Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    For mouse movers like me, i cannot recommend the logitech G510 keyboard more highly enough. With 18 programmable keys on the side it makes everything a breeze.

As for healing while moving with a mouse, I only really find it a problem if you use mouse over macros. But even then for pve I don't find it too troublesome.

If your right handed (mosue on right side) that keyboard is shit. Number Pad a waste of space and ruins your ergonomics.

For mouse movers like me, i cannot recommend the logitech G510 keyboard more highly enough. With 18 programmable keys on the side it makes everything a breeze.

As for healing while moving with a mouse, I only really find it a problem if you use mouse over macros. But even then for pve I don't find it too troublesome.

Hey man. I have a keyboard similar to this with only 12 buttons or so on the left side. However, it won't let me keybind them. Is there a process to it or am I just slow?

Now if you are healing I can see moving with your mouse being problematic, but any other role should be moving with their mouse as much as possible. Rarely do you have to move far at once unless you put yourself in a bad spot. So in most cases a simple side step/strafe co ers all the movement you need. Beyond that it comes down to olanning ahead rather than reacting and playing catch up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Before I got my Naga, I used to have Q, E, R, F, C, V for my rotational skills, so no problem with moving and casting.
    1 and 3 are always CDs (not really needing to cast them while moving), and 2 is always my interrupt (easy access, and if you neet to move when casting it, you still can move forward with the mouse, leaving your mayor finger free to press it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy enough?

WASD + keybinds + Very few clickable abilities?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Roccat Nyth Mouse.

'Nuff said.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Hey man. I have a keyboard similar to this with only 12 buttons or so on the left side. However, it won't let me keybind them. Is there a process to it or am I just slow?
    You have to download the logitech software to be able to keybind them. It's free and take 30 seconds to install. I just changed G1 -G12 keys to F1 - F12 and the remaining G13-G18 to random keys I seldom use. Then its simple matter of changing your wow keybinds in game to suit.

I use G1-G6 for cc, interrupt and burst
    G7-G12 for normal rotation
    G13-G18 for defensives etc.

You have to download the logitech software to be able to keybind them. It's free and take 30 seconds to install. I just changed G1 -G12 keys to F1 - F12 and the remaining G13-G18 to random keys I seldom use. Then its simple matter of changing your wow keybinds in game to suit.

I use G1-G6 for cc, interrupt and burst
    G7-G12 for normal rotation
    G13-G18 for defensives etc.

thanks man. I've been out since early WOD. Didn't even finish getting to 100. Taking the grind slowly. Started with my boomy and the 110 boost. I use the mouse to advance and space to jump and maneuver. My qwertyasdf keys are all taken up with spells and CDs so Id like to actually put my strafe keys over there. I'll try it out when I get home tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Easy enough?

WASD + keybinds + Very few clickable abilities?
    I was wondering about that too. What possible setup requires more keybinds than what's easily reachable by one hand on the KB?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was wondering about that too. What possible setup requires more keybinds than what's easily reachable by one hand on the KB?
    I'm thinking perhaps he can't walk with W then lift the finger off briefly to hit Q then back to W. Or W to 1 then back to W for instance.

He needs to have his fingers on WASD the entire time and maybe is trying to use only pinky finger and thumb for abilities?

I use WASD for movement, QERFCV123450 Mouse4 + Shift modified of all those for abilities. The 0 bind I usually just click but I like to have it bound. But you need to take your finger off WASD to push the keys then go back again. Its a finger dance!

I use my mouse to move forward and A+D for strafing.

I dps with E R T F G 3 4 5 6 with shift modifiers, and i usually strafe left or move forward if i have to move, i mouseturn to the right and mouse move forward if i have to go right, its pretty much muscle memory. I unbind backpedal since i dont tank and put wild charge disengage chicken in there.

I have Naga but i never put abilities there that i use in combat, it feels slow to press, im a very spammy player so pressing mouse side buttons feels really really weird and slow, i use them to drink, seathe weapon, open an opie keyring to select buffs and consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitiz View Post
    I'm thinking perhaps he can't walk with W then lift the finger off briefly to hit Q then back to W. Or W to 1 then back to W for instance.

He needs to have his fingers on WASD the entire time and maybe is trying to use only pinky finger and thumb for abilities?!
    That's what I'm not understanding here.

It seems like there should be two basic setups:

1) use WASD for all your movement needs(Q and E) for keyboard turning if absolutely necessary. And use your mouse to activate abilities, either via a multi-button mouse like the Naga, or all the way down to clicking hotkeys.

2) Use the mouse to move, with holding down a button to look or strafe. And leaving your entire keyboard hand free to punch whatever buttons.

Everything is pretty much some variation of that unless you're using one if those specialized game pads(which might be something the OP should look into).
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-10-16 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    How do you move in pve or arena and execute your dps rotation?
    Well, I do a combination of a couple of things...

First, I am primarily a keyboard turner. This is for a couple of reason. I spent many years prior to getting into MMOs as a competitive FPS player. Due to the way the engine works for those games you had to move with your keyboard in order to aim with your mouse. I also have slightly twitchy hands due to some medication I'm on. It makes mouse moving more difficult than using a keyboard.

I have my movement keys bound to the standard WASD and adjacent keys. I also bound my movement related abilities to keys in the same area. Things like sprint and disengage and autorun are right there. I use my numpad on the right side of the keyboard for my main combat abilities. I really only use my mouse to move in certain situations such as when I get hit with some sort of disorienting effect in order to quickly center myself after I recover. I also have abilities that require the green aiming circle bound to my side mouse buttons such as traps or aimed AoEs. I use the INS/HOME/DEL/END buttons above the arrow keys for my cooldowns as well as the buttons bordering my numpad.

To me, keybindings and control setups are a pretty personal thing. If you find something that works for you, is comfortable, and easy to remember then that's what you go with. Don't be afraid to try out a few different setups and mix & match until you get it right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redanqt View Post
    Why can't you move with keyboard and execute a dps rotation at the same time?
    For me - I can't move with the keyboard - have to move with the mouse.

So I have dps rotation on keys, for my arcane mage - part of my dps rotation is well timed shimmer and displacement

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrite13 View Post
    First, I am primarily a keyboard turner. This is for a couple of reason. I spent many years prior to getting into MMOs as a competitive FPS player.
    I am primarily a keyboard turner.
    I spent many years prior to getting into MMOs as a competitive FPS player.

Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillboy View Post
    I am primarily a keyboard turner.
    [...] competitive [...]

Pick one.
    Fixed.

On topic:
    I don't use Q and E to strafe, I just use A and D and hold the right mouse button all the time. It gives me two very accessible keybinds (6 with modifiers). Another alternative is to just bind A and D to strafe.

Deleted
    I use following spell bindings:

q,e,f,r,t

mouse up
    mouse down
    shift + alt mouse up, down
    middle mouse button
    side mouse button
    (Thats 8 bindings on the mouse alone)

shift-e, shift-f, shift-r

One shouldn't need more buttons to press regularly in a fight.

All those bindings can easily used while moving with WASD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    At the current, none. All classes have been reduced, refined or pruned. The clickable ones for me are things like Hero/BL/TW, buffs and ress.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I have the same keyboard and could not live without it, i have the G keys bound to mouseover heals (normally cant heal and move a lot so mouse moving isnt a problem)
    have been trying a footpedal but cant get to grips with that