Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Undeath has been explained multiple times as much as it needs to be. All necromancy magic is either as simple as using the dead body as an animated husk via magic, or rejoining their soul and consciousness to their rotten dead body. It's been explained, what more do you need?
    Don't pretend that previously many races including NElves were immune to undeath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Don't pretend that previously many races including NElves were immune to undeath.
    they weren't immune to undeath. sylvanas' val'kyr just didn't know how/have the power to do it due to no longer being connected to the lich king.

in MoP, she found away to fix that. i wish it were explained, but it's believable imo.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they weren't immune to undeath. sylvanas' val'kyr just didn't know how/have the power to do it due to no longer being connected to the lich king.

in MoP, she found away to fix that. i wish it were explained, but it's believable imo.
    In MoP, both Jaina and Blood Elves got some powerups from the Throne of Thunder. Wrathion was stealing all sort of stuff during the entire expansion. Sylvanas did nothing. At best you claim Helya powered her up, but there's no proof of her getting anything other than the lantern, which was destroyed by Genn.

In the end, there's no explanation other than "she can do that now."

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    In MoP, both Jaina and Blood Elves got some powerups from the Throne of Thunder. Wrathion was stealing all sort of stuff during the entire expansion. Sylvanas did nothing. At best you claim Helya powered her up, but there's no proof of her getting anything other than the lantern, which was destroyed by Genn.

In the end, there's no explanation other than "she can do that now."
    sylvanas had to have done something, because she offered to raise lor'themar's fallen in siege of orgrimmar.

given that there's now a lot of controversy around the fact that she can raise elves, they might just explain it.

but nothing should be assumed to just be "because she can, end of discussion" unless stated otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    When exactly the Night Elves became immune to undeath? Kaldorei Death knight says hi, by the way. And the bunch banshees and ghost of ancient kaldorei across the world. Oh, and Farondis people in Azsuna, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    When exactly the Night Elves became immune to undeath?
    I keep forgetting, I'm not pro-Horde, so I have to offer incredibly precise terms. They were originally only able to be turned by immense necromantic power, not by the plague or low level Scourge. Even though this has been pointed out multiple times in multiple threads, it needs to be fully explained again.

Kaldorei Death knight says hi, by the way.
    Lich King, along with gameplay reasons.

And the bunch banshees and ghost of ancient kaldorei across the world.
    Many Legion forcible conversions, ala dreadlords.

Oh, and Farondis people in Azsuna, too.
    Azshara.

Notice how you have no examples of the plague or anything less than the Lich King?
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I assume it works generally the same way as everyone else. Humans go to there crypts, Orcs to there big rock. And night elves to Sacred groves.

just much more obvious with humans because a crypt is a necromancers wet dream. a bunch of corpses and most likely there previous inhabitants. it would explain why auchindoun and lighthope double as fortresses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i assume its more a problem of having a Undead with Free Will. Its much harder to run a Army when Your Soldiers are constantly trying to break away from your control. the best example being Sylvanas herself.

although the truth is probably the fact its a bunch of different people writing one story over many years
    Last edited by Goat the SpaceMage; 2018-11-02 at 07:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep forgetting, I'm not pro-Horde, so I have to offer incredibly precise terms. They were originally only able to be turned by immense necromantic power, not by the plague or low level Scourge. Even though this has been pointed out multiple times in multiple threads, it needs to be fully explained again.

Azshara.

Notice how you have no examples of the plague or anything less than the Lich King?
    ??????

Those are the very same methods other races were afflicted with undeath. NE were not immune to it and they could've easily said no NE DKs.

Well they are not robots , so I dont know ask some Biologist or soemthing that specializes in fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account

Azshara.

This is not a pissing contest between the Horde and the Alliance. When I mention the Horde? And look, you are agreeing with me that there are undeath among the Kaldorei. So, may I ask again... When exactly the Night Elves became immune to undeath?

Also you say "the plague or anything less than the Lich King?", but Sylvanas use the Val'kyr... the same necromantic tool that the Lich King use back in the day. Not your average plague-infected grain.

Deleted
    Since when does magic need an explanation.

A wizard did it.

And look, you are agreeing with me that there are undeath among the Kaldorei. So, may I ask again... When exactly the Night Elves became immune to undeath?
    Cool, so you ignored what I said. NElves were originally unable to be raised by anything less than the Lich King due to Elune's protection. This has been explained in the multiple threads where people aren't happy about writers throwing it out the window.

Sylvanas use the Val'kyr... the same necromantic tool that the Lich King use back in the day.
    That's the point, they're ignoring prior lore that stated Lich King personally, or his equals or betters, such as high ranking Legion sorcerors.

Cool, so you ignored what I said. NElves were originally unable to be raised by anything less than the Lich King due to Elune's protection. This has been explained in the multiple threads where people aren't happy about writers throwing it out the window.

That's the point, they're ignoring prior lore that stated Lich King personally, or his equals or betters, such as high ranking Legion sorcerors.
    that were only the worgen and only because they are basically a cursed druidic form

banshee are created by nathrezim that were learning necromancy, far from immense power. low test subject at maximum...

10+ Year Old Account

Wait. Are you saying that the Lich King himself, personally, was in charge of the resurrection of the fallen Kaldorei? Dude, come on. Night elves aren't that special. Hell, even the regular necromancers of the Scourge and the Ebon Blade were capables of raising Undeath Kaldorei (see Acherus pre-split, and Acherus-Legion, recently)

And I'm not ignoring anything. The Val'kyr were in charge of the raising of the fallen champions of all races in the battlefield for the Lich King. The Val'kyr now work for Sylvanas. The same necromantic beings.

Go and ask the bunch of kaldorei ghosts acroos Azeroth where is this so called Elune's protection. Undead Night Elves are a thing since Classic.

Go and ask the bunch of kaldorei ghosts acroos Azeroth where is this so called Elune's protection. Undead Night Elves are a thing since Classic.
    There's not much point in talking to you when you pick and choose what parts of my answers you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not much point in talking to you when you pick and choose what parts of my answers you like.
    Wh-what? Thas literally what you're doing. Right now. I pointing out good arguments, based in canon lore and in-game info and you're just saying "There's not much point in talking to you when you pick and choose what parts of my answers you like.". Bah, forget about it /rollseyes

When I answer each of your examples, and you completely ignore my answers and ask me a second time, you're picking and choosing what you like. Pretty simple.

Ummm no? Night Elf Death Knights aren't retcons lol.

He could even resurrect Draenei. He'd never have even seen one until like a year before the events of WotLK