Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    In my experience most people have been supportive of him and sympathetic with the plight he was forced into here; but it still doesn't feel good to hear the department/ip you're responsible for getting boo'd/dead silent applause even if ultimately it wasn't his decision.
    Yeah..also hurts as a fan to hear that as well.
    Because I love Diablo...and it hurts to see it.....like this.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    why?i would have asked them much more rude question.
    I would have asked "Given the nature of this announcement in comparison to the quality we normally expect from Blizzard, do you feel at all guilty for tricking people into spending $50 on a virtual ticket?"

Diablo is such a simplistic game it fits mobile well. I really don't see what the issue is here.

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    I would have asked "Given the nature of this announcement in comparison to the quality we normally expect from Blizzard, do you feel at all guilty for tricking people into spending $50 on a virtual ticket?"
    price went up, quality of rewards down, games down, updates down.

blizzard down the shitter.

is it the famous 3 now? EA/ubisoft/blizzard - we make money not games!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Diablo is such a simplistic game it fits mobile well. I really don't see what the issue is here.
    well 97% of people disagree with you, in this case being unique doesn't make you special, try again see why you're wrong.

I'd say I'd like to lick his balls in appreciation, but I don't think I could cover that much ground

it is a spit on the face.
    If this is not activision forcing them to put out this crap i do not what it is.
    blizzard making free to play micro transaction 0.99 game for smartphone?
    fuck their corporate greed.

if they simply remastrered d1 or d2 people would be going crazy there running to stage hugging those 2 but instead they get booed. what a fucking let down.
    it was worser than that steam card game announcement. fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I'd say I'd like to lick his balls in appreciation, but I don't think I could cover that much ground

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    it is a spit on the face.
    If this is not activision forcing them to put out this crap i do not what it is.
    blizzard making free to play micro transaction 0.99 game for smartphone?
    fuck their corporate greed.

if they simply remastrered d1 or d2 people would be going crazy there running to stage hugging those 2 but instead they get booed. what a fucking let down.
    it was worser than that steam card game announcement. fuck sake.
    I don't think it's corporate greed so much as corporate laziness. There's *TONS* of money in a real D4. It's just a whole lot harder to do well than a phone game.

Waste of a question slot.. If he planned on being ballsy far more in depth things he coulda asked.

I don't feel sorry for the devs what so ever they must not have loved Diablo much themselves to take pride in turning it into a joke phone game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenlogic View Post
    Also another question during Q/A: https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryHonest...goCoolStoryBob

Honestly pretty embarrassing that they actually do not get whats wrong with this picture.
    Well if it is for mobile it can be played through an android emulator. I have bluestacks on my PC to play mobile games when i want to play on a bigger screen with mouse and keyboard.
    So just do that, its free and very easy.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/02F13bm

This says everything that needs to be said about this "game"
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Yeah this is massively insulting to anyone who is even a mild fan of Diablo or ARPGs.

Looking forward to Warhammer: Chaosbane and Torchlight: Frontiers I guess...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel so bad for these devs. But honestly, nobody expected this, or wanted this. They had it coming.

When I worked in a call center, I did cable TV technical support. One day our management decided we were going to be forced to sell home security and had 15 minutes to research it before having to pitch it (mandatory) to every customer and make multiple sales in the next 48 hours or we'd be fired. I was nervous, had no fucking clue what I was doing or talking about, no knowledge of the product, got super defensive if people were like "wtf are you even talking about? Are you serious?," was on the verge of tears from the pressure, and all I knew was "my bosses are making me try to sell this crap or I'm out of a job."

That's how the D3 devs looked and acted. The product is outsourced reskinned garbage from Netease, which is all that company even does, those guys got thrown to the fucking wolves and told they had to force feed shit to the audience, and the audience just wasn't having it. It was super uncomfortable to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The game doesn't look as bad as people say it is, but yeah, there is a massive stigma surrounding mobile games, so I am not in the least bit surprised by the overwhelming negative reaction. I am still going to give it a shot and see if Blizzard can actually make a mobile game actually good and worthwhile (the controls of all the Diablo games should be simple enough to translate over to a mobile platform). Hopefully it does not have an awful monetization model, which is a massive issue among mobile games.

However, I am pretty puzzled by them not even considering porting the game to PC. It frankly should not be that hard to do, and if the game is actually decent it would be pretty neat to be able to play the game both at home and on the go. Frankly, they need to rethink that strategy if they want to give people any hope about the final product.
    You DO KNOW that it isn´t even made by Blizz, they outsourced it to the chinese company which is known for that type of games and they already made 10 which looked FUCKING EXACTLY like this so called "Diablo" game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    When I worked in a call center, I did cable TV technical support. One day our management decided we were going to be forced to sell home security and had 15 minutes to research it before having to pitch it (mandatory) to every customer and make multiple sales in the next 48 hours or we'd be fired. I was nervous, had no fucking clue what I was doing or talking about, no knowledge of the product, got super defensive if people were like "wtf are you even talking about? Are you serious?," was on the verge of tears from the pressure, and all I knew was "my bosses are making me try to sell this crap or I'm out of a job."

That's how the D3 devs looked and acted. The product is outsourced reskinned garbage from Netease, which is all that company even does, those guys got thrown to the fucking wolves and told they had to force feed shit to the audience, and the audience just wasn't having it. It was super uncomfortable to watch.
    As I mentioned earlier on I feel super bad for the devs. They did not deserve this, but at the same time, what the fuck did they expect.
    I am surprised no one screamed boo during the presentation. Seriously as someone who suffers from anxiety & depression with a weak heart, I would have passed out shitless if I had to do that, would never have wished that for my worst enemy except the guy that said, hey we should do this.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Yeah they did

The questions are pre screened and he went off script
    So, he had a good question that was easy for them to answer. They announce an atrocity, and he has an even better (and simpler) question? Seems like the guy is a fan of their work and it voicing his opinion in the best way possible, for the Blizzard fan base to see.

I don't think a single person thinks he was wrong for calling their shit.

I'll wait for someone to find his Twitter, and if he truly was kicked out, it goes to show the current Blizzard team literally has *ZERO* understanding of what people want.

Diablo Immortal. When a gaming company wants to chase handheld microtransaction dollars and not respect the fans and legacy of the franchise.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    As I mentioned earlier on I feel super bad for the devs. They did not deserve this, but at the same time, what the fuck did they expect.
    I am surprised no one screamed boo during the presentation. Seriously as someone who suffers from anxiety & depression with a weak heart, I would have passed out shitless if I had to do that, would never have wished that for my worst enemy except the guy that said, hey we should do this.
    This, so much.

I was in pain during the stream and it's still painful to watch those clips. Particularly the booing when they say there's no plan of bringing it to PC.
    The devs just go fully defensive and you can see it. Not sure if because, like you said, they were thrown to the wolves, or because they really don't realize why the fans were unhappy. Regardless, props to them for keeping it together overall. Think it's the first time I've heard serious booing at Blizzcon.

Another one painfull to see, saw it on the announcement twitter thread - not sure if it's taken "out of context":
    https://imgur.com/a/02F13bm

I think the main issue is that they made it a big announcement. I don't think anyone would have been so disappointed if they made it clear this is just a spin-off side-project, and reminded everyone that they are working on main Diablo projects but they aren't ready to announce them yet.

I mean I speak for myself, I don't mind it at all, even if I never play it at all. But it's still a sour taste when it's been so long without anything new in the Diablo franchise. Honestly I was expecting at least a Diablo 1 or Diablo 2 remaster announcement or at least teaser, even if still far away.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2018-11-03 at 03:29 AM.