Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Lmao and the Sylvanas Hate Boner Brigade is out in full force 24/7, so...

And yes Baine is an irreparable twat. Blizzard wrote the poor guy into a corner. Can’t wait til dies.
    I don't hate Sylvanas, actually. I'd argue that most people don't actually hate her character. But when people get riled up in 'omg Sylvanas can do no wrong' debates people tend to get pushed over the edge.

Your saltiness is noted, however.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I don't hate Sylvanas, actually. I'd argue that most people don't actually hate her character. But when people get riled up in 'omg Sylvanas can do no wrong' debates people tend to get pushed over the edge.

I’m not salty. I’ve also never tried to claim Sylvanas was innocent. She’s a ruthless asshole and it’s awesome.

I’m not salty. I’ve also never tried to claim Sylvanas was innocent. She’s a ruthless asshole and it’s awesome.
    I dont hate her, I am just pointing out that ruthless assholes have a track record of dying off in blizzard stories.

Then at least you have a realistic perception of her character. I'll give you that much.

That said, I didn't imply you were being salty about Sylvanas, but rather about Baine. The odds of him being killed off are extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    I dont hate her, I am just pointing out that ruthless assholes have a track record of dying off in blizzard stories.
    I don’t expect her to stick around forever of course but I also don’t think SoO 2 is in the works. That would be the lamest shit ever. Even lamer than Kerrigan.

I don’t expect her to stick around forever of course but I also don’t think SoO 2 is in the works. That would be the lamest shit ever. Even lamer than Kerrigan.
    What if she just dies without a raid, boom, already not SoO

Then at least you have a realistic perception of her character. I'll give you that much.

That said, I didn't imply you were being salty about Sylvanas, but rather about Baine. The odds of him being killed off are extremely low.
    Ehhh I dunno. He’s extremely unpopular and if he was written to be anything else the writers failed miserably. If he isn’t killed off he’s gotta do something seriously badass to redeem himself.

Ehhh I dunno. He’s extremely unpopular and if he was written to be anything else the writers failed miserably. If he isn’t killed off he’s gotta do something seriously badass to redeem himself.
    He likely will be written into that. That's not to say it will succeed, but he'll undergo significant changes, then if Blizzard realizes they screwed up his character, they'll kill him off. Happens very frequently.

He likely will be written into that. That's not to say it will succeed, but he'll undergo significant changes, then if Blizzard realizes they screwed up his character, they'll kill him off. Happens very frequently.
    I loathe Baine more than any other character in the game except maybe Anduin and Aethas, but both you and @Gunner45 are wrong. Baine is not due to be fixed because as far as Blizzard are concerned, he is not a failure. They consider him to be an honorable and peaceful dude who does not like confrontation but will stick by the Horde and do right even if he has to cross faction boundaries to do it. He fulfills a similar role to Thrall and Jaina, and we can see Jaina reverting to her WC3 characterization however forced it may be and the elevation of Anduin and his method, the hilarious Purge Squad aside. Blizzard are on Baine's side. As far as they're concerned, he doesn't need fixing because he did nothing wrong. I'm betting the same will happen with Saurfang. As far as Blizz are concerned, him being a plant is a selling point, not a dealbreaker. They're extremely out of touch.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Saurfang will die, and that will wake up the rest of the horde. Baine will finally do something and sylvanas will have to run away. Dont be silly Sylvanas can't win, she can't kill "The heart" of the horde at least without it backfiring on her. And the fact that everyone is denial just like the tree, kind of makes it into a twist.
    Hardly, on either count as it stands:

1) Literally nobody but Zappyboi gives a shit about Saurfang, his whereabouts, or his self-imposed exile. Rather, the only people you do know are talking about him are those questioning his loyalties, so it's not like people are secretly lying in wait and hoping for him to come back. For all his apparent status as a "hero" he does not have any support or people in the Horde concerned for his cause except one meme Troll Grunt. The fact that nobody followed him out of the Horde or tried to break him out apart from one lone troll speaks volumes for how little support he has now, nevermind his reputation.

2) Baine will almost certainly not do a thing, because as we have seen time and time agian he is all mouth and no trousers, completely without a spine, and is more invested in the Alliance's interests over the Horde's. Furthermore, to suddenly show him doing anything would be so ridiculously out of character even by Blizzard's standards.

Besides all of this, either Baine or Saurfang would have to build a dramatically overwhelming majority of support from the other leaders against Sylvanas. Being as they have all been wholly in support of a genocide at Teldrassil, raising of the dead, and everything else Sylvanas has decided thus far, there's not exactly anything more extreme should could do that would suddenly change their minds. If they're following and supporting her in these things then they will support her in anything. In other words, it means Saurfang and Baine have literally no chance of inciting this fantasy rebellion you talk of when they have literally no support.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Hardly, on either count as it stands:

1) Literally nobody but Zappyboi gives a shit about Saurfang, his whereabouts, or his self-imposed exile. Rather, the only people you do know are talking about him are those questioning his loyalties, so it's not like people are secretly lying in wait and hoping for him to come back. For all his apparent status as a "hero" he does not have any support or people in the Horde concerned for his cause except one meme Troll Grunt. The fact that nobody followed him out of the Horde or tried to break him out apart from one lone troll speaks volumes for how little support he has now, nevermind his reputation.

2) Baine will almost certainly not do a thing, because as we have seen time and time agian he is all mouth and no trousers, completely without a spine, and is more invested in the Alliance's interests over the Horde's. Furthermore, to suddenly show him doing anything would be so ridiculously out of character even by Blizzard's standards.

Besides all of this, either Baine or Saurfang would have to build a dramatically overwhelming majority of support from the other leaders against Sylvanas. Being as they have all been wholly in support of a genocide at Teldrassil, raising of the dead, and everything else Sylvanas has decided thus far, there's not exactly anything more extreme should could do that would suddenly change their minds. If they're following and supporting her in these things then they will support her in anything. In other words, it means Saurfang and Baine have literally no chance of inciting this fantasy rebellion you talk of when they have literally no support.
    Your whole argument its base on feelings and popularity not the actual story beats, if blizzard cared about which character people liked Garrosh wouldnt have died, Garrosh was really popular in china, which holds a big part of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I loathe Baine more than any other character in the game except maybe Anduin and Aethas, but both you and @Gunner45 are wrong. Baine is not due to be fixed because as far as Blizzard are concerned, he is not a failure. They consider him to be an honorable and peaceful dude who does not like confrontation but will stick by the Horde and do right even if he has to cross faction boundaries to do it. He fulfills a similar role to Thrall and Jaina, and we can see Jaina reverting to her WC3 characterization however forced it may be and the elevation of Anduin and his method, the hilarious Purge Squad aside. Blizzard are on Baine's side. As far as they're concerned, he doesn't need fixing because he did nothing wrong. I'm betting the same will happen with Saurfang. As far as Blizz are concerned, him being a plant is a selling point, not a dealbreaker. They're extremely out of touch.
    We'll see, but Saurfang is already changing significantly. I guess it's a vague term; Saurfang moved against Sylvanas and is acting covertly. That's out of character for him in many ways. I mean that Baine will take a more active role and stop acting passive aggressive about things. Which is a good thing. But at the same time, Blizzard could take it too far and screw up his character. It just depends...

Can you honestly blame people for getting annoyed at all the Alliance fanboys dictating another SoO just cause? You don't even have to be a Sylvanas fanboy to be annoyed by the Alliance whinos demanding the story goes AS THEY SEE FIT, no matter how it ends up for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Can you honestly blame people for getting annoyed at all the Alliance fanboys dictating another SoO just cause? You don't even have to be a Sylvanas fanboy to be annoyed by the Alliance whinos demanding the story goes AS THEY SEE FIT, no matter how it ends up for the Horde.
    I don't think we'll have another SoO, but the evidence is suggesting it's a real possibility. From the moment Saurfang started acting out against Sylvanas, people began suspecting. And to be honest, it's more the Sylvanas fans that are expecting and upset by it than Alliance. No one is hoping this will happen.

I don't think we'll have another SoO, but the evidence is suggesting it's a real possibility. From the moment Saurfang started acting out against Sylvanas, people began suspecting. And to be honest, it's more the Sylvanas fans that are expecting and upset by it than Alliance. No one is hoping this will happen.
    Are you sure about that? Considering people (mostly alliance fanboys) are talking who's gonna get the death blow on Sylvanas? Not to mention a trail of tears going all the way back to Cataclysm about Blizzard needing to kill Sylvanas.

It's really easy to dump it all on the Sylvanas fans, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Are you sure about that? Considering people (mostly alliance fanboys) are talking who's gonna get the death blow on Sylvanas? Not to mention a trail of tears going all the way back to Cataclysm about Blizzard needing to kill Sylvanas.

It's really easy to dump it all on the Sylvanas fans, isn't it?
    I'm not 'dumping' it on the Sylvanas fans. Again, no one wants this. Some people my be so crazy that they'd rather see the story ruined because they think it's the only way Sylvanas can get offed (it's not, by a long shot), but no sane person thinks this would be good for the story.

Like I said, it's a fear, not a hope. So people it would impact the worst, fear it the most. It's logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It would be for sure, since Blizzard's pretentious words about "this expansion will build your faction pride up" will once again feel like being robbed by a bunch of dishonest shitheads.
    I'm pretty sure nobody had their faction pride built up. Alliance got punched in the dick and their subsequent "victories" were made to look like defeats, and now the Purge Squads out of nowhere just confuse everyone involved.

Horde honorbros had to help Warchief Lich Queen and their representatives are passive bums at best, Alliance collaborators at worst.

Horde murderbros maybe had some in being the lolevil faction for a patch or two, but that Horde is now getting the shit kicked out of it and Blizzard couldn't setup a bigger "Sylvanas is illegitimate and you will overthrow her!" plot if their lives depended on it. They already had to massacre a bunch of loyal Forsaken because, I dunno, Zappyboy made puppy dog eyes at them or something.

How anybody can come out of all this satisfied I have no idea.

I'm not 'dumping' it on the Sylvanas fans. Again, no one wants this. Some people my be so crazy that they'd rather see the story ruined because they think it's the only way Sylvanas can get offed (it's not, by a long shot), but no sane person thinks this would be good for the story.

Like I said, it's a fear, not a hope. So people it would impact the worst, fear it the most. It's logical.
    You can't tell me that no one wants this when there are obviously some who REALLY want this. Not just here, but on the US and EU forums too. At least if something happens it's gonna be amusing cause the Sylvanas fans never really had any need to worry about Sylvanas until now. I'm curious how the reaction from the Sylvanas fans would be. The Anti-Sylvanas bunch... not that impressive and quite boring after several years. I have to be hones, I'm curious what a Sylvanas fanboy reaction would look like, keeping in mind that Sylvanas is one of the most popular characters in WoW. if not the most popular.

Well there is more Horde vs Alliance bickering than ever before so in a sense they were right, but I doubt it worked out the way the planned

We'll see, but Saurfang is already changing significantly. I guess it's a vague term; Saurfang moved against Sylvanas and is acting covertly. That's out of character for him in many ways. I mean that Baine will take a more active role and stop acting passive aggressive about things. Which is a good thing. But at the same time, Blizzard could take it too far and screw up his character. It just depends...
    His character is already screwed. No one will seriously rally behind Baine in terms of the fanbase. Sylvanas is a controversial character, but Baine is a hated one and his only fans are Alliance players for whom he's a proxy to whine about Garrosh/Sylvanas/Those mean Horde. They will have him stand up to her at some stage, I agree, but it'll be laughable.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.