Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Lol, wall jumping is an big deal in vanilla and so much fun. Removing it is a huge fking problem
    no, its just an exploit.
    nothing more, nothing less.

they arent "removing it" they are fixing a bug.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Again back then a lot fo it was simply people doing things they shouldnt have been doing, as for logger in addons, if its a executable in an addon you would be a moron to run it blindly or at all since addons dont need or use executables, the rest is just people blindly clicking links before making sure it was safe.

I played back then and to this day have never had these keyloggers so many people got, why, because im careful with things that matter to me, like my account, passwords, email account and such.

People wanted the classic experience and here we are getting a curated version of it with only the parts Blizzard wants you to experience. I would prefer people got to experience it all over again just how it was so they could see how awful it was dealing with all the bad shit just to play the good shit.

But w/e enjoy your curated Blizzard version of classic, just remember its not classic and never actually will be.
    So you actually want the old launcher? Was the highlight of vanilla for you typing in your password multiple times a day? I don't really care about that, I'll play the game just to remember what it was like, which I'm sure won't be different in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by BrillGates View Post
    People are literally whining about not being able to Wall Jump?
    Here they re-create a game that's been gone for what, 12 years and you cry about them optimising it a little to fit in to this era of time?

People nowadays, you're all these people in Mythic + or PuG raids who leave after one wipe because it didn't go 120% as you wished for.
    Worst part? It's that the majority of you guys are quite old, yet you sit here and while like small teenagers, god damnit.
    I cant stand M+ or Raids these days, neither is worth my time or effort to put up with a bunch of randos who cant even handle facerolling on a keyboard.

its why I dont do either lol, you guys can keep them.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2018-10-22 at 05:21 PM.

Like most people who were actually there, I am very disappointed to hear about the removal of walljumping. It was an integral part of the Vanilla experience that made exploring very fun.

Also can't help but notice that the two starting zones they chose were Westfall (the size of your living room) and Barrens (the size of Africa). Looks like one side is getting considerably more demo content than the other... how coincidental that the side benefiting happens to be Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Transmog would be worthless in "World of Clown Armor."
    The set designs didn't start looking good until Burning Crusade.

One can hope. Anything to spite these obnoxiously loud and elitist classic fucktards.
    So you hate people wanting classis sooo much that you are down to make up your own facts as you go? People are running around in T3 these days and they are noticable, you may not even know it's T3 but you see it and you wonder what that is. Judgment set was also classic - one of the most iconic sets. Weapons like Ashkandi are some of the most sought after and were even redone for later expansions to make it more up to speed.

Try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    So you actually want the old launcher? Was the highlight of vanilla for you typing in your password multiple times a day? I don't really care about that, I'll play the game just to remember what it was like, which I'm sure won't be different in any meaningful way.
    way to take what I said out of context to fit your own narrative.

/clap
    /clap

I cant stand M+ or Raids these days, neither is worth my time or effort to put up with a bunch of randos who cant even handle facerolling on a keyboard.
    Okay?

/chars

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Like most people who were actually there, I am very disappointed to hear about the removal of walljumping. It was an integral part of the Vanilla experience that made exploring very fun.

Also can't help but notice that the two starting zones they chose were Westfall (the size of your living room) and Barrens (the size of Africa). Looks like one side is getting considerably more demo content than the other... how coincidental that the side benefiting happens to be Horde.
    Well the only Zone in EK as big as The Barrens in Vanilla was STV and no thank you to that at level 15.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2018-10-22 at 05:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no, its just an exploit.
    nothing more, nothing less.

they arent "removing it" they are fixing a bug.
    They aren't even fixing a bug. They updated their engine to disable wall juming long ago, so they'd likely have to code the wall jumping back in, but because it was a bug and not a feature, that'd be incredibly hard to do as it wasn't intentional in the first place and was likely a weird collision interaction in the engine.

I just wanted to make that distinction, because saying they fixed it makes it sound like it was intentional. They didn't intentionally fix this bug, it was fixed in the engine long ago.

Intentionally unfix it then. They have the resources, they're not some small fly by night developer. If you're gonna cannibalize your current expansion to make WoW Classic, at least do it properly.

Deleted

Walljumping was fun, but it was minor part of experience. Best part was being able to play a scrub that NPCs sent to do minor errands, world being dangerous and players helping each other all the time. Walljumping was often used to annoy other players, like holding flag in WSG preventing anyone from capping, so I'm not disappointed that it will be gone.

As for zones, another good thing about vanilla was that factions weren't balanced in every way. In modern WoW when factions get different zones they are mirrors of each other. Both Barrens and Westfall are iconic Classic zones. As alliance player I don't see horde favouritism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Walljumping and out-of-bounds exploration was always an exploit that Blizzard consistently actioned and tried to fix, even changing the rules for collision detection, up until they just started adding invisible walls everywhere in BC.

Did not buy ticket but it looks very promising!
    Hopefully within maximum 1 year we will have fun with real Classic.

Well the only Zone in EK as big as The Barrens in Vanilla was STV and no thank you to that at level 15.
    It would've been better to just start the experience at level 1 with Elwynn Forest (which naturally dovetails into Westfall) and Durotar. I get their reasoning for wanting to give people a peek of more systems, but I don't think it's the right call. A lot of people playing WoW Classic will have never played vanilla WoW, and I would argue that how you experience the game at level 1 is an integral part of Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Lol, wall jumping is an big deal in vanilla and so much fun. Removing it is a huge fking problem
    Maybe they should patch the bug back into the game. Then wait on the other side of many of the popular spots for you to jump into and ban you when you arrive.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    way to take what I said out of context to fit your own narrative.

/clap
    /clap
    But you're the one complaining about a "curated version" of vanilla, when its just QoL?? You're probably one of those people who want to play it on an old pentium 4 on windows XP too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would've been better to just start the experience at level 1 with Elwynn Forest (which naturally dovetails into Westfall) and Durotar. I get their reasoning for wanting to give people a peek of more systems, but I don't think it's the right call. A lot of people playing WoW Classic will have never played vanilla WoW, and I would argue that how you experience the game at level 1 is an integral part of Vanilla.
    It's the demo. The actual release won't start players at level 15. The point is to get players into the game and experience the zone/feel. Not focus on bonking peons and looting apples for the majority of the demo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    But there aren't many places to go in those zones. With many players competing over every wolf/boar it would be annoying. Higher level zones provide more choices, giving players chance to actually play rather than wait in queue. We'll get to experience low level zones queue when Classic goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question please??? Do I have to make a New classic account or can I just make a New level 1 character and play clas.sic on my current account. Also If I do some of those achievements, quests (stuffs you can't get on current) will it carry over to my current. Needs to know this stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Tinfoil Hat:

They have only developed this demo so far and it is all they ever plan on developing. They will claim this demo got horrible reviews and participation and that there isn't enough interest to continue developing classic wow. It will then get shuttered.

I actually think one of the reasons why Classic is coming now and BFA is seeing a lot of backlash due to some bad choices on Blizz's part is because they are trying to reduce participation in Retail to replace it with a Diablo MMO that will get announced next Blizzcon instead of the usual WoW Expansion.
    Project Titan was supposed to replace WoW, which was initially meant for 2016, it died and became OW. Legion seemed like a proper send off to WoW, but they had to scramble and make another expansion, hence BFA which (while I don't think it's bad) the story feels disjointed.