Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why Not Just Bring Back Emblems?

As the title goes, it's a pretty straight forward idea. I'm 100% opposed to the Kadala style system currently being implemented because:

A. It's random, and that's a dumb thing to spend currency you have to grind for, and

B. They already had a decent system in previous expansions that worked well that wasn't random.

I didn't follow the forums back during TBC/Wrath/Cata as much as I do now, so maybe I missed a big portion of people who were opposed to the way that emblems worked back in the day? I never seemed to mind them. The new system seems so detrimental to the idea of actually working toward something guaranteed. If it's always going to be random, you could spend days/weeks/months grinding for loot and never get something better.

I feel like if they just brought back vendors with specific pieces of loot on them for emblems it would be a step in the right direction. Hell, even Cata's Justice/Valor Points seem to make more sense than this iteration of currency grinding... and THAT is saying something.

I will quote my post in the official forums, what I would like to change in wow:

-Introduce Justice and Valor Points.
    -With Justice points you buy Normal Raide gear ilvl
    -With valor you buy Heroic Raid gear ilvl
    -Justice points have no cap and can be farmed in dungeons and World quests and LFR and Normal Raid
    -Valor have weekly Cap, and can be farmed from First Heroic dungeon of the day, Emissaries, and mythic dungeons.
    -Gearing full heroic raid ilvl from Valor should take you around 3-4 months if you cap every week
    -Mythic raid gear is only obtainable by Mythic raid
    -With Professions you can craft up to 2 items of heroic Raid ilvl. To do so you will need materials bought with Justice points and are boe. Others may buy them and sell them on AH. This will give intensives to geared players to farm justice points.
    -Remove traits from Head/Chest/Shoulders and add a trait tree to the Neck and people will chose traits as the get more azerite power.
    -Revert classes back to MoP or WotLK.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The faster people gear the faster they outgear the content designed for them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we've had a few threads now on why they should.

And I'll once again say, after two expansions of having to fix a major hole in their gearing process with knockoff V/J, we're almost certainly getting some kind of permanent system back in 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The faster people gear the faster they outgear the content designed for them.
    There has literally never ever been a time I have as quickly geared to the point where I couldn't make any real gains without moving into content I don't care for than right now.

There is so much gear dropping so fast right now I literally ignore half of what I loot and have a bag full of stuff to sort through. This was never the case during the currency era because you got things much more slowly and they lasted a lot longer.

Essentially they have made it rain 340 and lower gear to such an extent that it is just junk to scrap or DE.

Because Blizzard believes you enjoy experiencing randomness more that a careful grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Because Blizzard believes you enjoy experiencing randomness more that a careful grind.
    They don't believe that. They just know it is more addictive and they don't think there is any way to monetize people other than via rng phone game grinding and loot box garbage because that is the way everything else in the gaming industry works.

People already gear up so fast.

This would give players control over what they get. Are you out of your mind?

MAUs are more important than player enjoyment.

I just don't understand how Valor and Justice would fit in.

What ilevel would Justice give you? I remember Justice being heroic dungeon level gear - so ilevel 325.

Valor was entry-level raid tier. So before when it was just normal/heroic, it'd give you normal quality gear. At the moment, it'd be ilevel 355.

Would that really change anything?

In the new paradigm, I can KIND of see an argument to make justice give 340 and valor give 370, but even then would that solve your issues?

I would only add Valor Points. You could buy Gear OR upgrade your existing gear to Warforged-Titanforge by increasing the ilvl. Each upgrade cost more and more. The Gear has premium prices, BUT: the cost of these decrease every week by around 2-3% of the actual cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia1989 View Post
    As the title goes, it's a pretty straight forward idea. I'm 100% opposed to the Kadala style system currently being implemented because:

A. It's random, and that's a dumb thing to spend currency you have to grind for, and

B. They already had a decent system in previous expansions that worked well that wasn't random.

I didn't follow the forums back during TBC/Wrath/Cata as much as I do now, so maybe I missed a big portion of people who were opposed to the way that emblems worked back in the day? I never seemed to mind them. The new system seems so detrimental to the idea of actually working toward something guaranteed. If it's always going to be random, you could spend days/weeks/months grinding for loot and never get something better.

I feel like if they just brought back vendors with specific pieces of loot on them for emblems it would be a step in the right direction. Hell, even Cata's Justice/Valor Points seem to make more sense than this iteration of currency grinding... and THAT is saying something.
    blizzard know what they are doing. most people playing this game dont pay any attention to any abilities in game so they will go for random pieces.

and the top 5% who care can and should be ignored.

want to pretend to be hardcore ? act like it and farm farn farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I just don't understand how Valor and Justice would fit in.

What ilevel would Justice give you? I remember Justice being heroic dungeon level gear - so ilevel 325.

Valor was entry-level raid tier. So before when it was just normal/heroic, it'd give you normal quality gear. At the moment, it'd be ilevel 355.

Would that really change anything?

In the new paradigm, I can KIND of see an argument to make justice give 340 and valor give 370, but even then would that solve your issues?
    Yeah, people keep saying it but I dunno feels like they are just parroting things they have heard "around". I think you are exactly right, it wouldn't do anything for anyone at this point.

I guess it would depend on how you got Valor points, if you only got em from the raid, why not just raid?

@papajohn4: Really like that idea. I would most definitely support that.

Deleted
    "Why Not Just Bring Back Emblems?"

Ego. Like with most of the "modern" decisions they stick to. Everyone knows that old talent trees, server communities, badges, deep class design, etc is better, but by going back to those things the modern designers at Blizz, who often times didn't design the older systems, would have to admit that their modern idea of the game was trash and misguided. You can also see that with how they didn't want to make Classic. But at least they are doing that now and it's going to be funny once they have to admit that the game was actually much better designed than modern WoW.

We're already forced to farm for artifact power. You want to bring back another thing that we have to farm? No thank you. There's plenty of gear, and the new system allows you to buy a specific piece if you're not willing to go for a random box. I don't see any problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I will quote my post in the official forums, what I would like to change in wow:
    lol then justice should only come from normal raids and valor should only come from heroic.

There's no reason LFR should get another source of gear they don't deserve.

Because then, you'd have control over your gearing, and blizzard doesn't want you to have control over your gearing.

Justice points are just another boring grind. I don't really want them. That said, I'm not entirely against their inclusion, as long as we aren't including time-locked valor points. I dislike justice points, but they can work. Valor points will literally damage the game.

PS: You can call them whatever you want, I am merely labeling them for consistency. Valor points were not time locked when they were finally removed, for instance, but they were basically justice points with a new name. Likewise, if valor points were only for higher end raiding and justice for casual content, I'm okay with that, too. Just no weekly point caps.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-10-25 at 02:58 AM.