Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Post I hate Sylvanas. She's overrated dull Character.

Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences, She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot that I hope she gets killed so that Horde can go back to its old roots. The Real Roots of the Horde. Not this Fan Service Character that gets all the spotlight while the rest of the horde ether doesn't the get the spotlight or just standing in the background doing nothing.

Sooner we kill Banshee Sue the better WoW can go back to its old roots of having a Great Horde Faction again.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences, She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot that I hope she gets killed so that Horde can go back to its old roots. The Real Roots of the Horde. Not this Fan Service Character that gets all the spotlight while the rest of the horde ether doesn't the get the spotlight or just standing in the background doing nothing.

Sooner we kill Banshee Sue the better WoW can go back to its old roots of having a Great Horde Faction again.
    If you hate her because of the actions she's taken (i.e. "She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot"), than she has an effective character design.

Wow! A completely new perspective that totally needed to be created!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    She has no mortal code
    Of course not, shes dead.

Lionknight is back boys, release the high elves memes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Lionknight is back boys, release the high elves memes!
    I'm back and Still to this very day. You people are still the same as last time.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Not sure what you are hoping to accomplish with this kind of thread. This topic has been beaten to death in almost every other lore thread, so you'll only attract more negativity by creating a new one without any spin on the debate.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Her worst crime of all? Preventing playable high elves by getting blood elves into the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea anduin pulling an in combat mass rez out of his ass .... no mary sue there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Her worst crime of all? Preventing playable high elves by getting blood elves into the Horde
    blood elves are high elves get over it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    blood elves are high elves get over it
    joke

your head
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is an existing megathread for the High Elf debate - let's keep it there and not pollute other threads/forums with it. Thanks.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    If you hate her because of the actions she's taken (i.e. "She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot"), than she has an effective character design.
    I think there's a difference between hating her and the actions she takes within the context of the story, and hating the way in which she's written poorly. I believe the OP is referring to the latter, but I could be wrong.

What I hate is that she the archetypical "infallible sassy female assassin" cliche.
    I hate that she does these villainous things but the story treats her like a fucking hero. That's starting to change but I assume Blizzard has some contrived twist up their sleeve that's going to reveal that Sylvanus was actually the goodest guy all along.
    I hate that Garrosh was immediately kicked out for being a meanie to the troll who had been antagonising him from day one, while the Horde is mostly blindly following Sylvanus after she repeatedly started wars for no/selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wow! A completely new perspective that totally needed to be created!
    No one forced you to read it. Don't like it? Keep scrolling.

I don't know why people find her sexy. Her face is old!

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    What I hate is that she the archetypical "infallible sassy female assassin" cliche.
    I hate that she does these villainous things but the story treats her like a fucking hero. That's starting to change but I assume Blizzard has some contrived twist up their sleeve that's going to reveal that Sylvanus was actually the goodest guy all along.
    I hate that Garrosh was immediately kicked out for being a meanie to the troll who had been antagonising him from day one, while the Horde is mostly blindly following Sylvanus after she repeatedly started wars for no/selfish reasons.

No one forced you to read it. Don't like it? Keep scrolling.
    He didn't add anything that hasn't been beaten to death in the thousands of threads created already. Why isn't this thread removed for being spam/trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is an existing megathread for the High Elf debate - let's keep it there and not pollute other threads/forums with it. Thanks.
    we might also need a sylvanas megathread XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    we might also need a sylvanas megathread XD
    At his point we need a horde, alliance, Saurfang, Anduin and Jaina megathread and someplace to lock out the helves fans with that weirdo rp alleria guy

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-19 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think you're wrong.

Though her writing saw better days, she still remains the most interesting character in the lore. That ofc is personal preference, but hey that didnt stop you either. I hope Blizzard is not taking the safe route and kills her off... again. Even if she goes full on villain, charismatic villains are the essence of a story. Just think of Batman without the Joker. Getting rid of her just to please a bunch of sweet tempered peace loving wimps collecting herbs to lvl up, wouldnt bring back "the old days" where there wasnt really much of a conflict at all. This tame Horde vs. Alliance war needed fresh blood, controversy and a touch of intrigue to actually distinguish the Horde from being just green-skinned Alliance. This is World of Warcraft after all, not World of Occasional Skirmishes - Battle for Ethics.

Obviously opinions differ, but for me it feels good to be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    Well, I think you're wrong.

Though her writing saw better days, she still remains the most interesting character in the lore. That ofc is personal preference, but hey that didnt stop you either. I hope Blizzard is not taking the safe route and kills her off... again. Even if she goes full on villain, charismatic villains are the essence of a story. Just think of Batman without the Joker. Getting rid of her just to please a bunch of sweet tempered peace loving wimps collecting herbs to lvl up, wouldnt bring back "the old days" where there wasnt really much of a conflict at all. This tame Horde vs. Alliance war needed fresh blood, controversy and a touch of intrigue to actually distinguish the Horde from being just green-skinned Alliance. This is World of Warcraft after all, not World of Occasional Skirmishes - Battle for Ethics.

Obviously opinions differ, but for me it feels good to be bad.
    Most interesting character in lore?

She is a female version of the Lich King who tries to pretend she is better than she really is...she couldn't be much more one dimensional than she is now...she is a saturday morning cartoon villain without the mustache to twirl.

There is nothing interesting about her unless you're obsessed with mindless slaughter...or well lets be honest here...we know what most of her fans are obsessed with!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Most interesting character in lore?

She is a female version of the Lich King who tries to pretend she is better than she really is...she couldn't be much more one dimensional than she is now...she is a saturday morning cartoon villain without the mustache to twirl.

There is nothing interesting about her unless you're obsessed with mindless slaughter...or well lets be honest here...we know what most of her fans are obsessed with!
    with how upset people like you are over her?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol