Thread: asmongold

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy138 View Post
    can someone explain to me why everyone is acting like asmongold is the second coming of jesus? He restates the same shit everyone has been saying so why are people sucking him off? The dude says he doesn't unsub because he thinks it won't change anything when in reality it's because it's his job. He twists his words to make sure that it doesn't look bad that he is still subbed to the game. His cult follower of yes men agreeing to everything he says, all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.

He streams WoW= more of his viewers will keep subbing to WoW.

Sodapoppin is much more real as he stopped streaming bfa.
    I think this is the wrong question to be asking.

The real question is, why do WoW fans put all their eggs in one basket? It's not just Asmongold, in the past it's been Ghostcrawler (honestly, the MMOC editors' obsession with Ghostcrawler's tweets was embarrassing), it's Raider.IO, it was Elitist Jerks... in short, it's whatever WoW players feel is the paragon of the moment with regard to their thoughts and feelings about the game in general.

But I don't blame WoW fans for this. It's not our fault that anyone puts Asmongold or any of these other people on a pedestal. It's Blizzard's fault. People do this, they look for someone to speak for them, when they feel their concerns aren't being heard. The official forums don't provide that outlet. Reddit doesn't. MMOC and Wowhead and Blizzard Watch don't. Twitter doesn't.

We all think things about this game, positive or negative. More importantly, we want to be heard when we collectively have a voice that needs to be heard. Right now, the developers need to hear a lot of things about the game that many of us feel aren't being listened to. Don't like it when Blizzard thinks they know what needs to be done with your class because they have data and stats, and you casually point out that nobody knows players' classes BETTER THAN THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES and they still don't listen? We want Asmongold or somebody like him to be heard.

As I said in another thread, I'm not a fan of Asmongold personally, but I think he's saying things a lot of people want Blizzard to hear and he's possibly the best shot right now at doing so. But they won't, because they're tone deaf. And that's not the fault of all of you, the players, the MMO-C readers... none of us are the problem here. Blizzard is. They don't want to hear it, and one of these days, that's going to kick them right back in the butt.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2018-10-16 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    In general, people don't like to think for themselves so they rely on YT personalities to feed them the information which they use to formulate their opinions. It's the same reason many people get their news from pundits. Thinking for yourself is hard.
    Or perhaps they like the video he made because it mirrors what they were already thinking. It's not exactly hard to come to the conclusion that BFA isn't great. Asmongold just made a video about it and deserves some kudos for the effort.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Why do people keep making post about why people listen to Asmond? For whatever reason he seems to be popping up in people's youtube feed, X number people like what he has to say, X number don't.
    it had eased but the last 48hrs he's back all over my you tube suggestions even though I blocked him.
    doesn't happen with any other streamer only him.

Because he has a voice and he calmly and smartly worded a feeling that many people have had for years about WoW but may not have enough of a mouthpiece or may not be smart enough to word it themselves.

People like the guy because he may have a douchebag persona that he likes pushing but when it comes down to genuine topics he's surprisingly well-worded and better yet, actually constructive and offers solutions that make sense. I don't like that persona and as a result I can't stand watching him, and I hate the toxicity he promotes in the game, but I appreciate that he's willing to put that persona aside to try to help make the game better by voicing his opinion on what the problem is with World of Warcraft as a whole.

The major point is that Asmongold made a video that Blizzard employees and likely develops will hear and will have to discuss. People are happy with him about that. He used his popularity to project a message that a lot of players have to Blizzard, likely directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The major point is that Asmongold made a video that Blizzard employees and likely develops will hear and will have to discuss. People are happy with him about that. He used his popularity to project a message that a lot of players have to Blizzard, likely directly.
    Like I said above, this is truth. Except for the part about "will hear and have to discuss". I fear that Blizzard *has* heard Asmongold's message, as I'm sure they've heard what Taliesin & Evitel are saying, and Bellular is saying, and Preach is saying, and all the other influencers are saying... and are promptly sticking their collective heads in the sand and thinking it'll all go away.

Unfortunately for Blizzard, snowballs only get bigger rolling downhill.

You'd think a company named Blizzard would respect the snowball effect but... well, there you go.

Sheep. People blindly follow and suck up anything their favorite streamer/YT personality says or does. Look at xQc in Overwatch. Him literally just talking and sperging out is posted on the COMPETITIVE OW subreddit literally daily.

People can't think for themselves so they follow what's "popular" and easy
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Like I said above, this is truth. Except for the part about "will hear and have to discuss". I fear that Blizzard *has* heard Asmongold's message, as I'm sure they've heard what Taliesin & Evitel are saying, and Bellular is saying, and Preach is saying, and all the other influencers are saying... and are promptly sticking their collective heads in the sand and thinking it'll all go away.

Unfortunately for Blizzard, snowballs only get bigger rolling downhill.

You'd think a company named Blizzard would respect the snowball effect but... well, there you go.
    tbh I don't have faith in them to produce a good diablo game. After firing blizzard north that had the actual talent to make a good diablo game, blizzard has been trash at making a decent diablo game. They are too full of themselves to use diablo 2 system and make diablo 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Maybe. Or... the other messages in this thread you obviously didn't read because it was "popular" and "easy" just to reply with contempt.

Not a fan of his and don't care for his content. Saw his vid, but still have to agree with almost everything he said. Was a pretty well thought out vid. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Sheep. People blindly follow and suck up anything their favorite streamer/YT personality says or does. Look at xQc in Overwatch. Him literally just talking and sperging out is posted on the COMPETITIVE OW subreddit literally daily.

To be fair, as someone, who dislike that guy, that video hit the nail on the head.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold is the best!!!!! Him and McConnell are freaking hilarious! Haters will always hate.... That's what happens when you go "BIG D**K"!! Lol
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Generally same reason why people go to forums. People are drawn to echo chambers and seeing other people share opinions that they already have. Having your opinions be confirmed by others makes you feel good, and moreso when it's recognizable (often outspoken and unofficial) community representatives like streamers or YTers.

So Sodapoppin is more real that he stopped streaming BFA. As far as I remember, he's swore off WoW multiple times since I first knew of him from MoP. Then it was WoD. Now it's BFA. How many times do you have to swear off WoW before it's for real? He still comes back each time, so in a way that's worse since he's just repeating the same motions that makes him leave the game again. There's no lesson learned here by leaving when he's just gonna come back when another expansion hits or when people start up a renewed interest in WoW content. He'll go where his viewers want him to go.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2018-10-16 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because he can construct an argument better than most. So people point to him and go “this!” because they feel the same way, but don’t know how to argue it.

You do realize you are also probably giving Asmongold Content with this as well right?
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

can someone explain to me why everyone is acting like asmongold is the second coming of jesus? He restates the same shit everyone has been saying so why are people sucking him off? The dude says he doesn't unsub because he thinks it won't change anything when in reality it's because it's his job. He twists his words to make sure that it doesn't look bad that he is still subbed to the game. His cult follower of yes men agreeing to everything he says, all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.

No one has ever acted like that. Maybe people who post his vidoes just agree with his points because they are points that can be agreed with (not this weird cult nonsense you seem to think exists, captain counterculture) and want to use it as a discussion point?

I know, discussing things on a discussion forum, what an unheard of concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltar View Post
    People talk shit about the game daily and still play why should he be any different ? the fact that he makes a metric fuck of money from streaming a game then publicly points out why its failing doesn't make him fake its actually the complete opposite lol

so many people saltly that a balding neckbeard who looks like a alien is rich as fuck
    This is an amazing description and you would be spot on, jealous fucks will always be jealous.

Preach tried his hardest to get the point across that Azerite was god awful, after countless hot fixes that hardly changed anything, hes right.

MMOchamp are like Apple fans, mindless sheep.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean he appeals to a vocal crowd. I generally avoid him, Danger dolan, and many other warcraft personalities, bc they'e just so unbearably pessimistic. I don't mind criticism, but they're basically paid to complain at this point. T&E are the opposite, in which they're at times overbearingly optimistic and can be condescending to viewers.
    Youtube personalities attract people who want validation for the same beliefs. I like the middle ground of Bellular a bit more, but even he can beat the dead horse a bit, esp when he makes comments like "as a developer" when he's never worked on a system or on a scale comparable to Blizzard's.

Generally people know these personalities only suggest theories and pose opinions. That's why they don't work for Blizzard or other major gaming companies and have zero knowledge on how to properly fix these issues like they claim to be able to. There is no fast fix, no easy button tap, no trick or twist like they all claim exists.

They're sensationalist. They see the mood of their audience, feed off of it, and make a quick buck. It's like the news, only a warcraft edition.
    Asmongold is just one of many personalities, feeding on the topic of the day. I don't harbor anything personal against him, he's just like everyone else on youtube. They'll circle jerk any topic that will give them a fix, it's been happening for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Generally same reason why people go to forums. People are drawn to echo chambers and seeing other people share opinions that they already have.
    I think you'd be absolutely right under normal circumstances.

The problem is, right now, it seems all of the people who do regular WoW reaction videos -- Asmongold, Preach, Taliesin & Evitel, Bellular, Signs of Kelani, DalaranGaming, and a bunch of others -- all seem to have the same opinions about the game. That's disturbing when they're all pretty negative. And maybe it means we need to realize that the echo chamber is right in this instance.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't get it either. He's not even cute. At least Sodapoppin is somewhat cute. I could never watch Asmogold on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No...we both just made assumptions based on what somebody else said
    Erm no... OP made an argument

all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.
    and I provided a counterexample as to why that argument isn't necessarily true.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    have you ever considered that maybe people are "parroting" something because its a very common opinion and not because they're unoriginal?
    Regardless as it's possible for the OP's argument to be false its not a valid conclusion and neither is calling people white knights because they defend the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.