10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    He's already blaming Paul Ryan for losing the House.
    I do recall seeing a headline of Trump being furious with Ryan about something, but I didn't read it.

I'll have to check it out.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. We were never going to win the Senate. It actually looks like the GOP could pick up a few seats. Doesn't matter. One side at a time.
    One or two seats from 2016 which will no doubt be trumpeted as a major victory. However, the reality is that they've won 8 races so far tonight in the Senate. Democrats won 21. Had Republicans not received a really favorable start, both chambers would be flipping tonight. They really should be scared in 2020 and beyond as they have over 30 seats coming up in the next 4 years.

Republicans lost the house and lost a lot of Governor's mansions. I don't think anyone with any honesty can call this anything but a wave that was stymied only by a favorite calendar in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    The thing that Democrats have really lost tonight is probably another 1 or 2 Supreme Court Seats.
    They weren't favored to win the seat to began with...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Sorry, I know it's late and I need to get some sleep as well
    Only 8:30 in Seattle... west coast is the best coast! No spoilers!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

First things first. The House is the pulse of the people since they're elected every two years. So start with that.

So in 2020 if things stay as they are when 20 republicans and only 8 democrats are up for election, the democrats should pickup everything.

The thing that Democrats have really lost tonight is probably another 1 or 2 Supreme Court Seats.
    Nah. You only need 51 in the senate to seat one, next time they get in power they just pack the court and add 2 more seats

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I've always felt sorry for you folks over there. By the time they start showing your results the election is pretty much over.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    OT, what does taking the house actually mean for Dems? That they can just block anything Trump tries to put through? What can they do in terms of actually improving the livelihoods of working class and underrepresented people in this country?
    Well the old turtle isn't going to be able to pull off his attack on social security and he won't be able to do anymore tax scams.

As for what they can really do to help that will be limited unless they happen to be the last person to talk to trump on any given day. The reality is the old turtle is not going to cooperate with democrats, just as he was so proud to block Obama, so we probably won't see anything getting done for the next 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Ok, but you got to do something about that Washington 3rd district. It's ruining the coastline.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They weren't favored to win the seat to began with...
    Well the Republicans weren't favored in the House to being with, so by that logic I guess they didn't lose in the House either.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Nah. You only need 51 in the senate to seat one, next time they get in power they just pack the court and add 2 more seats
    Winning the senate was a long shot and republicans are on the defense in 2020 with Trump. I don't wish that on my worse enemy.

Well the Republicans weren't favored in the House to being with, so by that logic I guess they didn't lose in the House either.
    I know so what's ur point... They did lose the house though. The dems never had the senate to begin with the republicans did have control of the house by comparison. There were a lot dems up for relection as well. Nice try m8.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That may be, but the Dems are losing seats they were expected to hold in the senate such as Florida and Indiana. There were hopefuls for Tennessee as well. Furthermore they've lost Missouri which was expected to be a lot closer and are losing in Arizona.

These are undoubtedly sub-par results for the "Blue Wave" which while it's likely will take the House, will probably also be facing a slim majority there as well.
    Lol whatever makes you feel better. The Blue Wave was always expected to be House only - the Senate was only a dream. Beto would have been nice. The Deplorables got their asses kicked.

The GOP had the most biased election map possible - I think it was reported that it hasn't been this lopsided ever. So of course the GOP kept the Senate - duh - but the map for 2020 will be MUCH better for the DNC. Let's take the White House back while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "The majority of the American people rejected me, again, clearly I am the winner!" - Trump, apparently. Not a smart man.

Dems projected to retake House majority and make Trump's life a living hell

The Democrats’ victory transforms the levers of influence in what had been a GOP-controlled Washington, splitting power between the two congressional chambers and guaranteeing that next year will be largely dominated by House investigations into the scandal-plagued Trump administration.

Meantime, Democrats are celebrating the opportunity to wield powerful committee gavels — many with the authority to issue subpoenas and compel testimony — as they prepare to launch promised investigations into potential administrative malfeasance on issues as varied as executive travel, corporate conflicts of interest and family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border.

A key component of the Democrats’ spare campaign message this year was a promise to conduct the oversight of the executive branch they contend Republicans have neglected since Trump took office. And the energized voters who just delivered Democrats the majority will expect them to follow through.

They appear poised to do just that.

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), who’s slated to become chairman of the Intelligence Committee, has vowed to refocus the panel’s efforts on Trump’s financial ties with Russia.

Liberal Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), poised to become chairman of the Natural Resources Committee, is sure to cause headaches for Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who’s under investigation by the Justice Department for past business deals.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (Miss.), senior Democrat on the Homeland Security Committee, wants to delve into election security and the financial logic of the president’s promised border wall.

And the next chairmen of the Judiciary and Oversight committees, Reps. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), are expected to reissue dozens of subpoenas to Trump officials that previously have been ignored. Cummings has said there are so many different areas of the Trump administration he wants to investigate, he doesn’t know where he’ll start.

“There’s so much,” Cummings previously told The Hill.

--------------------------------

I hope that cocksucker Devin Nunes gets the shits tonight...
    You forgot Maxine Waters who would chair The House Financial Services Committee. She would have subpoena power on Trump's finances.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

That may be, but the Dems are losing seats they were expected to hold in the senate such as Florida and Indiana. There were hopefuls for Tennessee as well. Furthermore they've lost Missouri which was expected to be a lot closer and are losing in Arizona.

These are undoubtedly sub-par results for the "Blue Wave" which while it's likely will take the House, will probably also be facing a slim majority there as well.
    Florida is still being decided, and nobody expected Donnelly to win. He was up by .7 only because of one Fox poll that was a massive outlier.

And no, it's not "subpar" when Democrats literally had more votes versus Republicans than any year other than 2008. Anyone trying to say this isn't an uprising of Democrats is being intellectually dishonest at their core.

Huh? Every seat in the House is open every 2 years.

Did you really expect anything else from our president of lies?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol ok Mr. No Blue Wave - whatever makes you feel better. The Dems kicked some ass tonight, and Trump is going to have a hot poker up his ass for the next two years.