Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo "Dark Soul" style RPG canceled

Sorry I know it's on the wrong forum, waiting for a mod to change it to Diablo General Discussion.

MMO-Champ said it wasn't confirmed by Blizzard that it even exist but here is my reaction when I read the line in bold:

Diablo
    Diablo III had a second expansion that was canceled.
    Blizzard says cancellations show commitment to quality and that they have only released about 50% of the projects that they have worked on in the past 3 decades.
    Project Hades was reportedly a Diablo game in development that would be more like Dark Souls, an over the shoulder dungeon crawler that was also canceled.
    Project Fenris is the current incarnation of Diablo IV and the team is optimistic about it. Their art direction is to embrace the darkness.
    Project Fenris is still early in development and will likely not launch until 2020 or later.
    They still claim that there was talks to announce Diablo IV at BlizzCon, but it wasn't far enough along in time, yet one dev disputes this.
    Blizzard is careful to announce games before they are ready now because of what happened with Project Titan.
    Project Fenris is being worked on by a separate team from Diablo: Immortal known as Incubation.
    Diablo: Immortal exists because they heard that China really wanted a Diablo mobile game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    NO!
    OH LORD NO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Your thoughts? I for one tend to think it would have been awesome.
    Last edited by Kazmodius; 2018-11-23 at 07:42 PM.

Everything Soulsborne-like is good to me, too bad they canceled it

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Your thoughts? I for one tend to think it would have been awesome.
    It sounds awesome but it would have been a simple dark soul skin without any originality. I think that's why they cancelled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wrong forum.

But it’s a shame that was cancelled. Dark Souls has never been able to draw my attention, but I’d have given a version with a Diablo flair a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    It sounds awesome but it would have been a simple dark soul skin without any originality. I think that's why they cancelled it.
    Hmm I think if they only borrow the genre, the Diablo universe would have had plenty of original content for such a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wrong forum.
    Can I switch it? I just noticed the General Discussion was under WoW...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Hmm I think if they only borrow the genre, the Diablo universe would have had plenty of original content for such a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I switch it? I just noticed the General Discussion was under WoW...
    You’ve gotta wait for a mod to move it I suppose. Edit your OP so they know it was an accident.

Thanks god it got canceled. Souls are cancer just like MOBA and BR.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    That's not stopping them from releasing Diablo Immortal though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblider View Post
    Everything Soulsborne-like is good to me, too bad they canceled it
    Agree. Still nothing beats the FromSoftware games IMO but more games like soulsbourne is good... IMO

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    You're opinion I guess. Personally I love the genre, there is so much liberty with what you can do with your character and the PVP is rather nice when it's played fair (aka no backstab fishing).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Agree. Still nothing beats the FromSoftware games IMO but more games like soulsbourne is good... IMO
    This ^
    Amen!

Deleted
    You get canceled and you get caneceled. Everything gets canceled. Too bad they didnt cancel BFA :P

I'd play the fuck out of a Diablo souls-like. It has the dark and gloomy setting of your typical souls game.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    That's not stopping them from releasing Diablo Immortal though.
    Because that's for the chinese market according to that and they are used to the copy-pasted things

Who knows how it would have played. I think the Darksouls analogy was used because it’s the most popular game using that style, but there have been plenty thru the years, good and bad.
    As far as a Diablo game using that view? Who knows, it worked for RE4 and people were worried then too.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Git gud. /10chrs
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I really really dislike souls, so, I don't really have any strong opinion towards this either.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

so glad they canceled it.

diablo is a ARPG and nothing else

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good thing they canceled it - I don't think any current Blizzard team has the actual capability to develop a "Dark Souls"-like game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't take this serious. There's no way that Blizzard would make a game that harsh. It would probably be an uber watered down experience, and who'd want that.

Wrong forum bud