Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Anyone else numb to the outcome of Sylv vs Saurfang?

Honestly at this point I'm not deeply attached to either character.

Sylv's burned children alive in Teldrassil, I don't really care what her reasoning or justification is for that, it's weak and villainbat-y.

Saurfang needed Anduin to get him to take action, when he could've just left when Rokhan and the others were there, but not gone with them.

Regardless of what happens with them, the Horde was still complicit in burning Teldrassil and I feel they ruined the WC3 arc and the Horde's 'theme' of "Monster races but not pure evil, there's more to them than that." between what they did with Garrosh and WoD ("DRAENOR IS FREE..." fiasco), and now Sylv

Is anyone else just... done?
    Twas brillig

I still care about Sylvanas, personally. But I also still held affection Garrosh, Kael'thas, Illidan etc even after their characters were mutilated. I guess I'm just one of those guys that prefers to remember them for the good times. Blizzard's current treatment of Sylvanas's doesn't make me hate her, it just makes me hate Blizzard.

Though I will say I've pretty much given up on the Horde. This faction is well and truly lost.
    Last edited by ello; 2018-11-11 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    I re-rolled UD>gnome.
    So done with the horde story.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    If you are WC3 fan, the best option is to quit. Oh sorry, they are going to change WC3 as well. So if you are a warcraft fan, the best option is to quit.
    No Warcraft 1/2 remaster coming -> play them for your untainted Warcraft :P

I prefer the Gallywix vs Mekkatorque conflict. It's a lot more nuanced and interesting.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Who's still paying attention to Z movie stuff like WC lore?

Absolutely. I feel like the lore progression is so one-dimensional in WoW that I have grown completely detached from the characters that I loved in W3.

Only thing they've managed to do is make me feel indifferent. I know they're making a point of how we're supposed to wait for Horde's story to get to the high point and all, but by the time it gets there everyone will already be tired of it. It's just too similar to SOO to be anything but frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Only thing they've managed to do is make me feel indifferent. I know they're making a point of how we're supposed to wait for Horde's story to get to the high point and all, but by the time it gets there everyone will already be tired of it. It's just too similar to SOO to be anything but frustrating.
    Blizzard took "There is no bad fame, its important that they are talking about us" to extreme with BFA. Like more people than ever calls story trash, yet they think its great because its "controversial".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Blizzard took "There is no bad fame, its important that they are talking about us" to extreme with BFA. Like more people than ever calls story trash, yet they think its great because its "controversial".
    "Those are the hAtErZ. You have to surround yourself with positive people!"

"Those are the hAtErZ. You have to surround yourself with positive people!"
    "Are we out of touch? No, it's the players who are wrong."
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yeah, pretty disillusioned. While she's still leagues more interesting than Saurfang (which doesn't say much), they're obviously beating Sylvanas with the villain bat Negan-style as they did with Garrosh, so right now I'm pretty bored of the story as it stands.

But who knows - maybe they'll do a total 180 that totally blindsides me and makes me care about it, but until then I remain unenthusiastic.

(Still excited to see Nazjatar, N'Zoth and Ny'alotha, though)

- - - Updated - - -

If you are WC3 fan, the best option is to quit. Oh sorry, they are going to change WC3 as well. So if you are a warcraft fan, the best option is to quit.
    Classic Warcraft 3 will remain unchanged.

Do you even have any interest in this franchise anymore? All you do on these threads is complain.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-11 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    "Are we out of touch? No, it's the players who are wrong."
    Now we're just missing "You think you don't like the story, but you actually do" for ultimate memeing.

Now we're just missing "You think you don't like the story, but you actually do" for ultimate memeing.
    Do we throw in "Don't you guys have phones?" for good measure?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Might as well throw it in there. It's not like they have to make sense!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    "Don't you guys have PHD in writing ?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Either way we're fucked, aye.

But I feel less fucked with Sylvanas. At least she's not Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    No Warcraft 1/2 remaster coming -> play them for your untainted Warcraft :P
    Play the original WC3, I know I am. I've only finished the campaign twice (more than a decade ago) and yesterday I started my third run, I'm not even doing it because of the remaster either, I'm doing it because Classic is coming out.

I'll play Reforged, but if they change the lore I'll just consider it fanfic at best. I'll always have the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Honestly at this point I'm not deeply attached to either character.

Sylv's burned children alive in Teldrassil, I don't really care what her reasoning or justification is for that, it's weak and villainbat-y.

Saurfang needed Anduin to get him to take action, when he could've just left when Rokhan and the others were there, but not gone with them.

Regardless of what happens with them, the Horde was still complicit in burning Teldrassil and I feel they ruined the WC3 arc and the Horde's 'theme' of "Monster races but not pure evil, there's more to them than that." between what they did with Garrosh and WoD ("DRAENOR IS FREE..." fiasco), and now Sylv

Is anyone else just... done?
    I have been disappointed in the story since the start. It isn't so much the Slyvanas vs Saurfang conflict is boring, it's that they are telling it in the most simplistic way possible. The could have made a epic story based on the difference in command styles, different objectives, different motivations while keep almost all the themes going. Instead they fell into their old tropes, and that has hurt both characters.

I'm not done. I'm just waiting to see where the story goes from here. Consider me curious.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?