Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If Blizzard doesnt mess this up it will be more successful then BFA. If Blizzard messes this up I will likely never play their games again because IMO they dont seem to understand how to make a MMO-RPG anymore and I dont think they have any idea what made WoW as great as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Temis View Post
    If Blizzard doesnt mess this up it will be more successful then BFA
    Almost every Subber will try Classic in the first few weeks. However, this does not represent the actual sustainable player base.

It's a very dangerous time for Blizzard at the moment. Classic is currently extremely overrated on the web. Expectations are extremely high. If these expectations are not met, it will be quite difficult for the company. They can't afford another failure after the Blizzcon thing. The truth is that Classic won't deliver what the community currently expects, even though Blizzard will do an excellent job.

The BlizzCon thing had quite an impact on the stock. A second failure, even if not directly self-inflicted, would have serious consequences.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2018-11-22 at 04:38 AM.

Classic will 100% fail, theres not going to be new "classic" content. Raids will be released over time but utterly ran over by current players (who are a lot more skilled than old classic players)

Only things i really did during vanilla were raiding and cyber. *yea...im a big pervert, but hey..i enjoy cybering*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Classic will 100% fail, theres not going to be new "classic" content. Raids will be released over time but utterly ran over by current players (who are a lot more skilled than old classic players)
    You don't understand the market. Classic is to make current players (assuming private servers) happily paying. Or whatever your definition of current players is (assuming BFA). It is intended for veterans of "old" WoW who enjoyed Vanilla so much that they play elsewhere for their kicks. For many years.

Activision-Blizzard is trying to capture that set of customers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noobs will be overrun by the hardcores. It's nothing to get worked up over. I mean, if some guild creams a raid first, will you stop playing because of this? ... if someone dings (max level) first are you gonna unsubscribe?

Only a very small portion of gamers achieve 1st's. Very few are even known or remembered... just play and have fun - for yourself.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-11-22 at 07:02 AM.

when it fails, they remaster TBC and look if they can make money with that instead. after that: Wotlk. Because .... greed. possible profit, ya know?

current players (who are a lot more skilled than old classic players)
    Nice bait. Completely full of it if not bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    What if people are disappointed or get tired of WoW Classic? They stop playing. Then what? For many, this is a last resort. What happens if it fails? Will you be done with Blizzard games?

I personally will just go back to retail. Or play other games.
    It WILL fail.. No ifs or buts.. It's just a matter of when, but I predict it won't take long..

I tried the demo during BlizzCon, and it was even worse that I remembered it.
    If I was ever in doubt Wether I would go Vanilla or not, I'm not anymore..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It WILL fail.. No ifs or buts.. It's just a matter of when, but I predict it won't take long..

I tried the demo during BlizzCon, and it was even worse that I remembered it.
    If I was ever in doubt Wether I would go Vanilla or not, I'm not anymore..
    What didnt u like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    when it fails, they remaster TBC and look if they can make money with that instead. after that: Wotlk. Because .... greed. possible profit, ya know?
    On the other side, there could be a lot of people playing it because they hope if classic succeeds that TBC and Wotlk happens...

But it's up to Blizzard what they consider a failure/success, i think they will watch it for at least a year (engough time to see how customers behave), then considering actions...

Deleted
    OP - To be honest i cant see it failing.. but also im not 100% sure what you mean by "fail".... if it does fail in the sense that not many people play on it then it was an experiance and people can move back to retail or to what ever game they want to play...

I cant see it failing with the ammount of interest and especially as the game is in the base subscription fee which is also a huge bonus and i personally played a month after release and loved it so much not just the "rose tinted goggles" but the way the MMO plays.. like an actual MMO should.

It will still be there as a archive / history of the game and thats important with online games as we cannot preserve them for prosperity.

I want a FF14 1.0 server !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Nice bait. Completely full of it if not bait.
    That's not bait at all, mechanically and rotationally players are more skilled now than they ever were. The only reason raiding was difficult in vanillia was resistance requirements and no resources to learn those fights. Do you truly believe people were better players back then? If you took a top raider in Vanillia and threw them into KJ, they would lose their fucking mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You don't understand the market. Classic is to make current players (assuming private servers) happily paying. Or whatever your definition of current players is (assuming BFA). It is intended for veterans of "old" WoW who enjoyed Vanilla so much that they play elsewhere for their kicks. For many years.

Activision-Blizzard is trying to capture that set of customers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Noobs will be overrun by the hardcores. It's nothing to get worked up over. I mean, if some guild creams a raid first, will you stop playing because of this? ... if someone dings (max level) first are you gonna unsubscribe?

Only a very small portion of gamers achieve 1st's. Very few are even known or remembered... just play and have fun - for yourself.
    The raids were simple, it's not about whos going to get 1st - it's about how easily all that content is going to be now that there are proper resources.

What if people are disappointed or get tired of WoW Classic? They stop playing. Then what? For many, this is a last resort. What happens if it fails? Will you be done with Blizzard games?

There will always be one.

Server. At least I bet.

It won't fail because I will be playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not bait at all, mechanically and rotationally players are more skilled now than they ever were. The only reason raiding was difficult in vanillia was resistance requirements and no resources to learn those fights. Do you truly believe people were better players back then? If you took a top raider in Vanillia and threw them into KJ, they would lose their fucking mind.
    While I do not think players were better, they definitely had far better reaction to things, and had to pay attention to their resources a lot more. That doesn't mean it was hard though because I never have felt WoW to be a hard game then or now.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I think the biggest reason Classic wont do well is a lack of people. No LFG means spamming trade / lfg channel endlessly trying to find a group for X content .. and once people cant do content, they wont have a reason to play.
    Or, they will use an LFG addon. You can emulate classic servers to near perfection, but you can't erase 14 years of community evolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    It's not even out and I'm already disappointed. I'm probably not alone.
    You thought you did, but you didn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Three things will happen:

Current retail players will try it out realize it should have been left in the past and go back to retail.
    The shitty PS crowd will try it realize it is not free and you cant P2W and go back to PS.
    There is a true core of maybe 100,000 players that will keept playing it and that may or may not be enough to keep it afloat.
    I think you are severely underestimating the vigor with which Blizzard's legal dept will start enforcing their IP once they have an official Classic offering.

Deleted
    I am already done with wow and blizzard in general. Was hoping for a return in classic but recent events "diablo cough cough" made me uninstall b.net launcher for good.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    It's not even out and I'm already disappointed. I'm probably not alone.
    Knowing Blizzard, i worry they will start nerfing and balancing Classic WoW, which would make it Not Classic WoW...

They would indeed but not for the reasons you mentioned... Healers would go "wtf my mana is unlimited?" Tanks and dps would go "wtf we don't have to worry about threath?" and tanks will surely go "wtf these bosses hit like whimps..."

This isn't to say that one is harder than the other, they are merely diferent, the axis on wich the fights were fought back then are completly different than they are now. Bosses currently are designed to be complex ability wise when comparing with vanilla fights, they design to strain you on multiple abilitys and things to look out. In the oposite direction, vanilla as a whole is more simple in abilitys but they were designed to strain you on your role management above everything, mana conservation, tank healing, threath maintenance and all that jazz.

I just think it isn't even fair to compare both when they have become so different over the years.

Let's see the modern raiders do so without all the WAs and mods that literally tell people what buttons to press, when to press them, and when and where to move. Fights are made more complex now to overcome all those advantages. If that's not enough, how about being able to try out every fight on betas/PTRs before the race even begins now?

Edit:
    voidillusion puts it quite well. A great deal of what mattered in Classic has been stripped out, allowing players to focus on rotations. I'd add actual teamwork to the list that was stripped out. You never hear about healing rotations or assignments, all healers play whack a mole. No such thing as interrupt rotations either, or having to coordinate between roles. Even tank swaps are fairly static affairs now, just taunt when your other tank hits X stacks of $debuffNameHere. Hell, are there any bosses now that are taunt-immune?
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2018-11-22 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/