Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    D3's combat engine is a marvel of software engineering when you step back, watch what's going on in a fight and start thinking about all the graphic and math calculations going on at once. It's one of the best things I've ever seen. I've always wished there was a more old-style ARPG design to go with it.
    Say what you will about D3. Actually going around, killing shit...seeing and HEARING items drop.. They got all the aesthetics down.

To this day it is STILL satisfying to hear the Legendary item drop noise....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    Well blizz basicly said that they shifted their "best developers" to mobile project

RIP Diablo 4
    Many of their best developers. Not most, not all, many.

As long as Diablo 4 is darker than Diablo 3 idc. Diablo 3 was too happy campy fun time for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    D4 is guaranteed to be filled with microtransactions if it gets made.

Ironically, this comes to mind- You Think You Do, But You Don't™
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-11-17 at 03:47 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    D4 is guaranteed to be filled with microtransactions if it gets made.

Ironically, this comes to mind- You Think You Do, But You Don't™
    Several years ago, I'd say you're crazy!..

But actually you're likely correct. Activision baby.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you honestly don't think they put all the best devs on mobile and left pc with mediocre ones do you ?
    well yeah, thats pretty much exactly what they said.

D3's combat engine is a marvel of software engineering when you step back, watch what's going on in a fight and start thinking about all the graphic and math calculations going on at once. It's one of the best things I've ever seen. I've always wished there was a more old-style ARPG design to go with it.
    This is what I love about diablo 3 the most. Is the classes, class abilities and the rotation of using those abilities similar to wow. The only thing I would wish them to do is make the world in diablo4 more of a large open world like an mmo world.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    well yeah, thats pretty much exactly what they said.
    Yeah. cause a company saying "Our best developers" mean its only the best right. They call all their devs the best. You think they would say something like "We put some developers over to mobile, including dave, he sucks at coding for pc, but he is capable for mobile"

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Yeah. cause a company saying "Our best developers" mean its only the best right. They call all their devs the best. You think they would say something like "We put some developers over to mobile, including dave, he sucks at coding for pc, but he is capable for mobile"
    Well Wyatt Cheng is on the mobile game who was lead on diablo 3 after Jay Wilson was fired.

So the current lead diablo guy is focusing on mobile.

But keep pretending like its business as usual as blizzard outsource a game to china and continue to focus on micro transactions in all their games

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I will always believe that D3 WAS salvageable. The engine and the gameplay are amazing. The problem is character progression and poor endgame for the players and lack of monetization options (and a game poorly built for customization options to matter so you can monetize them) for the company.
    They should have went with a subscription model or in-game shop option and constantly push out new content in forms of new classes, new dungeon layouts, bosses etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well Wyatt Cheng is on the mobile game who was lead on diablo 3 after Jay Wilson was fired.

So the current lead diablo guy is focusing on mobile.

But keep pretending like its business as usual as blizzard outsource a game to china and continue to focus on micro transactions in all their games
    But it is business as usual for a company who's main goal is to earn money to expand to a market that holds 51% of the gaming revenue and microtransactions is not just accepted, its expected

Don't get me wrong. I hate blizzard for what they did on this Blizzcon, i hate that they made a mobile game and i strongly hope it fails. I hate that they let diablo 3 die.

But i don't think them putting devs on mobile is the final nail in the coffin. They said they are working on a new game and content for D3. Now we just have to wait and see what that is. If that content is failing hard aswell, then we can start talking about the final nail for the diablo franchise
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2018-11-18 at 07:25 PM.

Agree. Ultimately it falls short for the same exact reason - when there's too much aoe = calculations everything lags to the point servers are impacted; though it's more a problem due to the gameplay shortages (aoe being king of everything) and incredibly useless and inane power creep (=huge numbers that are just a pain to manage).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No for sure, when PoE was new I had my issues with it. It's obviously come a long way though and I'm happy to see the rather large influx of players it seems to have attracted recently. It really deserves a solid chance from everyone who enjoys ARPGs at all!
    Yeah, the major issues right now are a) the pile of mechanics put on top of each other that make everything more complex at start and for new players is really confusing and b) economy is just borked due to years of inflation and people farming currencies; new leagues are just better since everyone starts form scratch, but experienced players are just so fast and efficient that economy slowly devolves.

If anything, i'd just recommend new players to play SSF, while being harder is just more streamlined and "easier" to dabble with and understand the game mechanics.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    That's fine. No money from me to you then, Activision. I'll take my custom elsewhere. That's fine by me. More savings.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    That's fine. No money from me to you then, Activision. I'll take my custom elsewhere. That's fine by me. More savings.
    http://pathofexile.com/

You can even play the entire game for free!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah well that's the usual way of doing things. If a company doesn't make a good product, don't support them. Blizzard just was the exception, because their quality used to be out of the park every time. Now Act-Blizz needs to prove they are worth our money like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wonder when the "news for PC players later this year" will happen.

There's what...6 weeks left of this year?
    Interesting. New Year's Eve announcement?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    http://pathofexile.com/

You can even play the entire game for free!
    Thanks for the pro-tip. PoE is on the to do list. I was also looking into playing more RuneScape (non-mobile versions). Or "Just take my money" RuneScape as I like to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah well that's the usual way of doing things. If a company doesn't make a good product, don't support them. Blizzard just was the exception, because their quality used to be out of the park every time. Now Act-Blizz needs to prove they are worth our money like everyone else.
    Quite true. The only way I've ever had any effect on the gaming industry getting myself heard is by voting with my wallet. Diablo Immortal will be no exception. Flying in Warlord's of Draenor comes to mind as an example. Hopefully others will do the same so we get listened to when the gazillions aren't flowing into Acti-Blizz's coffer's because they have trolled their own fan's. I think BlizzCon was the final straw for many Diablo fans.
    Last edited by mmocb54112e783; 2018-11-19 at 07:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the pro-tip. PoE is on the to do list. I was also looking into playing more RuneScape (non-mobile versions). Or "Just take my money" RuneScape as I like to call it.

Quite true. The only way I've ever had any effect on the gaming industry getting myself heard is by voting with my wallet. Diablo Immortal will be no exception. Flying in Warlord's of Draenor comes to mind as an example. Hopefully others will do the same so we get listened to when the gazillions aren't flowing into Acti-Blizz's coffer's because they have trolled their own fan's. I think BlizzCon was the final straw for many Diablo fans.
    I hope you're right, but on a very large scale. Companies like Acti-Blizz need a reminder that they are not invincible.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I hope you're right, but on a very large scale. Companies like Acti-Blizz need a reminder that they are not invincible.
    Their stock being down by 45% since Blizzcon is quite the reminder on how not to do things. Then again all of the big gaming companies are on the decline so it's probably not all about them. Still though, they must be panicing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Their stock being down by 45% since Blizzcon is quite the reminder on how not to do things. Then again all of the big gaming companies are on the decline so it's probably not all about them. Still though, they must be panicing.
    45% is not true, and blizzardstocks are far from being the only ones going down last month