Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Figures line up with other sources. Can't deny the truth at this point.
    There are no "sources". Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    you mean 2.3 billion. India has 1.4 billion.
    Google is saying 1.3 with India at 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Exactly.

So oh shit 1.7M subs, damn. Hopefully this is an eye opener?

I mean don't get me wrong, we all love wow, that's why we play it. But come on :/
    The problem is that WoW devs put selling gold for money and mounts as a priority over subs. That is the choice they made to turn a profit. Current WoW is no different than any other F2P MMORPG out there at the moment.

It was speculated a long time ago this was the ball park figure. Now we know this is the truth. Not angry about it just accepted that BFA is a filler expansion. Meh.
    I think I've just more or less accepted WoW will never be a game I enjoy again given the current dev direction. But I'm still just sad to see it like this. I mean, yay, people agree with me, but that's not the best feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any MMO out there would still sacrifice at least 3 children for the sub numbers people on here are speculating on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The other sources are out there for those eager to seek truth aka light. If those choose to stay in the dark that is the choice they must make but also live with the rest of their lives. This is why knowing the truth about current WoW's state is paramount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I think I've just more or less accepted WoW will never be a game I enjoy again given the current dev direction. But I'm still just sad to see it like this. I mean, yay, people agree with me, but that's not the best feeling.
    It happens the problem I see is that the more subs they lose the more controlling WoW devs become on how players "experience content". Current iron fist on how you want to play WoW is driving players away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh this is juicy.

Got a good laugh out of the follow up tweet from the WA guys

"Blizzard told me this is false"

Gee imagine that.. something negative leaks that portrays the company in a poor light and confirms the suspicions people have had about the state of the game since they stopped reporting subscribers in Warlords gets denied by said company.

Like how many times do these people need to be lied to before they finally get it through their head? How daft can you be?
    Do you realise that you're just feeding your confirmation bias? It's either Blizzard denies it and you go "Why do you lie to us?" or they confirm it and you go "See, i was right!". But there's no way for them to make you accede that you were mistaken.

The other sources are out there for those eager to seek truth aka light. If those choose to stay in the dark that is the choice they must make but also live with the rest of their lives. This is why knowing the truth about current WoW's state is paramount.

Without links to these supposed sources, you might as well be pulling figures out of your ass. Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    To be honest CRZ was a mistake right from the beginning.
    Incorrect. CRZ is a solution to a very real problem - the game's server infrastructure was designed for 12 million players yet half that number of players are playing now (or, perhaps, even less than half). Without CRZ and Connected Realms, most servers would be ghost towns with only a handful of people visible in big cities. In other games, when the population decreases, the servers with the smallest populations are eliminated, and their players shoved onto another, higher population server. This is widely regarded as the first sign that a game is dying, hence why Blizzard carefully avoided the problem with CRZ and Connected Realms.

Without links to these supposed sources, you might as well be pulling figures out of your ass. Try harder.
    Well said!

There are already links in this thread.

Maybe you need to work on your search?

10+ Year Old Account
    The source was a poster at a WoW themed site's premium forum. Guessing Ownedcore. And I'm also guessing people here don't care that WeakAura wasn't the ones who found the stats.

It would be similar to me making a post here on MMOC stating the same sub numbers, really.

This is comparable to the WQ Exploit troll, where everyone who is mad about BFA was saying it was true, as it gave them another chance to bash the game. The mentality of whiners in the wow community doesn't change.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    To be honest CRZ was a mistake right from the beginning.
    I honestly thought crz is just a temporary thing till they sort realms out (connecting them etc).
    I just can't understand how can an mmo exist in a way where I can SEE and TALK to people but I can't trade with them, can't guild up with them. They are essentially biodecorations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There is no deception here. We have a consistent historical ration of 1:3 for "day one" sales to active sub count. 50% of that sub count never ending up purchasing the box doesn't change that box sales are always about 30% of the active sub count.
    the active sub count is over half subs that would not hit up on a blizzard server nor be found via the alleged data hole.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do you realise that you're just feeding your confirmation bias? It's either Blizzard denies it and you go "Why do you lie to us?" or they confirm it and you go "See, i was right!". But there's no way for them to make you accede that you were mistaken.
    The only way to be sure is for them to report the numbers in an earnings call or report, because lying on those carries pretty huge penalties from the SEC.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already links in this thread.

Maybe you need to work on your search?
    Oooh, I can't be arsed reading all these pages lul. What WoW themed site/forum was the post made on? I thought it had been deleted though..
    Hi

Even if the guy who supposedly dug these up was standing by them as accurate, which he's not, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly take these numbers seriously. With the spread of different regions that play WoW and the litany of different payment methods you can use now, it's pretty unlikely that an unintentional and unpolished API call is going to return complete and accurate subscriber data.

I can understand the desire to get your negative feelings about BfA validated, but shit like this really doesn't tell us anything other than what we already wanted to hear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't surprise me. I was even considering not coming back for BFA, but I'd already pre-ordered back in April or May in exchange for allied races (and then quit shortly after). If I hadn't pre-ordered I doubt I would have come back for BFA, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you paid attention to this company over the last 5 or so years?

If you did you'd realize how stupid you sound right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Which isn't relevant at all. You don't think going from 12(ish) million subs down to even anywhere close to the number in that tweet would be a bad thing for Blizzard?
    If it was true, sure. However, I see more people in my friends list playing WoW every day than even at the highest point of Legion. What is scary to me is that so many of these sheep on the forums are taking those numbers as official blizzard releases. That, to me, is the scary part and concerns me.