Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Reviews are opinions nothing more.

You can say something nice about the most shitty games that isn't really hard to do. Many gave BOTW a 10/10 I personally felt it was a 6 (with DLC a 7 barely) and the worse Zelda title ever made.

There is a difference in trusting a review and them just having a different opinion then you. The guy who reviews CoD mite feel Black Ops 4 is a 8 even if you feel its a 2.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with a review ether as long as you don't imply the review was bought (not saying u did). The moment you cross that line your opinion is worse then the review you are bashing.
    That's why people need to find a reviewer who has similar tastes to you and actually read the review, not just look at the final score! So many people just look at the score without reading to find out why said reviewer gave the score he/she did.

I will most likely do the same thing with RDR2 as I did with God of War and Spider-man, just wait a day or two to read the reviews from people I trust and get the general overall reaction to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That's why people need to find a reviewer who has similar tastes to you and actually read the review, not just look at the final score! So many people just look at the score without reading to find out why said reviewer gave the score he/she did.

I will most likely do the same thing with RDR2 as I did with God of War and Spider-man, just wait a day or two to read the reviews from people I trust and get the general overall reaction to the game.
    I fully agree.

If a person doesn't like (IGN for example) then why keep watching there reviews. People also need to realize at big groups like IGN,Gamespot and so on that there is more then one reviewer and not look at them as a collective.

Even Angryjoe has a few people in his group who does reviews and there opinion may not reflect his.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Some spoilers have been posted on Reddit, 20 sec gameplay here: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...reddit-android
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they fix the controls. The controls in Rockstar games have really sucked for like 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I really hope they fix the controls. The controls in Rockstar games have really sucked for like 20 years.

Hold my beer. This game was literally one of the best/smoothest controlling games of the gen, with the flat out best shooting of the gen on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Hold my beer. This game was literally one of the best/smoothest controlling games of the gen, with the flat out best shooting of the gen on top of it.
    Such a good game, I wish we would get a Max Payne 4.

Funny enough I got the CE of it for 360 for $20 and kinda wish I got it sooner because it was so good (IMO).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gona pick it up Friday right after my test is done on the morning then Gona play it non stop till I have to go to work at 5 am at the bakery

I dont recall GTA games having shit controls.

And red dead certainly didnt unless you count using the knife as controls which was a rather funny animation in hindsight.

But i've never played a rockstar game and thought "these controls suck" I dunno where you get that from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

And red dead certainly didnt unless you count using the knife as controls which was a rather funny animation in hindsight.

But i've never played a rockstar game and thought "these controls suck" I dunno where you get that from.
    Bad input lag has been in all Rockstar games since the series went from overhead 2D to 3D. Not sure how you don't notice it. /shrug

I dont have any Rockstar games on the PC, so It might not be an issue there, but on console, Rockstar is notorious for laggy control input. Just thinking about the mission in GTA V where you have to drive and shoot during the boat heist makes me cringe.

Its never stopped me from buying the games, but its still there and annoying AF.

Bad input lag has been in all Rockstar games since the series went from overhead 2D to 3D. Not sure how you don't notice it. /shrug

I dont have any Rockstar games on the PC, so It might not be an issue there, but on console, Rockstar is notorious for laggy control input. Just thinking about the mission in GTA V where you have to drive and shoot during the boat heist makes me cringe.

Its never stopped me from buying the games, but its still there and annoying AF.
    input lag! It cant be that noticable, that would drive me nuts and honestly ive never noticed that with GTA games. Its been awhile since I played em tbf but bad controls drives me nuts and ive completed those games

GTA V had horrible clunky controls.

This is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about input lag in GTA even more so GTAV. I personally didn't notice any at all and it played just fine for me.

(Played it on PS3,PS4,360 and PC).

As for the controls being clunky ya a bit but in a way that's part of the fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is the first time I have ever seen someone complain about input lag in GTA even more so GTAV. I personally didn't notice any at all and it played just fine for me.

(Played it on PS3,PS4,360 and PC).

As for the controls being clunky ya a bit but in a way that's part of the fun lol.
    Yeah, they seem to be clunky by design. Wouldn't call that fun most of the time though. Just look at how they handled first person (that's part of the controls). It was like shooting yourself in the foot.

In GTAIV/V and RDR1 the characters/movement have a lot of weight to them. I think that is what the guy is saying he doesn't like but is doing a horrible job of describing it because there are no issues with input lag or any of that.

It seems to be an intentional game design though, so wouldn't expect it to go away. If it wasn't intentional then they would copy the smooth and feather like movement of MP3, but they clearly don't want that kind of arcadey style movement in their open world games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-10-22 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In GTAIV/V and RDR1 the characters/movement have a lot of weight to them. I think that is what the guy is saying he doesn't like but is doing a horrible job of describing it because there are no issues with input lag or any of that.

It seems to be an intentional game design though, so wouldn't expect it to go away. If it wasn't intentional then they would copy the smooth and feather like movement of MP3, but they clearly don't want that kind of arcadey style movement in their open world games.
    RDR1 was actually a lot smoother than GTAV in terms of controls but I still remember walking into things I didn't want to walk into etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    RDR1 was actually a lot smoother than GTAV in terms of controls but I still remember walking into things I didn't want to walk into etc.
    I've personally never had that issue in any Rockstar game, IMO it may be a you issue. Also I highly disagree with RDR1 being a lot smoother then GTAV.

To me GTAV at most feels slightly lighter then RDR1.

But that's just me.

if people are expecting spider-man like controls where you feel like a superhero then you're gonna have a bad time.

This game is all about realism where movement has weight behind it, aka physics. In fact I bet a lot of people are gonna get shitty that weapons degrade and you need to clean them

and you need to pat your horse a lot to grow the bond so it performs better and shave if you wanna look a certain way. Its about immersion and the experience, which makes me hyped. But some modern games are gonna complain I bet.

Dead eye being a slight departure from the realism aspect of course because it is a video game where you can get away with some fun stuff too
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-10-22 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Some spoilers have been posted on Reddit, 20 sec gameplay here: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...reddit-android
    Oh no. What the fuck is that massive camera wobble/head bob when he has his guns out, it's like Evil Within. Please don't tell me they put fucking head bob in third person. I need to see more gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Oh no. What the fuck is that massive camera wobble/head bob when he has his guns out, it's like Evil Within. Please don't tell me they put fucking head bob in third person. I need to see more gameplay.
    lol you're an idiot. He ducks a bullet once and you're going on about a head wobble. I guess he should have taken the bullet to the face instead.

plus we've already seen that feature in the launch trailer with Arthur ducking fire on a horse

lol you're an idiot. He ducks a bullet once and you're going on about a head wobble. I guess he should have taken the bullet to the face instead.

plus we've already seen that feature in the launch trailer with Arthur ducking fire on a horse
    Watch the relevant part so you know what I'm actually talking about - 12 seconds in.

Edit: I don't think you know what head bob is. It's when the game tries to simulate realistic character movement by making the camera bob up and down when it walks, but this can cause motion sickness because our brains actually compensate for this movement in real life.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2018-10-22 at 10:14 PM.