lunatic will tweet them nasty things so they treat most critisizm as such and even if it is politely well put they still ignore it.

The game has been pretty bad since cata, so i do not see why people acts like it is a new thing that wow is bad.
    The big problem is the options are worse, untill classic arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sorry, but Asmongold is another guy that thinks his playstyle is more important. I can't treat seriously people that think reducing raids to one difficulty would be good for the game. At least Preach try to look from another perspective from time to time.

For people that hate whole direction of WoW (not just current screws ups, bug and temporary stuff like Azerite):

1) Do you seriously believe that so time consuming game with long term goals as WoW 1.1-2.4 would have any chance to survive right now?

2) If direction of game is so bad, how you would explain ~3.3M boxes every two years since 2010 (with exception of MoP). You know, fool me once and this kind a stuff, but fool me 5 times? ;D

3) If "old formula" is so much better and more fun, where are games designed by this formula? If WoW no longer is like this, there should be ton of people starving for this type of game on market.

You just need easy recognizable world (Star Wars, LoTR, Elder Scrolls, etc.) and listen to Asmongold. Easy money. Where are these games (and why don't you play them by the way)?

Nah, at this point he could play whatever like this Soda guy and get same views.

I don't think it's even addiction, from what I've seen dude just can't find himself in world outside WoW. You know, like prisoner that is released after 20 years and after month do any crime to get back there (of course I may be wrong, I don't know him personally, it's just my impression).
    Quoted for truth

lets take a step back. i don't think the problem is with blizzard. It might be now but they did a really good job in BC and Wrath. But guess what happened? Well they started listening to the casual players ( the shitters ) and started making things fukin ez mode. Every xpac after cata just got easier and easier. I don't raid anymore because you can't be the best player anymore. Everyone is so generic now a days its just lame. PPl would recognize you more because of your skill but now since blizzard removed SKILL from the game its just ehh now. Same with PvP you really can't tell the difference from a 1600 player and a 2600 player. You are so limited on what you can do with your character button wise. And getting gear for free is just another rabbit hole of shit. They just made this game TOOOO EASY. That is the problem.

hummmm didn't see the tax returns in any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The game has been pretty bad since cata, so i do not see why people acts like it is a new thing that wow is bad.
    Oh yeah, classic wow, the saving grace. Classic can't come fast enough so people like you go and play for a month already. At least it would be a peaceful month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    What new gameplay are you expecting in Classic?

You'll level to 60, then do 5 mans to get pre-raid bis (won't take long), then do raids (which again, won't take long). What else will you do besides farm consumes for raids?

What new gameplay are you expecting in Classic?

You'll level to 60, then do 5 mans to get pre-raid bis, then do raids. What else will you do besides farm consumes for raids?
    Monotonously grind mobs for gold to buy an epic mount. And... Well, thats about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    pvp (arena*) is the best thing about this xpac

nothing more needs to be said
    Got some friends to try wow again as they pretty much only did arena in bc/wotlk and even though we are having a lot of fun they keep asking about abilities that are long gone...

I never did arena back then so I'm having a blast but as soon as my friends would stop playing there is nothing keeping me going.

10+ Year Old Account
    hummmm didn't see the tax returns in any of that.
    Google tax rate for USA then, or his State if they do it that way.

Deleted
    I can understand his point of view, but my experience does not reflect his, mostly because I don't view gear as the goal. What Asmongold likes about the Vanilla/TBC era was the philosophy that time is what matters. If you put in enough time, you will get good gear. You step into raids to get the good gear. The difficulty wasn't to complete the raid, the difficulty was to have enough time to even get to a point where you are able to raid. And the end goal is to get all the best items.

I play WoW for the challenge, and gear is not a goal, it's a means to an end. Gear is what I need to be able to defeat the most challenging content. I don't have a lot of time, I could never enjoy a game like Vanilla or TBC in my life right now, because I can't grind and farm for hours every day. I have the time to raid a couple of times a week. For me, the current system where it's pretty easy to get into a raid but the raid itself is immensely challenging is exactly what I want and need. I need to be able to reroll and gear up a new character for the good of the guild in a few days, not a few months. I don't care about gear, I don't care about sitting on a mount in Ironforge and hope people will notice my cool armour that they don't have. I don't feel self validated by the opinions of others, I feel fulfillment and accomplishment when we down that mythic boss after wiping 60 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Monotonously grind mobs for gold to buy an epic mount. And... Well, thats about it.
    Grind for epic mount is vastly overrated. I managed to do it as a complete nub, will take me no time at all if I get to 60 on classic. Grinding 5 mans for pre raid bis and herbing will be more than enough gold.

Google tax rate for USA then, or his State if they do it that way.
    Still no return slips...sorry but your word isnt enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I can't grind and farm for hours every day.
    You don't have to. In vanilla and TBC I was basically a raid logger, as the game offered nothing else to do outside of raids once you were done with 5 mans.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no return slips...sorry but your word isnt enough
    You're an idiot.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-10-15 at 09:44 AM.