Poll: Which hypothetical allied races would you actually want to play?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's wrong. In fact, that's a big reason why I am against mok'nathal being playable. I think we'll see playable ogres someday... though not as an allied race.

Though hell, at this point, who can really say for sure? Maybe we will see ogres as an allied race using other assets, but I really doubt it. That's really, really stretching what allied races are designed for, especially since they'd need a brand new female model, and who knows what skeletons they'd use for that one... it wouldn't be kul tiran females.
    Blizzard stated too many times about having problems with Big ogre models for playable race.
    Whether it was about female models, overall model itself being a problem for adjusting gear, animations, size and all the problems that come with it.
    The same problem is with vrykuls, we would get them by now but they're not fitted for playable race, because of the size and model itself.
    That's why we got the middle ground - Kul'tirans.

Rexxar model fixes all the problems, because it will have everything from kul'tiran playable model, already adjusted for everything. :P
    And it would be easy to create female models from kul'tiran ones, just look how Rexxar naked model looks like and naked Kul'tiran model.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-11-01 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Literally just not Mechagnomes and High Elves.

I don't want what's effectively an existing race with one difference.

(And no, for that matter, I am not a fan of LFD and HMT.)

Now as for what I'd do race changing for. I'd get rid of the rest of my Blood Elves (and that one Nightborne I have) if San'layn became a thing. And I already have plans to level a Sethrak Shaman if that happens.

Lightforged Undead... mmm.... you know, I might do it in a future expansion if Blizz made Paladin good (aka removed Holy Power).
    With one difference? So far that's all the allied races are. They are current races recolored, except hmt with moose horns

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Blizzard stated too many times about having problems with Big ogre models for playable race.
    Whether it was about female models, overall model itself being a problem for adjusting gear, animations and all the problems that come with it.
    The same problem is with vrykuls, we would get them by now but they're not fitted for playable race, because of the size and model itself.

Rexxar model fixes all the problems, because it will have everything from kul'tiran playable model, already adjusted for everything. :P
    Frankly this sounds like the "Ridley is too big for smash" debate if you'll excuse the analogy. Even if you have no idea what I am talking about, the point is that it's all relative. Blizzard can easily adjust their size as needed.

I mean, ogres come in a variety of sizes (not just XXXXL raid boss variety ), there are some that are smaller than tauren and I could see them being made playable regardless. They are big, they aren't all that big, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for Vulpera and Mecha/Junkergnomes, as well as Ogres. I took the Ogre option to mean either full-fledged Ogres as well as Mok'nathal. Ultimately I prefer Ogres, but if half-ogres is the best blizz will do, then so be it.

Just waiting to get my Vulpera currently, seems like a fitting choice to try out for a rogue.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2018-11-01 at 02:59 AM.

Whether it was about female models, overall model itself being a problem for adjusting gear, animations, size and all the problems that come with it.

And it would be easy to create female models from kul'tiran ones, just look how Rexxar naked model looks like and naked Kul'tiran model.
    Size isn't really an issue. Tauren are the tallest race at 7'6" /229 cm. Average ogre is 8' /244 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Frankly this sounds like the "Ridley is too big for smash" debate if you'll excuse the analogy. Even if you have no idea what I am talking about, the point is that it's all relative. Blizzard can easily adjust their size as needed.

I mean, ogres come in a variety of sizes (not just XXXXL raid boss variety ), there are some that are smaller than tauren and I could see them being made playable regardless. They are big, they aren't all that big, though.
    How many shrinked ogres are there? Few from toys? Maybe some low lvl quests, that still use old models from vanilla.
    For 99,9% of the game we see big ogres, that's the appeal, they're big, look dangerous, smash, smash.
    Shrinked ogre look and move like a virgin on brazzers party.

The same goes for Vrykuls, you shrink them, they look weird.
    Blizzard would have to remodel world around them.

@Linkedblade, size is the issue when it comes to gameplay.
    From the lore pov like 80% in the game would be different, that doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-11-01 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Size isn't really an issue.

Spoken like someone who's never gotten stuck in a doorway while playing a tauren.

I voted San'layn, but I think i equally want to play Vulpera and Sethrak. Vulpera is obviously going to be a playable and Sethrak seems likely too.

Lore-wise, I think the San'layn and undead elves in general, have a lot of potential to grow into something cool, like Mecha-gnomes or Botani. Vulpera, like High Elves and Half Ogres as cool as they would be, don't really have a lot of War potential. I'd like to see the San'layn and Undead Night Elves build the Forsaken society into something huge, something for the Alliance to fear within the Horde. Just like how the Alliance already has nature and the Light, the Horde needs something to counter that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm not interested about what you want them to add, but what you actually would put your hands on and play.

feel free to tell us why and what traits/skills you'd love to see as a racial

(You can vote for multiple races)
    Lightbound Orcs for the Alliance.
    Horde can have Nathanos Undead

How many shrinked ogres are there? Few from toys? Maybe some low lvl quests, that still use old models from vanilla.
    For 99,9% of the game we see big ogres, that's the appeal, they're big, look dangerous, smash, smash.

From the lore pov like 80% in the game would be different, that doesn't really matter.
    Technically, tauren are about 2 feet taller than ogres in lore. Males are normally around 10 feet tall, but as playable races, are about 8 feet tall. Which, coincidentally, is the average male height of ogres.

It's not a big stretch here, hell... I wouldn't be surprised if tauren are taller than many of the ogres in say, Dustwallow Marsh. But I never tested it and I don't feel like logging in just to see.

none of the garbage in the poll
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Ogres on average are as tall as tauren. Some are taller. It's not an issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Spoken like someone who's never gotten stuck in a doorway while playing a tauren.
    Part of the RP experience. Lol

@therealbowser, well they're not.
    @Linkedblade

I guess i just got a slap of reality after all these years, but i wish you good luck with never ending ''maybe someday they'll'' pov when it comes to classic ogres. :P
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-11-01 at 03:30 AM.

@therealbowser, well they're not.
    @Linkedblade

I guess i just got a slap of reality after all these years, but i wish you good luck with never ending ''maybe someday they'll'' pov when it comes to classic ogres. :P
    K. Whatever you wish to believe, friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres and High Elves are essential parts of the Horde and alliance, without them the factions are not complete.

If we get Sethrak my main would be forever a Sethrak. FOREVER.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Lightbound Orcs for the Alliance.
    Horde can have Nathanos Undead
    Humans vs Orcs is way too iconic for the franchise, don't think that'll ever happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I am using a Blood Elf DH currently to work on the Zandalari/Mag'har unlocking and man do the Blood Elves look super short next to the Zandalari, can't wait to unlock those troll bois

Quote Originally Posted by Golforth View Post
    If we get Sethrak my main would be forever a Sethrak. FOREVER.
    What is it that you guys find so appealing about them? To me they just feel so alien to the Warcraft world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    What is it that you guys find so appealing about them? To me they just feel so alien to the Warcraft world.
    Thats one of the things i like about them. They are so different from what we have seen. And i would love a scaly race just to mix things up.

It's pretty unfortunate that High Elf whiners are so determined to waste an allied race slot for everyone else because they don't feel like playing the high elves already in the game.