Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kind of surprised with the replies in this thread, you will have no problem finding a tank servers will be packed to the gills with players for a good 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

The only viable tank is a warrior; anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
    Since warriors were also really strong DPS during the patch which WoW Classic will be themed around, expect to find the number of Warriors willing to tank roughly proportionate to the number there are today.

It will be like the number of tanks today, if you exclude Death Knights, Monks, Demon Hunters, Paladins and Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    the answer is no.

there will be alot of people trying to level warriors but will fail when they see how difficult it is.

and of the low % who reach 60 , there will be alot of them playing fury who refuse to tank.

there will be plenty of spots to tank in as well as some fights needed up to 8 tanks.
    That will be me for the most part unless I have to for raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    The dream of using an ability that didn't exist for another 3 expansions?
    MD did exist in tbc, not vanilla however.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    With how people act on retail servers with how tanks works and how tanks worked back in Vanilla days no chance at all.
    Pretty much, those who are late to the party so to speak, and never played during vanilla will get a nasty shock when they try it.. And very true the abuse that those who tank in retail now and gave it away, will not want to tank in vanilla/classic..

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You a betting man?
    No point, because we know it's a bet you're gonna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    No point, because we know it's a bet you're gonna lose.
    Classic is easily EASILY going to surpass retail on launch, this isnt even a point of debate lol. How long that lasts is anyones guess, in my eyes the sky is the limit based purely on how good the gameplay mechanics were in vanilla and how addictive the game was.

Classic is easily EASILY going to surpass retail on launch, this isnt even a point of debate lol. How long that lasts is anyones guess, in my eyes the sky is the limit based purely on how good the gameplay mechanics were in vanilla and how addictive the game was.
    Pffft hahahahahahah! Thanks! I needed a good laugh after reading the bolded part.

I won't deny there will be a huge influx of players on day one. Mostly from curious Retail players wanting to see what the fuss is about. But I can guarantee they won't even make it to level 10 before they quit out of boredom or frustration because of how slow, broken and shit the game was back in its inception. Only the most hardcore of Classic fanboys and no life neckbeards will remain.

Of course not. Tank problem existed always, and will exist forever. Both raids and dungeons.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Pffft hahahahahahah! Thanks! I needed a good laugh after reading the bolded part.

I won't deny there will be a huge influx of players on day one. Mostly from curious Retail players wanting to see what the fuss is about. But I can guarantee they won't even make it to level 10 before they quit out of boredom or frustration because of how slow, broken and shit the game was back in its inception. Only the most hardcore of Classic fanboys and no life neckbeards will remain.
    So you dont like rpg's? You cannot tell me you think current wow is better at that than vanilla was, cmon bruh.

The vanilla haters are so odd to me, do you forget that this game took off like a rocketship and quadrupled the loftiest expectations blizzard had for it at launch? Its still the same game, i dont see any reason it wont excel 15 years later.

But i guess we will see, im willing to take any bets that classic surpasses the viewer count on twitch that bfa had, which peaked at 600k. Obviously this does not tell us if classic has more players than retail, but its the only real metric we can go by on a large scale since blizzard does not release those numbers.

Bwahahahahahahahaha

An abundance of tanks, in vanilla. Hahahahahaha

So you dont like rpg's? You cannot tell me you think current wow is better at that than vanilla was, cmon bruh.

The vanilla haters are so odd to me, do you forget that this game took off like a rocketship and quadrupled the loftiest expectations blizzard had for it at launch? Its still the same game, i dont see any reason it wont excel 15 years later.

But i guess we will see, im willing to take any bets that classic surpasses the viewer count on twitch that bfa had, which peaked at 600k. Obviously this does not tell us if classic has more players than retail, but its the only real metric we can go by on a large scale since blizzard does not release those numbers.
    I am sorry but this is delusional, there is no way in hell 600k people are going to be watching dudes play Classic... I mean come on.

We can talk about how popular it might be but why be ludicrous about it?

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    I am sorry but this is delusional, there is no way in hell 600k people are going to be watching dudes play Classic... I mean come on.

We can talk about how popular it might be but why be ludicrous about it?
    Again lol, you a betting man?

I am 100% sure this will happen, the hype for classic is already starting and we dont even have a release date yet, people are already saving up vacation time.

This is such a "head up your ass" way of thinking that I almost can't believe you're being serious...

Do you really think everything that was popular in the early 2000's is still popular now? I'm not a vanilla hater because I did enjoy the game at the time, but the idea that it could even come close to the popularity it had back then is frankly hilarious. There have been almost 15 years of gaming improvements and releases since vanilla WoW. Classic has some novelty value for the few people who would like to revisit it or began playing WoW in later expansions and are interested in seeing how it all started, but it's not going to attract a new crowd of players to the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    This is such a "head up your ass" way of thinking that I almost can't believe you're being serious...

Do you really think everything that was popular in the early 2000's is still popular now? I'm not a vanilla hater because I did enjoy the game at the time, but the idea that it could even come close to the popularity it had back then is frankly hilarious. There have been almost 15 years of gaming improvements and releases since vanilla WoW. Classic has some novelty value for the few people who would like to revisit it or began playing WoW in later expansions and are interested in seeing how it all started, but it's not going to attract a new crowd of players to the franchise.
    It is like saying they could release EQ1 15 years after it shipped the first time and it would be more popular the second time around. Again, I get being excited for it but... sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

Right cause games only get better over time eh?

Kind of a weird mindset ive notice with millenials, or younger people in general. "I can do better than that, you just watch me!"

What do you think will be the hardest to find; tank or healer?

My experience were that it was WAAY harder to find tanks but interested in hearing other peoples experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    What do you think will be the hardest to find; tank or healer?

My experience were that it was WAAY harder to find tanks but interested in hearing other peoples experiences.
    But yes back to the discussion, tanks are always the lowest played of the trinity in any mmo ive played, but that does not mean its going to be hard to find one on classic.

I'm worried about this aswell.
    Most people that have played vanilla, or in servers vanilla like, they will know that picking a warrior as a first character is literally suicide,
    Therebefore, there will be a low ammount of warriors ready to tank in lvl 60.
    Classes like paladin and druids will dominate dungeon tanking, until the warriors are ready in lvl 60 to tank raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there will be plenty of tanks, most of them absolutely terrible. Everyone knows by now that good and dedicated tanks were a luxury commodity in Vanilla. Many will be looking for that free meal ticket into dungeons and raids, but I'm absolutely certain we'll have the Death Knight experience all over again. Melee range-only taunt? No Charge during combat? Stance dancing for Thunderclap and Berserker Rage? Yeeeeah, it'll be bad.