Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    LOL you people are incredible you judgin person by voice ? xD WTF this world need to end right now cause when this someone told you is OK it is not everyone of you got flaws non of you are incredibly beautiful xDD
    Lol what are you talking about?
    His primary content is him talking and there is a reason people pay Morgan Freeman to narrate stuff.
    Because his voice makes the content better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    My only complaint about him is his voice... its like he has a cold with the nose blocked in perpetuity and an odd accent which really makes it difficult to sometimes understand what he says but if you can power through that then his content should be great for anyone interested in lore.
    Funny, i love his voice.

Hello Everyoneee~~! <3

Definitely a lifesaver in Legion with the insane amount of lore stuff. "Not only here is the order hall campaign, but here's snippets of the backstories of these characters because there's literally hundreds of them and there's no way you remember them all." Caught so many details I missed and allowed me to see the content I missed out on by not being enough of an altoholic.

Plus he narrated my favorite book series.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-11-01 at 03:26 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    To people that claim Nobbel has an Alliance bias, I wouldn't say that. It's more so that he's very sensitive over topics relating to Jaina and the times the Alliance have been in a dubious light. I think that's due to trolling, but it causes him to lose his head a bit on stream and in some of his videos when he normally wouldn't.

He isn't biased towards the Alliance, but is def biased towards Jaina and his conception of Alliance heroism/identity. Ironically he wants the Alliance to dirty their hands more, but defends them every time they do.

He at least calls out T&E and Bellular for clickbaiting tho. I can appreciate that

10+ Year Old Account
    he's really good at reading out wowpedia entries

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he is a great YouTuber making informative videos that doesn't contain a majority of rambling. I like to level while having his videos running in the background for lore information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    this is a first, where's the mmochamp "WHO?" crowd
    Honestly, he's more known than Preach and Asmon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He’s heavily Alliance biased. Particularly where Jaina is concerned. Not really a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He’s heavily Alliance biased. Particularly where Jaina is concerned. Not really a fan.
    Or maybe he's being neutral and you have a horde bias that prevents you from seeing that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I really don't see how his accent could possibly be hard to understand, no matter whether you like it or not.

I might be wrong here since I don't actually speak dutch myself (he's from the Netherlands), but I believe that's how their grammar is structured so it probably just carries over to English without him necessarily thinking about it. I've had a lot of dutch friends ever since I started playing MMOs in the early 2000's, and the vast majority of them who weren't completely fluent in english kept building sentences in the form of "<name> he is" or "<name> she said" which is obviously redundant in english.
    Nice thought, but no, we (the Dutch) do not have our grammar behave in that way. That's all his idea.

Deleted
    What the guy needs is a better editor, that's all.

Accent makes his videos unwatchable. Stick to wikis/google for info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Nice thought, but no, we (the Dutch) do not have our grammar behave in that way. That's all his idea.
    This. I've also never seen a Dutch person construct their sentences in that way, not even the ones that weren't used to speaking all. That said, I guess forming your speech that way *could* make sense as the two commas give you some time to consider your words, but very little at that.

Anyway, back on topic. I do enjoy his videos but as other people in this thread have said, to a Dutch person his accent is like nails on chalkboard. It becomes a lot less annoying when I put his videos on in the background while doing something else, but in those cases I usually end up forgetting half of what was said, so I'm not sure which is better.

Got to say this guy devotes some real work for his content.
    So if anyone has not heard of him and want to learn about wow Lore they should check him.
    He seems to cover things post retcons so you won't be getting conflicting information if you read wikis.

My only complaint about him is his voice... its like he has a cold with the nose blocked in perpetuity and an odd accent which really makes it difficult to sometimes understand what he says but if you can power through that then his content should be great for anyone interested in lore.

anyway that was my public service announcement regarding this guy and his content.
    Been subbed to him for a long time he is great! I find him easy to understand but I study language patterns and accents.

I mean, I'm German so I know what it's like to struggle with pronunciation when you speak a language that has phones (like [ð] and [​θ] (English 'th')) which don't exist in your native tongue (anymore)... That being said his accent is still really fucking annoying. I mean, he's been doing this shit for years now. It has to get better at some point. Besides, he's playing a female character so he's gotta be some sort of weird boy.

Video quality seemed good however.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-11-01 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    I guess its to hard to read wowpedia pages these days, and it takes a special kind of annoying voice to do so.

I dont see what the big deal about his accent is... I've never had a problem understanding what he is saying, nor has it bothered me in any way. In fact I barely even registered it until you guys brought it up lol

Deleted
    Nobbel is okay. I actually like his "accent". Not all of us, who have english as a second or third language, need to be spot on with accents. Poooo on you people (sensitive privileged c*nts) who speak a world language as a native tongue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got to say this guy devotes some real work for his content.
    So if anyone has not heard of him and want to learn about wow Lore they should check him.
    He seems to cover things post retcons so you won't be getting conflicting information if you read wikis.

anyway that was my public service announcement regarding this guy and his content.
    I find the way he reads thigns to be really, really grating. It's not the accent, it's his intonation. He starts slow and goes faster, every damned sentance. Slow and low, going faster and higher. It's so damned annoying. Really wish he'd stop trying to do dramatic readings and just read with a neutral voice.

I used to really love his content and lore till his alliance biased started to ruin the lore videos always finding an excuse for alliance action and changing some lore videos to favor the alliance even sometimes making fun of people for pointing out that he is wrong about some lore fact when it favor the horde so I just quit watching his videos.

I don't favor horde heck I love azmongold ,hazelnuttygame and sharm and they constantly make fun of any player that play horde but they are "entertainers" while nobble is a fact deliverer and story teller so when I feel he is changing the lore to favor horde/alliance I lost interest of his videos as I cant trust his lore fact when he is heavily biased toward one faction and always forcing his opinion in the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    He used to pronounce "ninja" as "ninya"
    It triggered people, and was funny.
    After awhile you don't even really notice the accent tbh.