10+ Year Old Account

Gathering Professions are the Worst

I see now why herbs and ore are so expensive. I leveled up a Herbalist and miner to help with my other professions and EVERY damn herb or node I came upon I had to spend a few minutes killing mobs (2-3 minutes and a few times got overwhelmed and died). With the mobs being harder to kill this xpac it makes gathering a real choir especially when your surrounded by 5+ adds. FFS did blizzard mean for gathering to be this tedious. Any advice to help with this, I have a sky Golem witch does help but not with ore.

That is why you level a druid just for herbing and mining.

They can stay in flight form and pick herbs. Use mining enchant on gloves to get in and out quicker. Herbing practically aggros nothing while you're flying over the herb.

Edit: gotta do this before pathfinder II opens up flying

Are you a class that has a tank spec? If so swap to tank spec for herbalism. And get yourself a BFA herbalism enchant.
    Golem + Enchant should get you in and out before mobs even touch you. I can't say I've ever experienced any mob fighting when I'm herbing.

Can't speak for mining.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Are you a class that has a tank spec? If so swap to tank spec for herbalism. And get yourself a BFA herbalism enchant.
    Golem + Enchant should get you in and out before mobs even touch you. I can't say I've ever experienced any mob fighting when I'm herbing.

Can't speak for mining.
    I'm a mage, I thought being able to bounce around quickly would help but ...it really doesn't (just a little). Oh and I do use the enchants and I have a whole bank full of Darkmoon water. The water helps with both professions so I stock pilled it. Found some on the AH that was 99g a stack so I bought all they had.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with mining ore, you're better off farming more herbs instead. Use a tank spec and zandalari herbalism enchant ( or buy anti daze bs item if you don't have a tank)
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    That is why you level a druid just for herbing and mining.

They can stay in flight form and pick herbs. Use mining enchant on gloves to get in and out quicker. Herbing practically aggros nothing while you're flying over the herb.

Edit: gotta do this before pathfinder II opens up flying
    Believe it or not I have every class in the game except for rouge and Druid. I guess its time to change that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mage is great for herbing, if you find a bunch of nodes amongst large packs of enemies you can either (a) AoE them all down in about 5 seconds or (b) use your army of slows and freezes to keep everything at bay while you pick all the nodes, then Invis and move on.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Frost Mage is great for herbing, if you find a bunch of nodes amongst large packs of enemies you can either (a) AoE them all down in about 5 seconds or (b) use your army of slows and freezes to keep everything at bay while you pick all the nodes, then Invis and move on.
    yeah no reason a frost mage should have issue with a pack of mobs unless they're all casters/ranged then rooting/slowing does nothing you better run/blink/invis if you're not geared or release spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use druid, Enchant helps, but i found even if a mob is right by the node I'll root it and travel form away.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is Golem vs flight form?

I see no reason to have a gather druid anymore since sky golem and darkmoon water.
    Rogue and and DH are the superior gatheres, as both can CC mobs without getting in combat when they get near. DH has the advantage that he can spec tank, so no need for anti-daze gear, and rogue has vanish if there should add another mob. But those things only matter for ores, obviously, since for herbs you don't have to dismount.

Generally tanking specs are quite fine for gathering, not only can they not be dazed, but they simply take less damage (which is especially interesting in the first weeks of the addon). That being said, a DK and paladin also are nice for their 20% mounted speed buff in the first weeks of an xpac where you do not have pathfinder I yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I'm a mage, I thought being able to bounce around quickly would help but ...it really doesn't (just a little). Oh and I do use the enchants and I have a whole bank full of Darkmoon water. The water helps with both professions so I stock pilled it. Found some on the AH that was 99g a stack so I bought all they had.
    I don't think DM water stacks with the enchant, but even if it does, I'm not sure why you're having issues with mobs (outside of mining). Are you training the mobs away then backtracking to the herb or are you just running right for it?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    I see now why herbs and ore are so expensive. I leveled up a Herbalist and miner to help with my other professions and EVERY damn herb or node I came upon I had to spend a few minutes killing mobs (2-3 minutes and a few times got overwhelmed and died). With the mobs being harder to kill this xpac it makes gathering a real choir especially when your surrounded by 5+ adds. FFS did blizzard mean for gathering to be this tedious. Any advice to help with this, I have a sky Golem witch does help but not with ore.
    I'm sorry but sometimes things can't have the same impact on others. Either do them or not. Currently the gathering professions are even better than they used to due to the ranking. Can't stand having to fight for shit, well, then gathering isn't you. I'm sorry but there's always going to be something 'tedious' in an MMORPG.

As soon as Pathfinder Pt. 2 unlocks, gathering will suddenly be highly sought and almost ruin the market as seen before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    How is Golem vs flight form?
    Flightform puts golem to shame, imo.

Golem is still good but Flightform when flight unlocks is just too damn OP.