Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    I'd like to find new friends but thing is, I was 23 when wow started. Now I am a few weeks off being 37. I just can't connect with 20 year olds in this age, we are polar opposites. I'd hope to find an older guild of other vanilla players but people who like some bants.
    Our vanilla guild was pretty... special. At least the huntard chat channel.

Though now days everyone wants to discord and talk on mic which I hate.
    I was 35 when I started playing WoW I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find people I can relate to. Maybe classic will bring a few old farts back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing im looking forward the most is the server community, I remenber having discussions about the server best players, I really miss that.

Was Horde on retail for 12 years. Dabbled very little in alliance (leveled one to max level ever), all my toons and guilds on the horde side always kept me there.

Using Classic as an opportunity to be full Alliance for a different flavor of things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not really true, at least to the extent that you put it. For example I think many people out there will know that a priest is likely going to heal and that a warrior will be used for tanking, many people out there don't know about the fastest leveling routes for example, or BIS lists for the content that they are currently dealing with, or how to handle world pvp situations against specific classes, the fastest ways to clear certain dungeons, etc. You'd be surprised, even now there's guilds that struggle with even the first few bosses in MC for example.
    There isn't any mystery anymore, just because people don't know all of you speak doesn't mean it isn't readily available for the people who take the time to actually look it up.

Back then we didn't have a million different strategies and guides telling us to do this or that...we didn't have players and websites dedicated to getting every ounce of dps out of a rotation and build.

All classic is now is just one big timesink...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EverWoW View Post
    I can bring an interesting perspective on this.

I played from the Vanilla beta thru WotLK, then dabbled in Legion.

I just opened up WoW for the first time last night and tried creating a new Tauren warrior. I was hoping for magic, and it was a bit boring all things said.

Not calling the came boring. Rather, it just wasn't _new_ for me or with the same epic feeling you mentioned.

I've been ride-or-die Horde since day one. But in stepping back, I'm sort of toying with the idea of rolling Alliance this time. New zones, new music, new story lines.

Food for thought.
    Wait for classic
    The leveling experience is amazing and full of people.

Nowadays the leveling experience is...empty

Everyone will be leveling when classic releases its going to be cool

I look forward to remaking my favorite character, maxxing out its potential, and NOT having everything erased expansion after crappy expansion. Then I will make alts who will also never have their progress erased and reset every two years for no good reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't base my life decision on whether or not classic is released.

I wouldn't be so hyped up bout it, because it's a recipe for a disappointment.

Personally i already did it and have no interest in repeating this experience. Especially with modern community and whatever requirements and expectations there may be
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I was 35 when I started playing WoW I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find people I can relate to. Maybe classic will bring a few old farts back.
    Right there with you

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am alone in this endeavor of starting all anew but I don´t fret over it, being classic it will be easy to do new friends and keep their names.

how is it a fresh start. it's nothing of the sort. you know what happens, you know the best builds, you know the questing paths, you know the spec/class rotations and optimal play.

there's nothing to learn. and because there is nothing to learn, the only people who will succeed are those who have a genuine interest in end game content, which means any idea of a server community goes out the window because these people aren't going to care about people being cunts to one another.

i appreciate you are trying to hype classic wow up, but the reality is disappointment. of course im going to play it but i'm not expecting a better experience than live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I found GW2 to be one of the most anti-social MMORPG's around ... I think what you meant: you stopped enjoying MMO's when GW2 was released .. I hope .. haha.

But of course, find the adventure. The fun lies there, and thus we agree. /cheer
    Which is funny because I find it to be the most social mmo I've ever played
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    how is it a fresh start. it's nothing of the sort. you know what happens, you know the best builds, you know the questing paths, you know the spec/class rotations and optimal play.

there's nothing to learn. and because there is nothing to learn, the only people who will succeed are those who have a genuine interest in end game content, which means any idea of a server community goes out the window because these people aren't going to care about people being cunts to one another.

i appreciate you are trying to hype classic wow up, but the reality is disappointment. of course im going to play it but i'm not expecting a better experience than live.
    I think it will be nice leveling. The old world is gone on retail, so we get to see all those old zones and do the quests. I remember much more of endgame classic than all the quests in every zone.

So i'll be playing classic mostly to experience the leveling. My goal is to complete every zone on my alliance char. Cant decide on a Paladin or Warrior though hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    There isn't any mystery anymore, just because people don't know all of you speak doesn't mean it isn't readily available for the people who take the time to actually look it up.

Back then we didn't have a million different strategies and guides telling us to do this or that...we didn't have players and websites dedicated to getting every ounce of dps out of a rotation and build.

All classic is now is just one big timesink...
    The info is out there for people to look up but guess what, people still don't do it lol. Hence why there are so many guilds that struggle with a place like MC even today. There's no mystery for the small group of guy's that have played multiple private servers and cleared the raids on multiple alts, but for the rest of the playerbase, there will definitely be lots of mysteries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The info is out there for people to look up but guess what, people still don't do it lol. Hence why there are so many guilds that struggle with a place like MC even today. There's no mystery for the small group of guy's that have played multiple private servers and cleared the raids on multiple alts, but for the rest of the playerbase, there will definitely be lots of mysteries.
    Then that is their fault if they don't know how to look things up to help them...there is no "real" mystery, just artificial hurdles to jump over.

Like I said we have had over a decade to document every little thing about vanilla...just because some people may not choose to use it doesn't negate the fact that there are people who will use it and will be better for it. There is nothing new at all classic will bring...

As a vanilla player, i can honestly say i'm not hyped for classic at all. *maybe i am just odd* I prefer an actual new mmo to try and not a classic version of something I played 14 years ago. I'm sure many *wowers* like myself are divided about playing classic. My hopes for RIFTS online have been shattered. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Then that is their fault if they don't know how to look things up to help them...there is no "real" mystery, just artificial hurdles to jump over.

Like I said we have had over a decade to document every little thing about vanilla...just because some people may not choose to use it doesn't negate the fact that there are people who will use it and will be better for it. There is nothing new at all classic will bring...
    You would be correct... if people scanned all of the pages of thottbot lol, but that simply isn't the case. For example, people were still discovering hidden areas in azeroth during wotlk. Hidden quests or just trying out a new class, professions, etc. You'll be hard pressed to run out of content. If I understand you right, you are suggesting because there's youtube videos of say, Sapphiron in Naxx, that means that this is not "new" content for the players who haven't done it before, is that right? Wouldn't the same apply then to retail? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    Which is funny because I find it to be the most social mmo I've ever played
    Weird. No tell (whisper) feature. No way to see exactly who is in the same zone as you.

I imagine this was to make the game kid / family friendly. Has it changed?

You communicate with your guild. Bout it. Guild Wars.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-11-22 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Hopefully this will be the only "fresh start" because if the private server crowd demands new realms on separate time lines every 6 months like they did for years, its not going to be something I care to play any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, most people don't realize that it isn't the game it self that caused this, it was the time.
    People in 2018 are very different than they were when this game first came out, and that is clearly shown in private server communities.

Instead, socializing now means spamming memes and vulgarity in general chats.

I hope, some how, that trend from private servers doesn't follow over, because its really quite ironic that I actually feel like i can be LESS social in Classic due to the player base than I can be in a game that contains LFR.
    I think it may have somewhat to do with context. Private servers seem unorganized in general as far as player types and levels of true interest. For instant, I can never seem to get into playing on a vanilla / TBC / wotlk private server, no matter how good they claim it to be. There is always something that feels amiss. However, if it were an official regulated Blizzard server I would be back in the saddle so to speak with classic, and have more drive to play and take it seriously. I think with regards to current retail WoW, the game itself is what attracts the current anti-social crowd because it requires no need to be social. People still do follow the path of form dictates function (behavior) if they are "guided" (forced) into a certain behavior pattern.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Weird. No tell (whisper) feature. No way to see exactly who is in the same zone as you.

I imagine this was to make the game kid / family friendly. Has it changed?

You communicate with your guild. Bout it. Guild Wars.
    People communicate all the time, map chat in active zones is pretty chatty, world bosses people are always cracking jokes and there is a whisper feature just not if you havent bought the game I'm pretty sure. People also love checking out mogs and such in capital cities and talking about it, well if you have a good one anyway
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    If I don't run into a female troll rogue called Mistedshadow every few levels until we become friends it isn't the authentic experience.
    Need more Night Elf Legolas' too. I expect to see many crazy variations. Legolass, Legoles, Leolas, Leggolas and so on :P