Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Modders will do this very easily. The question is: will Blizzard ban for it?

It'll be interesting to see.
    Well it's client modification so I doubt they will be lenient on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but: what would it matter if people could use new models as long as you can disable them. There is already a classic-setting in the graphics, so what would it matter if people can personally enable them? The same as the a win in bullshit-bingo: "Somebody complain about colorblind-mode" is always a guaranteed hit. Sorry, but that's simply stupid, complaining about features that doesn't impact gameplay at all, especially your personal.

Because even if people play with the new models for example: as long as you disable them, it doesn't affect you at all. So it's purely complaining because of complaining, the same as colorblind-mode.

And you can be sure they don't use the old client. It's so buggy, INSECURE and NO 64 bit-client or DirectX 11. (wasn't classic even directx 8)
    ???? Why are you telling me this? I want a new models toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And that sucks... BTW, love your avatar ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean they were generally pretty lenient on it in the past unless it was impactful in a PvP environment (like turning enemy flags into glowing beacons or w/e).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I can't support the virtual ticket, it's got one of the most excessive price tags ever for what you get.

If it doesn't bother you, then have fun.

I mean they were generally pretty lenient on it in the past unless it was impactful in a PvP environment (like turning enemy flags into glowing beacons or w/e).
    Yes, we all remember the AQ floor leniency.

Quote Originally Posted by ashpwnz555 View Post
    but for God's sake, add new models and animations at least.
    if you want to play with shitty new character models and animations, why not play bfa?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes, we all remember the AQ floor leniency.
    Don't know what this is a reference to.

Still think this is pointless and dumb. People will go play this and realize it's not worth it. Now, if they do it like re-releasing the xpacs, I will definitely play this trash.

Doubtful though, since dumb people blinded by nostalgia just want Classic.

A guild was caught removing the floor somewhere to skip straight to C'thun. Or something to that effect.

People modified their clients to make some texture files disappear, so they could drop straight from after.. the first boss? to C'thun. Entire guilds got banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically it is not which is why they are usually ok with it. A model swap on retail is done through a runtime memory modification. As long as the client for classic is the same you should be able to get the new models in the same way. It may get trickier if the client for classic is different and doesn't allocate the same model files.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    People modified their clients to make some texture files disappear, so they could drop straight from after.. the first boss? to C'thun. Entire guilds got banned.
    Ah, okay. Yeah, if a modification has gameplay effects, you'll probably get banned. Otherwise, generally safe-ish in the past. The '-ish' part is why I've never bothered with it myself (I care about my account slightly too much to risk stuff), but there are entire communities of people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I honestly hope that when Classic is available/released, that those types of players are the vast vast vast minority.

Some folks are even upset about being kicked out of the demo, "Why they kicking us out!!? I paid for this!" umm hello did everyone forget about limited server capacity? How else are others going to get a chance to play?
    These cancerous people are my biggest worry about Classic. Having played on p-servers and discussing things on the Classic Reddit really was a bumer to my anticipation. I truly don't want to play classic with anyone from this shitty p-server community. Easily one of the most toxic ones out there. (Even considering FPS/MOBA Communities)

Quote Originally Posted by Iversithyy View Post
    These cancerous people are my biggest worry about Classic. Having played on p-servers and discussing things on the Classic Reddit really was a bumer to my anticipation. I truly don't want to play classic with anyone from this shitty p-server community. Easily one of the most toxic ones out there. (Even considering FPS/MOBA Communities)
    well news, pretty much the whole classic community is made up from private server people. i blame them for all the toxicity in the community as of late

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Still think this is pointless and dumb. People will go play this and realize it's not worth it. Now, if they do it like re-releasing the xpacs, I will definitely play this trash.

Doubtful though, since dumb people blinded by nostalgia just want Classic.
    Not at all, the private servers had hundreds of thousands of players. Classic is just a different game and people want to play that game. There will be a few that are disappointed / blinded by nostalgia, but I'd say thats a small minority.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

hopefully blizzcon comes, they talk about classic, everyone plays the demo and the new CEO then comes outs and says "see you thought you did, but now you dont" and cancels the whole project lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Not at all, the private servers had hundreds of thousands of players. Classic is just a different game and people want to play that game. There will be a few that are disappointed / blinded by nostalgia, but I'd say thats a small minority.
    private servers had all those people because it was free, dont expect the same in classic. and i would bet the majority only want it for nostalgia because they dont remember all the bad in classic

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if you want to play with shitty new character models and animations, why not play bfa?
    Because wanting to play with new character models doesn't imply wanting to do World Quests in Kul'Tiras instead of wanting to do the classic Legend of Stalvan questline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgi7 View Post
    There is only 1 cinematic, the Vanilla one. And there should be only 1.
    It uses the current games engine, so most likely they have yet to change that. Think of it as this, they are porting vanilla, to the new engine. So that cinematics button is most likely something leftover and will simply have the s removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    hopefully blizzcon comes, they talk about classic, everyone plays the demo and the new CEO then comes outs and says "see you thought you did, but now you dont" and cancels the whole project lol

- - - Updated - - -

private servers had all those people because it was free, dont expect the same in classic. and i would bet the majority only want it for nostalgia because they dont remember all the bad in classic
    Source? /10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I play private servers, and I'm not subbed to retail currently. The moment classic drops, I'm dropping 15/month again if needed. And plenty of others are with me, mostly because private servers (and all your stuff) can always go away, at any moment, be it due to Blizzard or the servers own staff. Official Blizzard servers will be around for a long time. EQ1 is still going and getting expansions, WoW can last a long, long time. And seriously, 15/month is not an amount anyone with a PC and internet should be worrying about. I might even go 6 month just to make it cheaper.

People love to play old games. There are Tetris tournaments where people from all over the world gather to compete. Why is it so hard for you people to believe that people genuinely want to play Vanilla?