Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    A guy he mistook for the shooter. He didn't intentionally shoot an armed security guard. The shooting wasn't the accident, nor is what the cop did wrong. Who was shot was the accident and where the cop fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Accidentally shot an armed security guard instead of the shooter.
    Again, accident requires there to be no intent. He intended to fire the gun. That is not an accident. The word you are looking for is "mistake"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

As this thread goes on, it gets pretty amazing to what lengths people go to find excuses and/or blame the victim.
    And, well, some just more or less sh.., ahem, post something without even reading the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post

This isn't an example of police brutality, but please feel free to contribute nothing to the conversation
    And here I was thinking murder is a brutal act, thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I’m not trying to be “edgy”, what gives you the impression I am. And what have I said that is in any way contradicted by the info in the op?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no more info than is offered in the op, how can I ignore info that hasn’t been provided?
    Because it came up in the damn thread. And then i asked now what is your stance.

Here's a fucking quote:

Witnesses said security had asked several drunk men to leave the bar, and at least one person returned and opened fire, CNN affiliate WGN reported. A bartender was among those victims, according to the lawsuit.
    After that shooting, Roberson "had somebody on the ground ... with his knee in back, with his gun in his back like, 'Don't move,' " Adam Harris, a witness, told WGN.
    The officer responding to the scene then fired at Roberson, the TV station reported, citing witnesses.
    "We all yelled. 'He's a security. He's a security,' and without ... giving any thought, they shot him," Harris told the station. "The vest said security as well ... and they shot him in the side."

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What are you basing this delusion on?

Crystal meth?

- - - Updated - - -

Could you explain the accidental part in this sorry story of incompetence?
    Basing it on police incompetence. Thought that was obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The man wasn't inexperienced, he wasn't a rookie. So your extrapolation has zero basis in reality. Meanwhile, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of studies regarding my extrapolation.
    An experienced officer doesn't shoot someone when everyone is saying he is a security guard. He may be experienced in other areas, but not this one. It's really not hard to realize that we have different opinions and that as of now, neither one of us can prove correct or incorrect until more information is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet ten bucks all the murderer gets is paid administrative leave and a slap on the wrist before they're unleashed back out into the wild. Can't wait for the usual suspects to twist themselves into pretzels to justify this one, too.

Rest in peace, fuck your thoughts and prayers, and we need a nationwide effort to actually give the police training that doesn't amount to "here's the rules of engagement: a dead suspect can't sue."
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I just don't know how you guys even leave your house down there. Never mind, I remember the story of the guy getting shot by police while drinking in his garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Again, accident requires there to be no intent. He intended to fire the gun. That is not an accident. The word you are looking for is "mistake"
    Yes, thank you for clarifying. If you focus only on the cop, it’s a mistake. The whole situation was an accident.

Drinking & driving is a mistake. The outcome can be an accident. The person intended to drink, then intended to drive but the outcome of the whole scenario is an accident.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Bet ten bucks all the murderer gets is paid administrative leave and a slap on the wrist before they're unleashed back out into the wild. Can't wait for the usual suspects to twist themselves into pretzels to justify this one, too.

Rest in peace, fuck your thoughts and prayers, and we need a nationwide effort to actually give the police training that doesn't amount to "here's the rules of engagement: a dead suspect can't sue."
    This should be manslaughter, not murder.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2018-11-15 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I just don't know how you guys even leave your house down there. Never mind, I remember the story of the guy getting shot by police while drinking in his garage.
    It's not a common occurrence, in fact you are more likely to get struck by lightning. It's just one of those things where the media plants in people's brains this notion that "the cops are killing everyone!" by sensationalizing these stories so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It's not a common occurrence, in fact you are more likely to get struck by lightning. It's just one of those things where the media plants in people's brains this notion that "the cops are killing everyone!" by sensationalizing these stories so much.
    Cops shouldn’t be killing anyone. The fact it happens several times a year when it should maybe only happen once every several years is absurd. Additionally the conditions in which they happen show extreme negligence and since they don’t face any repercussions makes it even more ridiculous. they deserve to dragged through the mud until it changes.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2018-11-15 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you consider any of that a “ridiculous tirade” you need English lessons.
    Lol... makes pointless posts cause he can't read properly and says others need english lessons. Well... sure, after you take your reading lessons. ^^

You sure love to waste time. We don't really have a disgreement. I just recognise why it happens. Yet, you insist one having a fit. Very well... you may have it by yourself now.

Yes, thank you for clarifying. If you focus only on the cop, it’s a mistake. The whole situation was an accident.

Drinking & driving is a mistake. The outcome can be an accident. The person intended to drink, then intended to drive but the outcome of the whole scenario is an accident.
    But there was nothing accidental about this.

Put it this way. If you intentionally drive your car into another human being and then say "Oh, That wasn't the human being I was trying to run over"...it isn't an accident. You were intending to run someone over with your car...it just so happened that you hit the wrong person. Same situation here. The cop was fully aware of what he was doing. He intended to shoot another human being...he thought he was shooting at the suspect...but he was wrong. That's an error....not an accident.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    How about you read the first post instead of asking people to explain it to you.
    lol... it doesnt say why he was holding a gun...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Vandal View Post
    If I was a minority in the USA I would legit be more afraid or disgusted by the police force than by say some terrorists
    If I were a part of a minority in the USA I'd move to another fucking country, preferably a Scandinavian one. America's police is a fucking joke.

Cops shouldn’t be killing anyone. The fact it happens several times a year when it should maybe only happen once every several years is absurd. Additionally the conditions in which they happen show extreme negligence and since they don’t face any repercussions makes it even more ridiculous. they deserve to dragged through the mud until it changes.
    Really no crimes should ever happen, but unfortunately that's a part of human nature. Whether it's a cop being in a dangerous situation, or just being reckless, or being crooked, this type of thing is going to happen at times. The way the news has handled it has been irresponsibe though, don't get me wrong, in a situation where the cop is proven to be in the wrong it should be publicized but we see all too often the news will jump in with a racial slant, skewing public opinion of these cases with no reason outside of advancing their own agenda.

"Dragging through the mud" doesn't really help. In fact it seems pretty clear in some cases it makes people a lot more erratic in situations where they don't need to be along with creating other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    a guy with a gun is never a good guy. its always a threat.

edit: how fuckin stupid. police comes because there is a shootist. guy that knows about the shootist and the police coming inc stands there , at the crime scene. holding a gun. wonders in heaven why he got shot at. how fucking stupid.
    Threads like this always seem to bring out the very lowest tiers of the internet to come out and shitpost.

Let's be real here. Do you actually care about this thread or its topic, or were you just hoping to bait responses?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That’s like just straight up dumb “cops should kill innocent people with guns because it’s a gun”. It’s lke saying a homeowner holding a violent thief at gun point until cops come should be killed.
    Well yeah, he's holding a gun.
    RIP.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

the old comedy movies Police Academy with Leslie Nielsen had more serious cops than the today's USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're saying pretty much exactly what I feel about this.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just false. I see what you're saying here, but saying that everyone with a gun is a bad guy is fucking moronic.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy was a bouncer at a nightclub. Most bouncers don't wear any kind of uniform. Unless shirts two sizes too small and a goatee are considered a uniform.
    Good guy with a gun and bad guy with a gun look identical to everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    lol... it doesnt say why he was holding a gun...
    I will give you 3 alternatives.

1. He was on his way out to shoot some strawberries.

2. It was a hat shaped like a gun that he snatched up at London's Fashion Week.

3. Guy returns with gun to club and fires shots, armed bouncer restrains him

Only one of those is the correct answer and it is also the first sentence in OPs post.