Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vanilla WOW is UNPLAYABLE - Especially for people who never played it

Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?

This is pretty poor bait... still with the majority of mods being base around and auction house ( the auction house has needed a revamp for ages).

People customize for what they want.

Dont play it then, what's the problem? I get it that people are used to endless casualization of retail and probably cant play without those changes, but it's fine. Vanilla was a different game and you're not supposed to play it if you play retail. You dont cry about unable to play an RTS because you're not used to microcontrolling 20 units at once right?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    30 Addons? What kind of 30 addons are those? Most raiders would need a bossmod and weakauras and build anything needed with that, and those addons are still used on retail with all the QOL improvments

It's very playable. They need bug fixes, integrate the old game in the new engine to make it pretty and add some quality of life improvements (soul shards to stack, send more than 1 email things like that). I'm fine with not altering anything in regards to classes and mechanics to keep the vanilla "feel".

This is the kind of player who would suggest that you're not playing real Vanilla WoW if you're not trying to run it on a Pentium III with Windows XP.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?
    I use like 30 addons on live, and I used far fewer on the private servers I played on. What's the point of this thread, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuda View Post
    30 Addons? What kind of 30 addons are those? Most raiders would need a bossmod and weakauras and build anything needed with that, and those addons are still used on retail with all the QOL improvments
    Wait, people use Weakauras on Classic private servers ?
    We humans have to stick together

If you need addons to play vanilla,maybe you just suck at the game tbh,you don't need addons to play even in mythic raids today
    And you need them even less to play Vanilla

so nothings changed, ok.

So the argument is that you are no longer good enough to have to actually...... play the game. Yeah, I guess it will be too hard for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    This is the kind of player who would suggest that you're not playing real Vanilla WoW if you're not trying to run it on a Pentium III with Windows XP.
    Pentium III? La de dar, Mr fancy-pants!

I almost dont use addons. In classic I didnt use any. didnt know about them. Was quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Good thing I have an old laptop in the basement. I think it's actually a Pentium II, should get maybe 5 FPS in raids, do I get bonus Classic epeen points for that?

I mean I use like 50 Addons zu make retail playable, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty tome View Post
    This is pretty poor bait... still with the majority of mods being base around and auction house ( the auction house has needed a revamp for ages).

People customize for what they want.
    Yeah OP isn't being serious even.

To be honest, there WILL be a lot of players who will find the game unplayable, some of them may have played in 2005/some not.

But there WILL be a lot who DO find the game playable. It's definitely a game that took patience and perseverance -- but in return your accomplishments felt very fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean I use like 50 Addons zu make retail playable, so...
    I use 10-15 maybe (most of which are non-essential). It honestly depends on the player, but even classic was playable with only a couple mods.
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2018-10-18 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Wait, people use Weakauras on Classic private servers ?
    They aren't. but you can bet your left nut it will be implemented day1 on Classic

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was playable by up to 8 million people from 0.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

lol

No. It is not "unplayable". I've played since Vanilla beta.

Is it very different than it is today? Absolutely. It is unplayable? Absolutely not.

People used online resources back then (thottbot was king back then) and even add-ons as well to measure threat, loot, etc, etc. And many of us played back then without addons and got along just fine.

As someone who never played Vanilla and intend to try it for a bit, I don't think that's true as long as you're willing to enter into the game with a different mindset that the one you're used to on retail.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a nice retrospect experience once you have learned what have changed over the years and why they actually did.