Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We need weapon enchants back like mongoose, crusader and legendary effects.

I think blizzard should just do us a favor, make enchants effect any weapon we equip(instead of having to enchant every new weapon you receive) and allow you to use the old enchants(which can be normalized to produce different effects but same dps/hps). This way players who have made it past vanilla/tbc can use crusader/mongoose(which can be haste instead of agility - crusader can be attack power/spell power) and any player who has gotten a legendary can use it's effect on their weapon(or perhaps players who have seen the content - say done lich king on heroic 25 will allow the shadowmourne effect/transmog and doing rag(either version) can give you the thunderfury buff. Another idea: toss tank players a bone and give em thunderfury effect free, maybe throw that effect on ice for dps unless we can just make 2 versions of it with or without the attack speed reduction.

I don't think any of these now obscure abilities should be a dps advantage, but I think weapon enchants are really cool and I really miss their proc effects. I don't know why they can't all be normalized so that picking any of them is cool from a dps/hps standpoint..I mean they're already in the game, why not use them and reward players who have stuck it out.

Oh transmogging should also effect gear SLOTS, not specific pieces of gear. ASAP.

And they really need to lift level requirements on transmog - if you looted the gear(on any character - cloth, leather, mail, plate, etc) you should get the transmog on that account.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-10-29 at 02:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik9321 View Post
    Oh transmogging should also effect gear SLOTS, not specific pieces of gear. ASAP.
    People have been asking for this ever since Transmog was implemented...

Both making you replace enchants and making you spend to transmog every time are to keep gold flowing in the economy or, in the case of transmog, removing gold from the game to the vendors.

It's to reduce inflation of gold levels which they're trying desperately to do after WoD and Legion's mission tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Which is why it's worth bringing up whenever possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    It boggles the mind why they didn't do this to start with; technical limitations, I'm guessing?

WoW's transmog system is VERY rudimentary compared to some other games. The collection thing with sets etc. did improve it somewhat, but there remain ludicrous restrictions that seem antiquated or arbitrary or both.

It gets especially bad when you look at Legion artifacts. So my warlock can transmog a wand + offhand into the Legion affliction staff - but not into any other staff? And I can transmog into my affliction artifact only while I'm actually specced affliction? What up with that? It's COSMETIC, so why all the hoops?

Not to mention that original legendaries still can't be transmogged, for whatever reason. Just Thunderfury is a total gamebreaking no-no, but Outlaws with double TF is a-okay? Or what's going on here?

The list seems endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Both making you replace enchants and making you spend to transmog every time are to keep gold flowing in the economy or, in the case of transmog, removing gold from the game to the vendors.

It's to reduce inflation of gold levels which they're trying desperately to do after WoD and Legion's mission tables.
    They need to just normalize the numbers; there's no need to prevent inflation. Inflation is impossible to stop in a properly functioning economy; it's like not wanting food to store itself as fat. If they want to help, doing something like the stat squish would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It boggles the mind why they didn't do this to start with; technical limitations, I'm guessing?

WoW's transmog system is VERY rudimentary compared to some other games. The collection thing with sets etc. did improve it somewhat, but there remain ludicrous restrictions that seem antiquated or arbitrary or both.

It gets especially bad when you look at Legion artifacts. So my warlock can transmog a wand + offhand into the Legion affliction staff - but not into any other staff? And I can transmog into my affliction artifact only while I'm actually specced affliction? What up with that? It's COSMETIC, so why all the hoops?

Not to mention that original legendaries still can't be transmogged, for whatever reason. Just Thunderfury is a total gamebreaking no-no, but Outlaws with double TF is a-okay? Or what's going on here?

The list seems endless.
    Yes it's very silly and restrictive and this line of thinking is why WoW is dying as a game.

Gold reductions are a negative - and it's incredibly annoying to see legion world quests give more gold than BFA - this is exactly what's killing the game; you need to be able to progress.

A good way to reduce the gold in the economy is to give rich players the options to buy mounts that are found in certain areas of the game, to expedite things for them.

They really do need to remove odd restrictions in the game like allowing only one specific staff to be transmogged for a 1h/offhand and just let you transmog all staffs for 1h/offhand...also its really annoying not being able to get a transmog piece if the character i loot it on cannot equip it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mongoose was a really cool effect and I think it would be even better amplified so there's more green electricity. You could even give player's more creative freedom and allow different colors for the mongoose effect in game, making it even more special. Thunderfury's effect is obviously really cool too, you can do the same things and also let the players choose for it to be it's original effect(tanking) or purely for damage. I personally believe this option should be available for all classes and specs.

While I'm on my soapbox, I think it would be great if changing talents were expanded to all areas of the game, except when in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

The list seems endless.
    That's really weird you can do 2 thunderfury but not one...seems really buggy. It would be nice if the GMs were more receptive to suggestions.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-10-29 at 02:17 AM.

(which can be normalized to produce different effects but same dps/hps).
    So essentially... Azerite traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    So essentially... Azerite traits?
    Azerite traits are not normalized - choosing the right traits does effect your dps/hps potential.

- - - Updated - - -

The attack speed reduction from thunderfury should be aoe and stack with any similar effects.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azerite traits are not normalized - choosing the right traits does effect your dps/hps potential.

- - - Updated - - -

The attack speed reduction from thunderfury should be aoe and stack with any similar effects.
    And there is no way you could balance all the enchants to do exactly the same dps/healing, same with azerite traits...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And there is no way you could balance all the enchants to do exactly the same dps/healing, same with azerite traits...
    There are plenty of ways for this to occur. Blizzard has 12 classes and numerous dps specs and manages to keep them relatively in line with eachother; if they wanted to, they could probably make it perfectly symmetrical but they would rather not fix their algorithms. For example, if haste effects the cooldown for all melee abilities and doesn't cap your gcds, then 20% haste is equal to 20% extra damage. In this regard, crusader could give 20% attack power/spell power, mongoose could give 20% haste and thunderfury's effect could give you extra damage equal to those effects. It's basic arithmetic, it's not hard.

And yes, in the same way azerite traits and talents could be balanced around dps and healing - again, blizzard just doesn't want to; they've had this silly attitude since vanilla because some GMs play certain classes and want their class to do better.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-10-29 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post

It's to reduce inflation of gold levels which they're trying desperately to do after WoD and Legion's mission tables. daily quests became a thing

the inflation issue has been a thing since the level caps rising made it possible to easily solo group content areas and they basically handed us a fixed baseline of farmable gold that anyone could do (i.e. dailies).

wod's mission tables just further exacerbate things because anyone could tweak their garrison to farm easy money and they brought the system back for legion and kept in in an only slightly nerfed capacity with BfA.

it only took them something like 8 years to figure out overpriced mounts normal people don't care about wasn't going to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the inflation issue has been a thing since the level caps rising made it possible to easily solo group content areas and they basically handed us a fixed baseline of farmable gold that anyone could do (i.e. dailies).

wod's mission tables just further exacerbate things because anyone could tweak their garrison to farm easy money and they brought the system back for legion and kept in in an only slightly nerfed capacity with BfA.

it only took them something like 8 years to figure out overpriced mounts normal people don't care about wasn't going to fix the problem.
    Why do you care about gold inflation?

i think it sucks that we lost a lot of enchant possibilities like cloak, head, shoulders, nearly everything was enchantable at one point.

funny that bfa brought back weapon enchants but no off-hand enchants

its all so trivial these days. enchants, no enchants meh, professions used to be cool but none of this is even really required anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i think it sucks that we lost a lot of enchant possibilities like cloak, head, shoulders, nearly everything was enchantable at one point.

funny that bfa brought back weapon enchants but no off-hand enchants

its all so trivial these days. enchants, no enchants meh, professions used to be cool but none of this is even really required anymore.
    Enchants without animations don't need to return - if you have played for any length of time you know that eventually it just becomes a hassle. As far as I know, weapon enchants are the only enchants that have ever had a graphic. Other than that, engineering tinkers are really interesting; it would just be better if they were one-time purchases that ATTACHED to your gear instead of binding to them and then leaving forever.

The problem you're experiencing is that the game is losing complexity as time goes on, which makes it more brain dead and less interesting. Instead of enchants and gems you only worry about outside of combat, it would be better to make rotations more complicated, intuitive, fun, and rewarding the longer you adhere to doing things in the correct fashion. Instead it's the opposite, especially for melee where 30-40% of your dps is handed to you for free through auto swings, you see smaller numbers (unlike casters) and the first abilities in your rotation offer you the most damage, encouraging you to get lazy with your less important abilities. Certain classes, like rogues and ret paladins are a bit backwards in that regard and more fun to play probably, but also frustrating when you see other classes getting simpler rotations where their big hitters can be cast immediately(ie kill command and damage over time spells followed by crappy filler spells like shadowbolt) - to the contrary, rogues have combo point spenders(eviscerate, rupture, envenom, etc) and paladins have templar's verdict. In this regard, they have dumbed down rotations even though there may possibly be way more abilities in the game files than ever before. This is contradictory to a video game, where the objective is entertainment; not real life where simplicity is more highly valued.

In a perfectly polished video game, you should never feel like you are skill capped..and you should never feel like you're wasting your time polishing your skills. I do not want to play a video game where I can easily say I have gotten as good as I ever will get but have not grinded out enough artifact power and therefore am inferior.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-10-29 at 03:50 AM.

i dunno i just liked it when things actually mattered and ppl put effort into stuff now everything seems to exist purely to be replaced and thats it.

they aren't going to add in over powered niche procs like thunderfury proc or other past weapon procs because like you said, it'll become a 'hassle' as everyone decides that X old school weapon enchant/proc effect is amazing and should always be used.

i guess sometimes just playing the game is a hassle i wonder if they'll ever fix that. oh wait i can fix that.

it has become too oversimplified imo, i agree that some things are a hassle to repeatedly do, although i think we've gone too far. i like your idea and having old cool enchants or weapon procs would be cool but, it'll just end up like all the other things mediocre at best.

i started a lock last week and was dissapointed that its basically a rogue now, reti palas, warlocks and rogues are almost functionally identical with the combo point system. fun to play but goddamn what happened there.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-29 at 03:55 AM.

i dunno i just liked it when things actually mattered and ppl put effort into stuff now everything seems to exist purely to be replaced and thats it.

they aren't going to add in over powered niche procs like thunderfury proc or other past weapon procs because like you said, it'll become a 'hassle' as everyone decides that X old school weapon enchant/proc effect is amazing and should always be used.

i guess sometimes just playing the game is a hassle i wonder if they'll ever fix that. oh wait i can fix that.

hahahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhaaaahahah

People having missing enchants was always a part of the game. enchanting how many ever slots was always a hassle.

I already said in plain english that the goal is to make all of the weapon enchants EQUAL. You're also contradicting yourself by saying you wish people put effort into things, but then you say you don't like the idea of weapon enchants coming back because it would be a hassle.

I agree that I miss the days where gems and enchants were a thing; but the past wasn't all that great, as you get older you realize it never is. Back in TBC the marksmanship rotation was literally steady shot, auto shot. You didn't have chimaera shot, you didn't use stings or arcane shot, silence shot wasn't even taken even though it was your 41-point talent and aimed shot was complete garbage in 98% of scenarios. In vanilla and TBC the complexity of the talent trees breathed life into the game, but let's not forget that the game bloomed in wrath and cataclysm. Change is good. Change is necessary. Keep what is unique and let the copycats be forgotten

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhaaaahahah

People having missing enchants was always a part of the game. enchanting how many ever slots was always a hassle.
    Pretty much. I like how this kid says he wants people to put effort into stuff but he doesn't want anything to be a hassle.

you said it would be a hassle. i said i'd like to see more enchants come back. more enchantable items, hell i'd like to see professions made great again and not a mostly optional side thing.

if you have played for any length of time you know that eventually it just becomes a hassle
    this kid? you said it not me ... kid..
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-29 at 03:59 AM.

you said it would be a hassle. i said i'd like to see more enchants come back. more enchantable items, hell i'd like to see professions made great again and not a mostly optional side thing.
    so instead of only being mildly gimped for having missing enchants, they can be majorly gimped? pass.

exactly ppl don't really wanna put effort into gear they'll replace in less than a month.

some parts of the game were a hassle, buying regents for buffs, that was a hassle, making yourself better though gold investment on gear enchants... maybe it was a hassle but i wasn't spending my gold on much else.