Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If I could put my tinfoil hat on, I'd suppose that Mike Morhaime was in on the discussions where it was said, "This is going to be wildly unpopular, people are going to hate it, but it's going to make a ton of money in the end. This is what we're doing," and Mike thought to himself, "It makes sense, it's business, this is going to happen whether I like it or not, let me just walk out now and preserve my legacy."

I wonder if that's how it went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    How did this happen then?
    https://i.imgur.com/jELUegZ.gifv
    Not sure but it's definitely not the video being re-uploaded. 220k dislikes in under 1 minute is unlikely to say the least
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    How did this happen then?
    https://i.imgur.com/jELUegZ.gifv
    It's your contention that someone went in and manually deleted only 80k of 300k in the span of a refresh? I don't think you comprehend the implication of a youtube user being able to modify their own up/downvotes. More likely is that the youtube algorithm saw the video was getting spammed with downvotes and filtered them. You know, because bots are a thing.

Besides, if Blizzard was deleting them, why wouldn't they delete them all? Or hide them entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Two counter points:

First, its a trailer. That is the entire point of a trailer. To put the games best foot forward to entice interest and hype. That is how all trailers in the history of trailers work. That is their reason for being. Its to get a reaction. Good or bad. If the trailer is not hyping it up or getting interesting, there are two reasons that could be. The first reason is that the trailer is just bad and doesn't convey anything meaningful to help the product get hype. The second reason is that the product itself is just bad. In which case, no trailers will help it.

Second, the D3 creators are doing the classic blizz move. Discrediting anything bad that goes against their opinion as "blind hate". They sit there and say ambiguous statements like "for whatever reason, they hate it. I just don't know why!". Read the comments instead of deleting them and it would become clear what the reasons are. The only ones blind in this scenario are the devs sticking their heads in the ground and ignoring whats going on.

To the point of them deleting dislikes and negative comments, like others said, it will back fire massively on them. People already know its not wanted. They already know its extreme dislike and disdain. They see things shedding a negative light on it and they will pick it up and run with it. Further slamming Blizzard and hurting this game. They need to let things be and take their own, natural course.
    The reason they hate it is simple and no value is collected from it. They feel entitled to a new game that appeals to them - despite a video & post saying not to expect anything big. Then they get an underwhelming mobile game and rage. There is no valuable feedback except from maybe the 1-2k people who've played it like me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    You do realize a Chinese company called Netease is working on it? It's a literal reskin of Crusaders of Light. It deserves all the hate it receives because of how low Blizz went with this. It'll be riddled with microtransactions, nothing good will come out of it. It was made purely as a cash grab.
    Baseless claims with no proof? Awesome. I'll keep that in mind.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    They can't delete dislikes themselves. Without re-uploading they aren't able to do anything but hide the like/dislike amount.

Also, they are indie-devs, cut them some slack.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sorry, but are people really suggesting that Youtube would give its users the ability to delete dislikes? Seriously?
    Yes, if you have tons of money.

Archive:

http://archive.is/baZ3Q (3 Nov. 2018 20:31:41 UTC)

Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181103...?v=RtSmAwpVHsA (Sat, 03 Nov 2018 19:29:50 GMT)

Likescounter:

http://likescounter.com/?vidid=RtSmAwpVHsA#

Official video NOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA

Archive post-dislikes modified:

http://archive.is/bTxOL (3 Nov. 2018 23:50:45 UTC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarnen View Post
    Yes, if you have tons of money.
    If they're paying youtube to delete dislikes then they're doing a pretty shitty job, considering the current like to dislike ratio is about 1:300.

Especially when they could just disable comments and hide the like/dislike ratio.

Sometimes when you're coming up with conspiracy theories, you need to take a step back and think about if what you're saying actually makes any sense and if there isn't a more simple explanation for what might have happened.

Deleted
    How? They're not allowed to do that. Google is very strict on deleting bad reviews and such. How come Blizzard gets away with it?

Deleted
    Honestly, the Diablo Immortal is a great idea, as long as they focus their gains om Diablo 3 & 4

The bigger the audience the better the content,

I Hope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sorry, but are people really suggesting that Youtube would give its users the ability to delete dislikes? Seriously?
    It's possible, Google is very strict but it is possible in some cases. Blizzard seems to have found a way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It's possible, Google is very strict but it is possible in some cases. Blizzard seems to have found a way.
    And that way is to pay google to delete a small fraction of dislikes rather than just hiding like/dislike ratio for free?

Brilliant.

And here I thought blizzard community is more matured than the rest of the gamers.
    Nope, whiny bitches every where.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

How? They're not allowed to do that. Google is very strict on deleting bad reviews and such. How come Blizzard gets away with it?
    Seems logical they don't.. They don't need the extra negative press do they? And why would Google allow it, it would just make them look bad and gain them nothing and losing advertisers..

More likely the missing down votes come from:
    - removed bot votes
    - removed votes of people who only voted and didn't watch (enough of) the video.

Ans why not adjust the likes? The dislikes are far more then the likes even with the "removed" dislikes, if this is damage control it's done poorly.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I mean it makes sense. People are just dislike bombing content they haven't played or even seen purely based on a gut reaction. It makes their game look like it is bad, not just rabid fanboys enraged.

I'm actually at the con, and like many of the D3 content creators have said, the idea of a mobile game feels weird but it looks, feels, and plays like a Diablo game. It doesn't deserve the blind hate it gets for whatever reason.
    the reason is simple - as mobile game it will be nothing but unplayable trash unless you gonna invest hundreds of dollars .

my best bet for now ? pots and scrolls limited daily and bundless for 5/10/25/50 $$$ to buy in shop

this is how mobile games operate

No wonder chris and mike left if they was told to pitch this stuff they was like ermm not going deal and clean up this mess

The trailer was great. Just a shame about the annoucement on what it was for...
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

lots and lots of $$$$

yes they wont delete dislikes for anonymus johny232423

but for company willing to pay them 1-5 mln dollar just to hide bad reviews ? ofc they would do it. and they clearly are doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    For anybody who forgot, this is what the crowd wanted, and the reception Blizzard would have received if they had dedicated their efforts toward the core Diablo audience.

Indeed, now thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    For anybody who forgot, this is what the crowd wanted, and the reception Blizzard would have received if they had dedicated their efforts toward the core Diablo audience.

WoW, this looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    And here I thought blizzard community is more matured than the rest of the gamers.
    Nope, whiny bitches every where.
    The only bitches are the shills defending blizzard's rush to become the next EA

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lots and lots of $$$$

yes they wont delete dislikes for anonymus johny232423

but for company willing to pay them 1-5 mln dollar just to hide bad reviews ? ofc they would do it. and they clearly are doing it
    Lol, yeah buddy. Blizzard is paying Youtube millions of dollars to delete a fraction of the negative comments... instead of just hitting the disable comments feature available for free on every youtube video in existence.