Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Does it feel like BM hunters are falling off?

Based on this chart, we went from being great to being mediocre or bottom half of the DPS pack.

warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Hunter&dataset=95&timespan=60

Seems like come 8.1, our scaling is going to be detrimental to raid comps. Our amazing mobility is not worth such a DPS loss and low scaling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the number of parses, you do get that many if the class is bad.

Do you have a crystal ball? How can you know now what'll go down in 8.1?
    At this point I just can't be assed to care anymore, they haven't built the class in a good way since MoP ended.

BM has 3 strengths that are key to its popularity among top-end mythic guilds;

1. Target switch burst, BM is 1 of the best specs for frequent target switching.
    2. Execute damage(see: Ghuun last phase is the only part of the fight that matters damage-wise, and is very movement intense)
    3. Good defensive utility through Spirit Mend, Survival of the Fittest, Extra Stamina, Aspect of the Turtle and Exhilaration.

Overall DPS is not make or break in a fight these days unless there is a real DPS check. It's all about what utility you bring(whether it is raid buffs, CC utility, multi-dotting, high burst, high AoE), ST sustained DPS is rarely a metric these days for why certain specs get brought into raids. DPS differences between farm and progress fights are also vastly different.

As for 8.1, nobody knows yet. It all depends on how they will tune MM with its current "re-design" in PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

1. Target switch burst, BM is 1 of the best specs for frequent target switching.
    wtf are you smoking. Pet travel even with dash and the kill command charge makes it one of the worst range classes to switch targets. In all honesty, the class should be treated as melee for switching targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    wtf are you smoking. Pet travel even with dash and the kill command charge makes it one of the worst range classes to switch targets. In all honesty, the class should be treated as melee for switching targets.
    This only happens when the targets are like at least 30y away from each other. If the targets are slightly seperated, then the target switch is awesome. The pet dashes instantly to the new target when you cast kill command. Don't know why your experience is that bad, but imo, BM hunters are awesome regarding the switching ability.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiszza View Post
    This only happens when the targets are like at least 30y away from each other. If the targets are slightly seperated, then the target switch is awesome. The pet dashes instantly to the new target when you cast kill command. Don't know why your experience is that bad, but imo, BM hunters are awesome regarding the switching ability.
    agreed. we are great at target switching except in some ways on fights like Fetid Devourer mythic. but we have great mobility and can soak mechanics with turtle. hunters will always be a very strong ranged dps.

however, i do think we are falling off a bit. we don't seem to scale that well with gear. our cleave is very strong though and we are able to maintain high cleave with our optimal ST talent spec as well which is a huge bonus.

the fact that we've fallen off so much since the start kinda makes that 5% nerf at the start of the expansion pretty fucking stupid though.

as others have said, if MM synergizes well with Azerite traits and the best traits are available from raid, MM might be the way to go next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by renroval View Post
    Based on this chart, we went from being great to being mediocre or bottom half of the DPS pack.

warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Hunter&dataset=95×pan=60

Seems like come 8.1, our scaling is going to be detrimental to raid comps. Our amazing mobility is not worth such a DPS loss and low scaling.
    BM is a much more progression-friendly spec due to it being versatile and highly mobile.

It has never been a massive burst or cheese class, as you delve further into a tier more and more content is on farm/being zerged which is a scenario that doesn't favour BMs and as such there overall score will fall compared to where they was at while in there more favorable progression position.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I've not had any issues in Uldir nor in Legion except for a couple of fights with BM target switching, 1 of them being Krosus(bridge boss), on that boss killing the far back adds as BM is horrible, but that is literally 1 boss in like 40 total bosses.

I'm sorry you are having issues with target switching, maybe its you and not the game.

BM is definitely falling off, it's having the same issue it had in legion with not scaling.

It's the #1 ranged DPS at 340 ilvl but near the bottom at 380. If nothing changes it will be dead last by the time people are in 400 gear.

No way BM is falling off. Progress on mVectis has been steady due to our two BM hunters insane add damage without breaking rotation (except when the add dies too fast to get my barbed shot off...). That's another huge bonus for us: the ability to switch targets mid rotation and on single-add dependent fights like mythic vectis Murder is amazing. It basically stays on CD the whole fight. As usual people are worried too much about numbers instead of targeted damage. If I'm fifth on the meters but my add damage is what's getting it down before the second immuno I think we're contributing greatly.

we are great at target switching except in some ways on fights like Fetid Devourer mythic.
    Even that's not a problem if you take a pet with Master's Call and smart Dash usage.

Deleted
    eh lots of ppl have already said that the early nerf from blizzard was an overkill. That's what we get for having decent mobility on week one. No one knew the fights in the first two weeks so hunters naturally pull ahead because of our mobility, however now players know and they can plan their shit accordingly and pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I've not had any issues in Uldir nor in Legion except for a couple of fights with BM target switching, 1 of them being Krosus(bridge boss), on that boss killing the far back adds as BM is horrible, but that is literally 1 boss in like 40 total bosses.

I'm sorry you are having issues with target switching, maybe its you and not the game.
    hilarious passive aggressive nonsense.

It is not a pro point of the class. If there is travel time to the add, the pets will be slow. There is no reason to add "quick burst on adds" as a pro.

This being said there is nothing in the current raid that fast target switching is that big of a deal. Mythic Fetid a bit, depending on the spawn area the pet can travel be slow and delay your KC for a bit. Same as any melee switching to that add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Even that's not a problem if you take a pet with Master's Call and smart Dash usage.
    if you take a pet with masters call you should be removed from the raid as a BM hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwolf View Post
    No way BM is falling off. Progress on mVectis has been steady due to our two BM hunters insane add damage without breaking rotation (except when the add dies too fast to get my barbed shot off...). T
    Just going to say: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/19#boss=2134

M vectis one of BM hunter worst fights. Leave your anecdotal evidence at the door please. If your doing that much better then your current raid group, i suggest moving on to another group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaiszza View Post
    Again there is always pet travel, other classes don't need pet speed mechanics, they just switch and pew pew. There are times on mythic fetid when that add is 30y or more away...and the pet needs to travel a bit before kill command works. Other range can get into position and pew pew.

Note: this is not saying we cannot do it, it is not saying we cannot do good damage. It just should be scene as a pro compared to other range classes that dont need to wait at all.

Easy to play, stupidly mobile, good utility, great defensives.

Oh and ranged of course.

Something's gotta give.

heyyy in my opinion it's half of DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
    Easy to play, stupidly mobile, good utility, great defensives.

Oh and ranged of course.

Something's gotta give.
    um fire mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    um fire mage?
    Fire mages are squishy as hell. You only have Blazing Barrier and Ice Block for defensives, and I guess Cauterize.

What do you except for 1 button mongoloid huntard spec? You can't be top with the easiest spec ever been in history of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    What do you except for 1 button mongoloid huntard spec? You can't be top with the easiest spec ever been in history of WoW.
    trying to trigger ppl?