Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    NO system can run raids at 60FPS at all time on ultra. No matter what. You will ALLWAYS dip below 60FPS when to much is going on at once
    do you have any evidence to back this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    Yeah, common sense. The load in raids is so heavy on the CPU during segments that you will never be above 60 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    Sure. Every single time we've asked someone to post up that video of raiding at a constant 60fps, they never do.

There are none on the Internet. Anywhere.

Not a single one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Maybe you need a better ISP. I have gigabit ethernet, and I get 60+fps constantly.
    ... latency (and internet speed; WoW takes about 10Kb/s up/down) doesn't have a material affect on framerate uless you're well over 600+ ms. And the only reason it starts to affect it them is because the system chokes when it cant get new info for Draw Calls.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a lot of people here need to get new computers. 60 fps is very easy to maintain in raids, 100 is possible but very expensive.

You should try getting better ethernet and hdmi cables.

https://www.monsterstore.com/collections/cables

lolwut.

Absolute 100% troll confirmed.

Or, if you believe that, absolute 100% fool confirmed.

Your pick, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people here need to get new computers. 60 fps is very easy to maintain in raids, 100 is possible but very expensive.
    100 with any settings sounds like a total stretch. Considering your CPU seems to be the only bottleneck in demanding situations in WoW, what speed are you running it at to maintain 100 FPS in raids? I'd love a video as well, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try getting better ethernet and hdmi cables.

https://www.monsterstore.com/collections/cables
    A cable is a cable is a cable is a cable. These things are a standard. If you have an improvement over those standards. Just because it costs more, doesn't mean it works better.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgy5fX-VPCs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one complaining about low frame rates. My system runs perfectly. If you don't want to improve your system's performance, don't use cost as an excuse. My high-fidelity ethernet Monster cable gives me my 1Gbps internet much better than your crappy Walmart cable with your dial-up modem.

When you use crappy HDMI cables, your frames don't get to the screen as good as mine do.
    What? Any ethernet cable works as good as any other of the same kind. A Cat5 that costs 2 dollars will work just as well as a Cat5 that costs 200. It's a length of copper with a specific connector on it. Same goes for HDMI cables. Sure, you might get OFC, or silver, but it works the exact same. Did you even watch the video I linked?

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Tell me your pc specs then. I'm sure Intel and AMD would pay you millions for a cpu that's so good that it can handle 60+ FPS in raids and heavy zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cat5 can't handle 1Gbps at all. That's your problem right there.
    It was an example.
    Any Cat6 will do just as well as any other cat6.
    It is LITERALLY just a length of copper and a connector. Who made it, or whatever has 0 fucking effect on how well it works.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2018-10-18 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    yeah if you use windows 10... for w7 users they just give you a big fucking FUCK YOU
    That's because there's no DX12 on W7. DX11 is not multi-threadable.

Also, it's unlikely to fix WoW's underlying performance problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It was an example.
    Any Cat6 will do just as well as any other cat6.
    It is LITERALLY just a length of copper and a connector. Who made it, or whatever has 0 fucking effect on how well it works.
    Why are you even bothering with his trolling.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it trolling. I bet you still have your mouse and keyboard plugged into USB2 ports. USB3 ports are better and faster. They're usually the blue ones on your system. You should move your stuff over to them to get a few more fps too.
    0/10 at least the other troll post could of made sense mouse and keyboard giving fps luls no one is that retarded.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold is better than copper. You should get the Monster cables with the gold contacts.
    The standard was made for copper. You're not going to push more data through a gold connector than a copper one unless the copper one is broken in some way
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Why are you even bothering with his trolling.
    Because someone reading this might think it's true and I want to try and avoid that

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    10/10 settings, 1080p, 60 fps - you can't even get that everywhere in the world, even less so in the raid. Might be a slim chance with OCed 8700K or better in 8.1, but you can always go to Ashran and get into a 40vs40 and experience 30fps and below hell.

You should provide proof for your claims by the way, or what you said is really empty and lacking any value.
    My 8700K at 5.3 GHz doesn't get 60 in parts of Suramar, and that's with view distance at 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because someone reading this might think it's true and I want to try and avoid that
    Sorry. I was asleep or I would have gotten to it sooner.

I'd like to also back the "a cable is a cable is a cable" statement. These are digital signals. They get through or they don't. It's not the days of analog video, where a better cable could give you a (slightly) better image. Also, the idea of better internet or plugging your mouse/keyboard into USB 3.0 ports gaining frame rate is laughable. A mouse or keyboard is nowhere close to saturating the bandwidth of a USB 2.0 port. Save your USB 3.0 ports for things that actually need the extra bandwidth, like webcams or external drives.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Yeah, common sense. The load in raids is so heavy on the CPU during segments that you will never be above 60 fps.
    By that logic the holocaust was made up, common sense, there didn't exist 6 trillion jews in the 1940s.
    See how silly you sound.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Even Microsoft is ending their support for Win7, why do you expect Blizz to continue developing the game for an unsupported OS?
    Extended support ends in 2020, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Neither is mine, although I never tried it above 5GHz, shitty VRM and pretty bad cooling. At stock in some of the worse spots at 10/10 I get 48 fps or so and my 1070ti is running at 39% utilization. 45% or something with the new "optimizations".

This is why it's annoying to hear people make these claims.
    OP is primary talking about RAIDS, RAIDS is when FPS matters, not in Suramar.
    60 fps stable at all times is very achievable during 20 man groups content in current raid.

I'm confident I'll be able to maintain 60 fps in raids with my future upgrade (1070, i5, new components throughout) BUT: I don't have maxed settings in raids. I turn off shadows, don't use anti-aliasing etc etc.

If I wanted everything maxed, I don't think any setup would help as WoW is right now. I even lose 2-3 fps just being in combat in general outdoors with settings on minimum.