Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Lydia Bottegoni and Terran Gregory - How Women Came To Rule The World Of Warcraft

new interview with Metzen's successor, Lydia Bottegoni (senior vice president of story and franchise) and Terran Gregory (in-game cinematic projector director).

it's about women getting more prominent etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman...-warcraft/amp/

sorry if this was posted already.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-11-26 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp this is a bait.

All I care about is about the quality of the story.
    Some characters are getting a lot of attention meanwhile others are completely ignored or their actions are pretty dumbed down.

I really don't care about a character's gender but their actions and development.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    welp this is a bait.

All I care about is about the quality of the story.
    Some characters are getting a lot of attention meanwhile others are completely ignored or their actions are pretty dumbed down.

I really don't care about a character's gender but their actions and development.
    But some people don't know what's important in life. So they focus on genders and shit instead of quality.

The fact that they need to defend the fact that female characters are coming into the forefront is just sad...
    And the fact that Forbes and others make it to BE about gender in the first place, is sad.

The characters are what matter, not what they allegedly have dangling between their legs, or not...

I'm sick and tired of this "women empowerment" talk. We get it, they're strong. Now, make them actually decent written characters, for once. And also make them NOT Jaina for once, as well.

Deleted
    WoW seems to reinvent itself as a game more focussed towards women now and that's a smart move imo. because the game is losing relevancy amongst gamers for years now.

Guys have mostly moved on to newer games where women rather run around as an elf character collecting pets in a peaceful surrounding. WoW is actually great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I'm sick and tired of this "women empowerment" talk. We get it, they're strong. Now, make them actually decent written characters, for once. And also make them NOT Jaina for once, as well.
    Yeah, i am also tired of the empowerment advertise. Let them choose to empower characters that have a meaning and that are the right ones for the story, not just to fulfil a political correct agenda.

It feels that they are choosing female leading characters just because they are female, instead because it makes sense or because it is the best option for a good story telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I agree.

Sylvanas is a awesome. She is powerful but not as powerful as Tyrande.

How deep are these characters?
    Is Sylvanas your typical EVUUUUUL character? We don't see much of her besides "Do this! Do that! Oh now do this! Kneel before me Alliance!"

Um ok...

Meanwhile Jaina and Tyrande are blood thirsty for some payback. Enough is enough with turning the other cheeck. Then what happens?
    Spare them! or "We can't attack after this attack because then by attacking we are as bad as the horde"

Like seriously? I have no problem with their genders. It hardly enters my mind.
    But come on! You can do better than this!

What happened to the times when people were hired for their skill, rather than their gender?

My main problem with story of late is that there is no depth. Even during questing it was all ghuun will kill you!11!!! ghuun comes!!11! for ghuun!!1

No mystery, no development, no continual progression. The story writers suck dick, women or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stories cant be good when theyre subservient to gameplay. Only the opposite. Nier is the best example.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What happened to the times when people were hired for their skill, rather than their gender?
    Read the article maybe?

It's not about women being hired to replace the guys making WoW, it's about them patting themselves on their back for how genius the story is - that they have three big women as main characters without forcing anything (lol) and also a lot of side characters, like Talanji, Taelia, Ashvane, Jaina's mom, that last boss in Atal Dazar... they forgot to mention the Waycrests, old and young, for some reason, that are females with vagingas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody bitching about it or making this out to be some gender thing is a fucking retard full stop. Barring Talanji all these female characters have been major lore figures from the get go. They're getting some light now because the rest of the male characters (arthas, thrall, tirion, kael'thas, ETC ETC ETC) have all served their fucking purpose in the story they were trying to tell. As if we don't still have major male characters at the forefront with Anduin, Saurfang, Garithos, Malfurion, Vol'Jin, Bwomsamdi

This whole new thing of every new leader is going to be female is annoying. We get woman are special and strong whoopdi doo. But when I see some crazy badass warrior like saurfang I think I damn he crazy I really like him. When I see all these new females I think wow... what a surprise another sjw character. Not cool not badass at all. We see what your doing but it just doesn't fit... now before every gets booty tickled and think I'm sexist I'm all for female leads. Horizon was an Amazing game tomb raider is a great game. But NOT ALL LEADERS NEED TO BE FEMALE. Males have always been great strong badass leaders. Sure bring some females Into it but they dont need to be at the forefront of everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    My main problem with story of late is that there is no depth. Even during questing it was all ghuun will kill you!11!!! ghuun comes!!11! for ghuun!!1
    tbf Legion had some of that too.

We are Legion!

We are endless!

Your world will burn!

etc

Who the fuck cares.
    Write a decent story, put down some strong characters.

Sylvanas and Jana still have potential but could use do with less of the Disney lube.
    Saurfang is ok, but such a cliche.
    Anduin, oh gowd, can we please have something else to lead the Alliance than this soyboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    WoW seems to reinvent itself as a game more focussed towards women now and that's a smart move imo. because the game is losing relevancy amongst gamers for years now.

Guys have mostly moved on to newer games where women rather run around as an elf character collecting pets in a peaceful surrounding. WoW is actually great for that.
    Pst, half of the female elves running around are actually dudes irl.

I don't see anything wrong in game promoting female NPCs as major lore characters, since the game world is already populated by female player avatars of players of both genders.

People play tomb raider and such games where female lead is one of the selling points. Rule of cool > realism.

Male or female characters doesn't matter, all many want is some characters and plot with more depth than your average puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Blizzard have had a Diversity Council since legion notice how both male leaders of the horde and Alliance died for almost no reason
    Tbh Legion as an expansion only put lots of spotlight on Thalyssra's role from all the possible females, other female characters got really side-lined, Liadrin didn't do much, Tyrande was shown as semi-incompetent, Mayla was struggling, Maiev got completely sidelined after Cathedral dungeon quest and all the spotlight was going to Illidan, Velen, Turalyon and Khadgar.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well das a bait title if I ever saw one.

Also Forbes, so does anyone have the bullet points for those of us who can't get past their ad wall?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)