Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm picturing an alternate ending to the first Captain America...

"The controls are damaged! You're going to have to steer the plane into the ice or a ton of people are going to die!"

Captain America: "Sorry guys, I don't trade lives."
    *Jumps*
    lolz, thats a fair observation.

Although self sacrifice is different in "heroic" terms. The leader cant nominate a team mate to kill themselves but the leader can nominate himself

In practical sense/military the grunts/front line troops are the canon fodder but this is a superhero movie we're talking about

I'm not buying any of the "leaks" I've heard so far.

"The Last Avenger" is a little too much like The Last Jedi for it not to be a joke. (Though I don't actually mind it).

"Avengers Assemble" was the UK name for the first Avengers film, so would be confusing if they called the new film the same.

"Annihilation" is a very specific Marvel Comics event/story. It feels weird to me that Marvel would name it after a well known, completely unrelated story as it would confuse new comic buyers and limit their chances of that book being made in future.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'm not buying any of the "leaks" I've heard so far.

"The Last Avenger" is a little too much like The Last Jedi for it not to be a joke. (Though I don't actually mind it).

"Avengers Assemble" was the UK name for the first Avengers film, so would be confusing if they called the new film the same.

"Annihilation" is a very specific Marvel Comics event/story. It feels weird to me that Marvel would name it after a well known, completely unrelated story as it would confuse new comic buyers and limit their chances of that book being made in future.
    They called it that because they didnt want it to be confused by the best Avengers movie ever made and that was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(1998_film)

That film took movies to a whole new level....... of badness!!!

Deleted
    And here we go with the Nth Leak of the title,plot and trailer:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...theories-Ronin

Source: deleted post on reddit.
    Credibility: Up to you.
    Coherence of the leak: seems high but coherence does not imply truth.
    Origin: if it's true its 9/10 intentional leak from Marvel Studios so we can spend the next months before the trailer discussing it ...because that's what we do.

I'm thinking there's a real reason why Dr. Strange said there was only 1 possible outcome of victory out of 14 million. The group was already pretty close to getting the gauntlet off Thanos, so it's not like defeating him was that out of the cards.

But that would mean, even if they beat Thanos, something else they couldn't stop is causing them to lose. Dr. Strange's strategy probably revolves getting past that. I kind of like the theory that Strange went forward in time and got a corrupted time stone from his future self. Hence why Thanos's gauntlet looks so messed up after that snap. And why Dr. Strange didn't actually try and use the stone's power during his fight like Thanos pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The movie will do great, but I also think it will be the end of the Marvel universe success in the box office.

The main storyline will be done, the cast will likely be done and I am willing to bet that they are going to make very unpopular character choices at the end of the movie.
    Well, with the Fox merger next year, they'll now have the entire X-Men universe, not to mention Fantastic 4 and the rest of Spider-man. When you think about it, that's insane, and easily a whole new decade's worth of stories.

Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, Fantastic 4 all done properly, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, the Phoenix Force, Sinister 6, Venom, etc. all within the Marvel universe to play along with Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Spider-man, etc. Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow will be easy enough to replace, I heard Hemsworth is staying, they have a huge wealth of stories to do.

Wolverine, Black Panther and Storm and their son, time traveling Cable, we haven't seen She-Hulk yet and I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druuge View Post
    My biggest fear for Avengers 4 is the villain and the motivation there.

Thanos wasnt evil he just wanted to balance everything out cause of what he saw on his home planet so it gave him a psychopaths logic and he completed his goal

Thanos is now content and prolly wounded from the axe and his glove looked pretty fucked up and he has no way to get a new one so where does Thanos go from here?

He never wanted to rule the galaxy just bring balance to it which he did so why would we need a massive team of superheroes to take him down? Is it just so they can steal the gems and somehow reverse everything he did?

All of Thanos henchmen are dead he is just a broken husk now with a broken gauntlet that yes still has the gems but the gauntlet looked pretty fucked so i doubt he could weld it that well now unless reasons in the next film.

I must say i cant wait for Avengers 4 it could be the icing on a epic cake of awesomeness and i do have confidence they will deliver but its just a nagging feeling i have in the back of my mind.
    Who ever said that Thanos would be the villain in avengers 4? Or lets say main villain? Ofc he will be in the next movie and have a big part of it, but that doesn't mean he's the main villain

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It really is a shame, I think, that Avengers4 is coming out when it is. Given another year for instance, the UnSnapping could have unleashed some world changing event that unlocked the Xmen/FF/ Fox properties. The post credit scene could have just been some notable (Doom/ Wolverine/ whatever) making some comment ("what new world is this?") that the worlds were combined or something.

I think Avengers 4 will just be the end of the Avengers, myself. Yes, we'll get a new Avengers movie in a few years maybe, but it'll be a mostly different team with a new threat established by other movies between now and then.
    You do know that they plan these movies out for years right? Them getting X-men was never really on their radar and it is still not even a done deal. It will be around first or second Q next year and even then we will have to wait a few years till we get a X-men movie from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post

You do know that they plan these movies out for years right? Them getting X-men was never really on their radar and it is still not even a done deal. It will be around first or second Q next year and even then we will have to wait a few years till we get a X-men movie from Marvel.
    Right, that was my point. If Avengers4 was coming out later, they could have tweaked it to provide some integration of future movies incorporating Xmen. The deal is all but done, but it's not done, so including an after credit scene revealing that mutants are now real since Thanos' snap reshaped the universe is not going to work. I'm not saying they would have redone Avengers4 to make Galactus eat Thanos if it was a year later, but teasing stuff and dropping hints would have been a good thing.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

You do know that Avengers 4 didnt have an ending up until recently. And they did a lot of re-shoots, so who knows whats been added.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

If I can find the leaked trailer I will post it here
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Who ever said that Thanos would be the villain in avengers 4? Or lets say main villain? Ofc he will be in the next movie and have a big part of it, but that doesn't mean he's the main villain

- - - Updated - - -

I can't track it down, but Kevin Feige gave an interview and covered this topic when they made the Spider-Man agreement with Sony. He was asked how they were able to get Spider-Man included into Civil War on such short notice. Apparently Spider-Man was easy: they wrote him in in a way that they could remove him and not affect the story, if the deal were to fall through. But he also mentioned that Marvel has a lot of story lines written for the future direction of the MCU that cover a lot of different scenarios, including if they were to re-obtain characters that they currently don't control (i.e., X-Men). They apparently just aren't fully fleshed out (i.e., a script).

While you very well could be right in that we may not see the X-Men for a while, I'd all but guarantee you that they broke out some of the X-Men ideas the moment the purchase of Fox became a remote possibility. The purchase was originally agreed to in December of 2017, so I'm guessing they knew about this at least a year before that. They've got a much bigger headstart than some may think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well, with the Fox merger next year, they'll now have the entire X-Men universe, not to mention Fantastic 4 and the rest of Spider-man. When you think about it, that's insane, and easily a whole new decade's worth of stories.

Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, Fantastic 4 all done properly, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, the Phoenix Force, Sinister 6, Venom, etc. all within the Marvel universe to play along with Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Spider-man, etc. Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow will be easy enough to replace, I heard Hemsworth is staying, they have a huge wealth of stories to do.

Wolverine, Black Panther and Storm and their son, time traveling Cable, we haven't seen She-Hulk yet and I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing.
    I hope on a good Marvel X-men series myself. So much potential if (finally) done right!

They can fill another 8 years with that easily and by then they can recast the avengers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I hope on a good Marvel X-men series myself. So much potential if (finally) done right!

They can fill another 8 years with that easily and by then they can recast the avengers again.
    Bingo. Nearly a decade is enough time to get a new Tony Star and Steve Rogers without the "hey, what happened to Michael Keaton?" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm picturing an alternate ending to the first Captain America...

"The controls are damaged! You're going to have to steer the plane into the ice or a ton of people are going to die!"

Captain America: "Hail Hydra."
    *Jumps*
    Comic edit ftfy. God that was a stupid plot twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I can't track it down, but Kevin Feige gave an interview and covered this topic when they made the Spider-Man agreement with Sony. He was asked how they were able to get Spider-Man included into Civil War on such short notice. Apparently Spider-Man was easy: they wrote him in in a way that they could remove him and not affect the story, if the deal were to fall through. But he also mentioned that Marvel has a lot of story lines written for the future direction of the MCU that cover a lot of different scenarios, including if they were to re-obtain characters that they currently don't control (i.e., X-Men). They apparently just aren't fully fleshed out (i.e., a script).

While you very well could be right in that we may not see the X-Men for a while, I'd all but guarantee you that they broke out some of the X-Men ideas the moment the purchase of Fox became a remote possibility. The purchase was originally agreed to in December of 2017, so I'm guessing they knew about this at least a year before that. They've got a much bigger headstart than some may think.
    Well I only said X-men movie. I agree with you that they may very well be able to get a character or two to apear in an upcoming movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    You do know that Avengers 4 didnt have an ending up until recently. And they did a lot of re-shoots, so who knows whats been added.
    Oh they have now. Like 1 month ago I heard they were still choosing which ending to pick or if they would shoot a completely different one xD
    I hope they will release all endings later as a bonus on the DVD/BR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post

I wouldn't put money on that but I do agree that you make a second post credit scene where you can see a figure in the shadows aproaching a group of people beating someone in an alleway...the group yells at the figure :"Fuck off from here!!" ...the figure ( you can't really see him) extends an arm and then.......Snikt!!!!! and adamantium claw appears and fade to black and.....

....The whole fucking theatre falls down. There's riots and chaos and screams....

But anyway as I said...more our desires than a real chance.

Well I only said X-men movie. I agree with you that they may very well be able to get a character or two to apear in an upcoming movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh they have now. Like 1 month ago I heard they were still choosing which ending to pick or if they would shoot a completely different one xD
    I hope they will release all endings later as a bonus on the DVD/BR
    Imagine if every theater gets a alternative different ending at the mid credits
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Bingo. Nearly a decade is enough time to get a new Tony Star and Steve Rogers without the "hey, what happened to Michael Keaton?" issue.
    I hope we are decades away from rebooting the MCU. Nearly a decade from now would be a total waste and not interesting at all. Also, I don't see the appeal to tell more Iron Man stories rather than expand the existing universe with new characters. Iron Man was a B-list superhero in 2008, many people didn't know about him. Yet they attached him to a great actor and turned him into an A-list superhero. Marvel have so many characters they could do that with. Keep it moving forward, don't reboot. They even have other characters than Tony Stark who donned the Iron Man alias and suit that they could use if they really want an Iron Man, not that they need it.

Also, 8 years? The X-Men are realistically years away from being incorporated into the MCU. Unless you think they will merge the current X-Men movies' universe into the MCU. I don't see that happening. Rather I think the X-Men production unit will be allowed to continue making their separate universe of X-Men movies for years - making money for Disney but outside of the MCU - while knowing that it will all end at a time determined by Kevin Feige, at which point the X-Men will be rebooted and incorporated into the MCU with all new actors.

For now, though, the MCU has too much going on already. The plans for post-Phase 3 was hatched without any regard for weather the 21st Century Fox purchase would materialize or not. After 2019 we'll have a couple of years' worth of movies dealing mostly with the aftermath of Avengers 4. And I don't mean the aftermath in terms of the MCU timeline, but rather that many of the movies made will have a connection to the story of Avengers 3 and 4, like the Battle of New York had but even bigger. Josh Brolin's contract has him appearing in more movies after Avengers 4. So what will likely happen is that, I think, yes, he will die in Avengers 4, but Thanos will appear in The Eternals to anchor that movie into the MCU, as well as in a movie which features the destruction of Xandar featuring Thanos as well as introducing Nova as a new superhero into the MCU. Infinity War may be the beginning of the end of the first 3 Phases, but it is also the beginning of an era of Thanos. And last I heard Thanos was really well received by the audience. They didn't make him the lead character of Infinity War just to set up his death in the sequel, there was a larger plan than that.

Then there's Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain Mavel, more Guardians stuff, Nova, the Eternals and more. They'll likely reboot the Fantastic Four, maybe introduce Blade and reboot Daredevil. And those are just characters that I know of as a fan of the MCU rather than of Marvel Comics themselves. So of course there's even more stuff going on. I don't see them making room for the X-Men in any big way for nearly a decade, at which point enough time has passed to comfortably recast Wolverine. Before they can explode the MCU with X-Men they'll opt for producing movies in the current X-Men movie universe where they can have more creative freedom and do things they may not want to do once they bring them into the MCU, like R-rated movies.

Then there's Spider-Man. Seems likely that Sony may well terminate the agreement now with Venom being a success. But I believe Marvel owns the TV rights to Spider-Man, that is certainly the case for animation but I would think for live-action too, while Sony of course owns the film rights for animation and live-action. That means that even though the agreement ends Marvel Studios may well keep Tom Holland on and continue doing Spider-man without Sony but for the small screen, making Spider-Man their flagship series on the Disney+ streaming service.

So much going on!
    Last edited by Zarc; 2018-11-11 at 09:43 PM.

Why they are ending captain America character? There are also speculation that Iron Man will be gone soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sirud View Post
    Why they are ending captain America character? There are also speculation that Iron Man will be gone soon
    They’re ending Steve Rogers as Captain America, probably because Chris Evans is bored of doing the same character all the time. I imagine it gets old and he wants to try something new.

There’s a lot of speculation that either Bucky or Sam is going to take over as Captain America.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30