Thread: Changes

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do people honestly think LFR vanilla is going to be a real thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

No way in hell

People enjoy drama on the forums thats all xD

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Hey don't take away something to bitch about. It just looks like modern WoW's interface slapped on top of classic. Or Classic slapped on top of modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by stevepelle91 View Post
    If blizzard fails to provide an authentic classic experience then you’re going to see a lot of people play private servers. There is a particular project based in EU and Russia that couldn’t care less about threats from a western company. Heck, i’ll get to play with my European friends if that happens. I can’t see blizzard fucking this up, it would make zero sense and little dollars.
    This is literally all that needs to be posted, if blizzard does not NAIL this the huge streamers will tell everyone not to play it.

We really have nothing to worry about, i freaked out a bit too early expecting more out of this demo.....just glad i didnt fork over 50 bucks.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2018-11-02 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Sharding and/or dynamic respawns will 100% be a thing, simply because of the launch. If you stick to "classic" servers, you either launch with a lot of server and watch some of them die, or launch with too few and watch people queue for some mobs for hours. So they'll totally add dynamic instances of zones.
    Absolutely. It's a server tech, and they will use modern servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even today, talking about private servers is still against the rules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Health regen numbers are way off, warriors regening from half hp to full in like 5-10 seconds. It should be taking like 60 seconds or longer. This allows people to chain pull in the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Temis View Post
    Yea if there is phasing at all in the released game, it will kill it for me.
    If there is no phasing at the start of the game it will kill the game.. rather lose you and a few others than the entire game right? It's literally not possible for World of Warcraft to host thousands players in a single phase and still have the game be playable.

Imagine trying to quest through Elwynn Forest with 1000 other people trying to kill the same Kobold that takes 5 mins to respawn, multi tagging isn't a thing, and you have such high latency it takes you that 5 mins just to land a single melee attack.

Sorry if you want to endure that kind of shit because for some reason not getting to play the game appeals to your sense of personal authenticity, but I'd rather spend my time watching paint dry than "playing" that kind of game.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I TOLD YOU THIS SHIT WOULD HAPPEN
    Quick! You'd better start 40 new threads about it!
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    Bear in mind this is just a DEMO, wait until they officially announce these things before we freak out.
    This is their ideal version of things. They'll drop this bomb and see how much of the current retail shit they can keep. This is Activision dipping their toe in.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Ahahaha, it begins again

ITS ONLY BETA* YOU GUYSSSSSS

*Of a 14 year old game.

No joke, saw this line dropped about a half dozen topics during BfA, questioning why people would think something so awkward would go live.

Logic akin to that doesn't work at NuBlizzard. It absolutely has a chance to launch with it. You are extremely out of touch if you think otherwise.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-11-02 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Quick! You'd better start 40 new threads about it!
    I may make a lot of Classic threads...but i always let them die a peaceful death.

Blizzard fucked me with Diablo already so I'm going to assume this is because they're using the new client. If LFR makes it to live, or random leveling items with +crit and stupid stats like that then I'll be really furious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    So far: WOTLK Running Animations, New attack animations, Legion Raidframes/Readycheck/groundmarkers,!!! NEW custom +1critical hit items below 20 W.T.F. !!!, New Font, Auto Loot, New UI features such as greying out items u cant afford, !!! NEW CLASS SKILLS (SPECC SKILLS IN WEAPONSSKILLS TAB) WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK!!!, on lootoptions saying "main specc " in chat after looting
    Almost... like it is a demo! Almost like it is backported from current game... Not like work in progress or anything... Nothing they can fix in the next 8-10months before release!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    Can confirm the phasing... I really hope it's just for this demo as otherwise that's going to ruin it for me.
    *sharding

FFS can people get this shit right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    *sharding

FFS can people get this shit right.....
    TBH i dont know the difference either, and ive been playing WoW since 06 lol.

Feel free to explain for us idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    If there is no phasing at the start of the game it will kill the game.. rather lose you and a few others than the entire game right? It's literally not possible for World of Warcraft to host thousands players in a single phase and still have the game be playable.

Imagine trying to quest through Elwynn Forest with 1000 other people trying to kill the same Kobold that takes 5 mins to respawn, multi tagging isn't a thing, and you have such high latency it takes you that 5 mins just to land a single melee attack.

Sorry if you want to endure that kind of shit because for some reason not getting to play the game appeals to your sense of personal authenticity, but I'd rather spend my time watching paint dry than "playing" that kind of game.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. A vanilla server back in the day had a cap of 2.5k people playing. Current private servers launch with 15k+ people playing at the same time.

It's very playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    TBH i dont know the difference either, and ive been playing WoW since 06 lol.

Feel free to explain for us idiots.
    Phasing is used for quest lines that change the zone around you. Think like when you do something like the Garrison quest line in Warlords.

Sharding is use to create new instances of the zones you're in when the zone player limits are hit. You can also get Cross realm shards that do the same thing ( War mode in BfA does this).

People are calling it phasing when they should be saying they got transferred to a new shard.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2018-11-02 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Phasing is used for quest lines that change the zone around you. Think like when you do something like the Garrison quest line in Warlords.

Sharding is use to create new instances of the zones you're in when the zone player limits are hit. You can also get Cross realm shards that do the same thing ( War mode in BfA does this).

People are calling it phasing when they should be saying they got transferred to a new shard.
    Good to know!

Its all just an illusion guys, were not actually playing vanilla wow! were playing Legion!