15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Sonic Heroes
    Sooooonic heerrrroessss! Soooonnniiicccc heeerrroeessa

I've started playing the Smash Bros Ultimate story mode and all I can say is that I really dislike this Spirit helper stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Skyward Sword was just a mess, the forced motion+ bs along with releasing literally at the same time as Dark Souls just made it feel like an inferior basic bitch of a game.

Deep inside I think it was a decent game, but if they just remaster it and force joy con waggle as the control method... no thanks. It wasn't fun to play in 2011 and wouldn't be fun to play in 2019.
    I doubt they will do that. Joycons aren't as accurate a fine motion as the WiiMote+Motion Plus were that were required to play SS. They are more akin to the default Wiimote, plus without the sensor bar they aren't able to recenter themselves automatically....so get thrown off.

They will likely have to find a way to do traditional controls, but then there is an issue with how many mechanics were TIED to motion swings, like attacking enemies in certain directions in order to get around their defenses and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    I've started playing the Smash Bros Ultimate story mode and all I can say is that I really dislike this Spirit helper stuff..
    ....How you have early?!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I doubt they will do that. Joycons aren't as accurate a fine motion as the WiiMote+Motion Plus were that were required to play SS. They are more akin to the default Wiimote, plus without the sensor bar they aren't able to recenter themselves automatically....so get thrown off.

They will likely have to find a way to do traditional controls, but then there is an issue with how many mechanics were TIED to motion swings, like attacking enemies in certain directions in order to get around their defenses and such.

- - - Updated - - -

....How you have early?!
    Its been out early for awhile and i read the cutscenes were on youtube

I doubt they will do that. Joycons aren't as accurate a fine motion as the WiiMote+Motion Plus were
    The Joy-Con's are more accurate then the Wii Motion controls and they made gryo controls a requirement for Lets Go. Nintendo has a bad habit of making dumb things a requirement. (see the app for voice chatting).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its been out early for awhile and i read the cutscenes were on youtube
    WHELP looks like we'll never get story mode in smash again

remember what sakurai said about brawl? "y should smash 4 has story mode when people just go on youtube???"

fockin sockmyeye
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    WHELP looks like we'll never get story mode in smash again

remember what sakurai said about brawl? "y should smash 4 has story mode when people just go on youtube???"

fockin sockmyeye
    Brawl story mode was trash anyways. I don't really care about Ultimate's because of it.

Story modes in fighting games are such a pointless waste of dev time. The SP is still fun without them if you provide enough content, no need to ass pull a "story". Fighting games do need content for SP, so don't mistake me not liking story mode for that. Shit like launch SFV with almost no SP content ain't acceptable.

They are only op if you use their op moves. Otherwise theyre just above average.
    Frankly I simply stopped using the starter. You get ideal IVs ultra powerful pokemon from the start, and the moves it learns outrank everything in the game. Kind of silly to think the game could be completly zerged had you only used the starter, even more than other Pokemon games.

Later on the game can actually present some challenge, even after I got too many levels with shiny grinding a few trainers almost kicked my ass. So, aside from the start the difficulty is on par with other Pokemon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The Joy-Con's are more accurate then the Wii Motion controls and they made gryo controls a requirement for Lets Go. Nintendo has a bad habit of making dumb things a requirement. (see the app for voice chatting).
    Let's Go doesn't use 1:1 motion like SS used, however. It just knows THAT you are moving.

There is some pointer ability, like when you play with Eevee or Pikachu, but if you do it for a bit you will notice that it gets less and less accurate as to where you are pointing, and you have to recenter it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Let's Go doesn't use 1:1 motion like SS used, however. It just knows THAT you are moving.

There is some pointer ability, like when you play with Eevee or Pikachu, but if you do it for a bit you will notice that it gets less and less accurate as to where you are pointing, and you have to recenter it.
    I'm not sure how you're claiming this is any different then with the Wii and especially SS.

The game wasn't fun to play because the controls where not accurate, and you constantly had to reset position. I still believe it would have ended up being one of the better 3D Zelda games if not for the shit controls.

The items that used pointer controls (the slingshot, bow, and gust bellows) can easily use the stick plus gyro or gyro by itself the other remakes and botw used for aiming. Items that used the gyro (the beetle) will just use the JoyCons gyro.

The biggest problem is going to be sword controls. Outside of one-to-one gyro, you could use the right control stick, likely while targeting an enemy to allow for sword movement. The biggest problem with that feature in particular is the puzzle which require sword movement, like those eyes you have to dizzy to progress that I spent a half-an-hour on in my first playthrough.

I'm not sure how you're claiming this is any different then with the Wii and especially SS.

The game wasn't fun to play because the controls where not accurate, and you constantly had to reset position. I still believe it would have ended up being one of the better 3D Zelda games if not for the shit controls.
    Oh no, I agree with the shit controls. The game would be WAY better with standard controls. It's the one Zelda title I just cant bring myself to finish because of them.

What I'm saying is that the Joycons don't handle fine 1:1 motion as well as the Wii Motion Plus did. They are more like a standard Wii Remote in nature and accuracy. They are decent at pointing on the screen, and can detect general movement ok (like in Pokemon Lets Go all that it needs to know is: speed and general direction you are aiming. It is SUPER BASIC motion controls and the "play" minigame is super basic pointing as well. Those are not 1:1 motion), but I doubt they could do 1:1 motion like was required for SS (which, it still had issues with back then). And that's because motion control REALLY wasn't the focus for the Switch. This is why it has no sensor bar (which, for those who DONT know all the sensor bar did was auto-recenter your Wii remotes on the fly....and that is it. It had nothing to do with sensing motion itself).

That said, I really hope they they port it over and make it have traditional controls, I just want to know how they would go about handling some of the aspects of the game that ABSOLUTELY required them, like when you have to attack enemies a certain direction. It's not like TP where all the motion controls did were the basic swings like any other Zelda title. SS let you move Links arm in very.....unatural....ways. They would really need to rework the entire game to MAKE it work with normal controls, and I'd be all for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooonic heerrrroessss! Soooonnniiicccc heeerrroeessa
    I had that wrong, it was on the Mario Kart DD bonus disc.

Man, I really loved late 2003 for Gamecube (1) and PS2 (2, lol).

1 - Viewtiful Joe, Zelda Promo Disc, Mario KartD, SCII, Fzero:GX, Rebel Strike, P.N.03, and Beyond Good and Evil

2. Fatal Frame 2 and FFX-2.

Nintendo and Tecmo really should try pushing Fatal Frame again in the US. Collections of 1-3 and 4-5 would be nice for starters.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Brawl story mode was trash anyways. I don't really care about Ultimate's because of it.

Story modes in fighting games are such a pointless waste of dev time. The SP is still fun without them if you provide enough content, no need to ass pull a "story". Fighting games do need content for SP, so don't mistake me not liking story mode for that. Shit like launch SFV with almost no SP content ain't acceptable.
    im not a huge fighting game person so when the characters and game have a story i like it and the characters more. smashs characters have built in fans due to it being a crossover but giving it a story mode lets all these franchises interact in a way more than just x punches y which is cool and fun.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Is there alot of content in the 2 DLC for Zelda BOTW? And should i wait buying it until completed the Vanilla game? Not really interested in Hardmode tho.. Just more content, story etc

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Is there alot of content in the 2 DLC for Zelda BOTW? And should i wait buying it until completed the Vanilla game? Not really interested in Hardmode tho.. Just more content, story etc
    id say its worth it since it all feels like stuff that you would do during the game. it adds some trials to power up the master sword that are pretty fun and difficult, some quests that add backstory to the champions and an extra dungeon that has a boss that feels like a better end boss to the game than ganon was.

and canonically it all happens before you fight ganon anyways so doing it post game feels a bit weird

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id say its worth it since it all feels like stuff that you would do during the game. it adds some trials to power up the master sword that are pretty fun and difficult, some quests that add backstory to the champions and an extra dungeon that has a boss that feels like a better end boss to the game than ganon was.

and canonically it all happens before you fight ganon anyways so doing it post game feels a bit weird
    Thx... Guess i wil grab the 25% off deal

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    The content is a decent amount but as for story itself its very lacking.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The content is a decent amount but as for story itself its very lacking.
    BotW story as a whole is lacking.

It is still a good game, but one shouldn't get into it expecting some sort of modern epic storywise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I had that wrong, it was on the Mario Kart DD bonus disc.

Man, I really loved late 2003 for Gamecube (1) and PS2 (2, lol).

1 - Viewtiful Joe, Zelda Promo Disc, Mario KartD, SCII, Fzero:GX, Rebel Strike, P.N.03, and Beyond Good and Evil

2. Fatal Frame 2 and FFX-2.

Nintendo and Tecmo really should try pushing Fatal Frame again in the US. Collections of 1-3 and 4-5 would be nice for starters.
    My mom asked me if the pn 03 girl was naked and i said i dont know its nothing i havent seen anyway and she walked away