Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    For what it's worth, when Antonidas learned Kel'Thuzad was experimenting with Necromancy by reanimating Rats, he ordered Kel'Thuzad's property searched, with offending items seized and destroyed, and issued a warning to Kel'Thuzad saying he, as a member of the Council of Six, would be kicked out of Dalaran if this "madness" continued.

But hey, when it comes to watering down/breaking the lore, who else but Void Elves?
    Eh, they've been tolerating Death Knights for awhile already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Eh, they've been tolerating Death Knights for awhile already.
    Tolerating, sure; however, surely you'll cede there's a difference between, say, tolerating Fel Magic and utilizing it to the extent of Doomhammer's Horde, to draw a parallel.

Tolerating, sure; however, surely you'll cede there's a difference between, say, tolerating Fel Magic and utilizing it to the extent of Doomhammer's Horde, to draw a parallel.
    Wouldn't that be Blackhand's? Doomhammer shifted more to using Death magic, didn't he? But yes, there's a difference between how openly tolerated a practice is.

Void Elves seem like they're hardly on a leash at all.

For what it's worth, when Antonidas learned Kel'Thuzad was experimenting with Necromancy by reanimating Rats, he ordered Kel'Thuzad's property searched, with offending items seized and destroyed, and issued a warning to Kel'Thuzad saying he, as a member of the Council of Six, would be kicked out of Dalaran if this "madness" continued.

But hey, when it comes to watering down/breaking the lore, who else but Void Elves?
    what does the council have to do with the alliance?

Man... the thing Horde fanboys and fangirls will do mental gymnastics over... it will never cease to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that be Blackhand's? Doomhammer shifted more to using Death magic, didn't he? But yes, there's a difference between how openly tolerated a practice is.

Void Elves seem like they're hardly on a leash at all.
    I was initially going to say Blackhand, the problem there is that his Horde was pretty explicitly Legion-aligned, whereas the Alliance isn't Void Lord-aligned.

With regard to the shift to Death Magic in Doomhammer's Horde, I'd argue not really. The Death Knights were undead Death Knights, of course, but they were just Shadow Council Acolytes in human corpses. Their powers, much like those of even the WCI-era Necrolytes, seem to be derived from Fel rather than Death Magic.

With regard to leashes, Umbric certainly isn't on one; however, neither were the Dragonmaw and their merry band of Warlocks (something that really burned Gul'dan). I don't really recall the Death Knights being on one either. In fact, the leash seemed reserved for Gul'dan and those near him.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck? Suddenly everyone can raise the dead. Bullshit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    what does the council have to do with the alliance?
    You're asking what the ruling council of a founding nation of the Alliance has to do with the Alliance?

Seems like they're just using the void to animate them rather than "raise" them, like creepy marionette puppets.

Really want a void raptor mount!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Umbric is the only useful Allied Race leader.
    Jaina is useful too.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Seems like they're just using the void to animate them rather than "raise" them, like creepy marionette puppets.

I'm sure the babies they're corrupting are just puppets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djem View Post
    Well, only as much of a warcrime as the Forsaken raising the dead, I suppose.
    Lol, grow up. The two aren't even comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, only as much of a warcrime as the Forsaken raising the dead, I suppose.
    There's a big difference between raising a person and raising an animal.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yes, the Alliance has DKs, and they aren't using special nice necromancy either. Meaning, the Alliance has already accepted the use of "mean necromancy". DK undead servants just don't last that long, so their slavery is likely brief. But no, DKs aren't nice people.

I'd say the morality depends on the willingness of the soul in question, and how much brainwashing is involved. I wouldn't call what was done to Zeiling evil, because he literally asked for it after being given adequate warning.

What Umbric is doing probably isn't nice, and that's rather the point. He's trying to upset the Zandalari by defiling their sacred things. And he's pissing off their gods by defiling their children and relatives, which is also part of the question. How ordinary is the wildlife that's sacred to the Wild Gods?
    I'm sorry, at what point was I talking about morality? Because I clearly wasn't, at all. Asking about different types of necromancy does not equate any sort of morality argument. None of what you're talking about relevant to what I was talking about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Hmm, Alliance only get ponies though...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its yet another display of "I can't believe its not necromancy" by alliance.

Because remember kids its not necromancy when alliance is using it.
    Stop screaming for attention. No one likes you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Okay let's get this straight.

Is actually Umbric mind controlled by void, but he actually don't notice it? I think he failed resisting whispers. He is an danger right now for both alliance and horde.
    That's basically the whole reason the blood elves exiled the void elves, isn't it? The last elf to tamper with the void went totally bananas and arguably let the Scourge into Quel'thalas to kill them all. The blood elves are pretty convinced messing around with the void never ends well and falling to madness is only a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Stop screaming for attention. No one likes you.
    How many salty post quotes at Arrashi have you made? Because I know this isn't the first one.

How many salty post quotes at Arrashi have you made? Because I know this isn't the first one.
    Why do you care?

This is only the latest in a series of Alliance war crimes in 8.1, alongside Alliance Purge Squads genociding innocent neutral Vulpera.
    It's always incredibly amusing when people accuse the Alliance of committing war crimes by doing the same shit that Horde always does (and many more times).

Horde kills Alliance (and Horde) and raises them, several times. Dead silence.

Alliance kills and raises some animals in a land that the Horde wants to take. WAR CRIMES!
    Yak. Yak never changes.