Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Void class > Tinkerer for 9.0.

We could really use an actual Void based class instead of just having 1 spec use it. The Void is basically 1 of 2 ultimate powers in the WoW universe and we already have multiple classes and specs that can use the Light, I think the Void deserves an entire class dedicated to it and since 9.0 is shaping to be a Void Lord kind of expansion, this would be a perfect time to add one.

It would have 3 specs:

Melee DPS: My favorite style of melee has always been the high mobility large weapon wielding type, which WoW doesn't have at the moment. Something akin to the Blade Dancer (sort of like combining the big 2h bad assery of a Warrior with the swift mobility play style of a DH/Monk).

Ranged DPS: Ranged DPS are all being overshadowed by melees right now and a new ranged spec would be needed for the new class. Again, keeping in line with the mobility theme we'd have a slippery glass cannon style ranged class like an Arcane/Fire Mage, however, instead of relying on iceblock/cc to survive, this one will be able to self cast heals on themselves like all hybrid classes and also because...

Healer: Another useful spec to have. All the previous newly added classes (DKs/Monks/DHs) all came with a tank spec, we don't need more of those. This class will have no tank spec, but a healing one instead. Since we already know void can also heal (SP's leech and Disc's Shadow Mend) we can make this healer apply those two style of healing. Make it a DPS leech style of heals similar to Discs but also keeping it in theme with high mobility and lower mitigation.

No point in suggesting specific abilities, but those general themes would be unique to anything we have and pretty cool.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

IDC what the next class is, but whatever it is should use Bows/Guns and wear mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    IDC what the next class is, but whatever it is should use Bows/Guns and wear mail.
    Cloth wearing melee DPS would be awesome too. Would make 3 plate, 2 mail, 4 leather and 4 cloth wearers, not too bad. Mail is the lamest of armor styles anyway, so having 2 is more than enough tbh.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.

And another ranged spec, there hasn't been one since the games release lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    yeah , the only thing i really want more than a new magic caster is a dual wielding gunslinger

I would rather blizzard cancel wow expansions altogether than add more melee. We have less ranged specs in the game than vanilla at this point. Ranged or nothing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.
    It would need some kind of backup in the event that a hit does get through like maybe a Frenzied Regen or a Death Strike or, heck, a weaker Lay on Hands with a smaller cd.

It is mega obvious that the next class will be Dark Rangers. I believe it should be restricted to undead but of course blizzard will also give it to alliance to be faire with both faction while spitting on fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It would need some kind of backup in the event that a hit does get through like maybe a Frenzied Regen or a Death Strike or, heck, a weaker Lay on Hands with a smaller cd.
    Yeah that's perfectly fine, it would need more tools to counter the times when the evasion fails, but i don't want anything like stagger, just something that increases your chance to avoid attacks, and then a minor mechanic for 'oh shit got hit'.

I'd love to play a Void Ranger like Alleria Windrunner. The Hunter class isn't nearly the same thing, since they don't have any ability revolving around the shadows, except for that Dark Ranger talent, which has nothing to do with the Void anyway. Or perhaps an Hunter-Shadow Priest hybrid? The possibilities are endless.

To be honest, I am surprised that Void doesn't have its own dedicated class, but only a few specs (Shadow Priest, Affliction Warlock). Meanwhile, the Light has Paladins and Priests, Fel has Demon Hunters and Warlocks, Death has Death Knights and the Arcane has Mages. A Void-themed class would truly be a breath of fresh air. I wonder why Blizzard hasn't introduced a Void counterpart of Paladins, but I am pretty sure that their time is at hand, since the future expansion will clearly be about the Void Lords.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yeah that's perfectly fine, it would need more tools to counter the times when the evasion fails, but i don't want anything like stagger, just something that increases your chance to avoid attacks, and then a minor mechanic for 'oh shit got hit'.
    Sort of like how bears were before?

5+ Year Old Account
    How about a class that can wear any of (or a variety of) the armor types and their mastery and/or secondary stats are altered based on what they choose to wear. Let's really complicate things!

A bit of sarcasm in my statement but would be very interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I'd love to play a Void Ranger like Alleria Windrunner. The Hunter class isn't nearly the same thing, since they don't have any ability revolving around the shadows, except for that Dark Ranger talent, which has nothing to do with the Void anyway. Or perhaps an Hunter-Shadow Priest hybrid? The possibilities are endless.
    Except Affliction Warlocks are shadow-based and not void-based like Legion and BfA's Shadow Priests.

10+ Year Old Account

And another ranged spec, there hasn't been one since the games release lol.
    How would you balance that though? It's too RNG, if the RNG gods are with you, you'll be OP and just evade all attacks, but if they aren't with you you'll get 2 shotted and drop like a sack of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RundinO View Post
    How about a class that can wear any (or a variety of) armor type and their mastery and/or secondary stats are altered based on what they choose to wear. Let's really complicate things!

A bit of sarcasm in my statement but would be very interesting to see.
    Yeah but, forgive the cliche, Blizzard has issues balancing what they have so a class as dynamic as that would have major issues.

So ..... a Void Shaman that plays either like a Frost Mage, a 2h DH or a Mistweaver? Nah.

More classes that are centered around "GOTTAKEEPMOVINGOMG!!!!!!" like the DH mean more and more fights that are based around never moving. That means that aside from those classes that are equipped for that, the rest are all terrible. Additionally, you are literally talking about taking a small aspect of one class, and adding it to 3 other specs, then dipping it in purple to make a class.

The Void stuff is going to be more than overwhelming as it is. It will be like the Fel was with Legion. It was everywhere.

Tinker at least adds a theme and entire gameplay style that is mostly lacking. Additionally, it gives the opportunity to add in a class that can utilize much of the gear that is already underutilized. A mail wearing gun toting Tinker utilizing lots of robot pets and mech suit cooldowns would be amazing. With Mekkatorque getting offed in the next raid and with us going to Mechagon, it opens the door for Tech to have reason to become much more important to the game, or at least be given a proper place in the game. We have already had the story basis of "We will use their own power against them!!!!" when we had Demon Hunters in Legion. They can find something new and better. Plus, it would be nice to have a new aesthetic in Tech rather than something that would feel like "It's like a monk, but purple!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    So ..... a Void Shaman that plays either like a Frost Mage, a 2h DH or a Mistweaver? Nah.

More classes that are centered around "GOTTAKEEPMOVINGOMG!!!!!!" like the DH mean more and more fights that are based around never moving. That means that aside from those classes that are equipped for that, the rest are all terrible. Additionally, you are literally talking about taking a small aspect of one class, and adding it to 3 other specs, then dipping it in purple to make a class.

The Void stuff is going to be more than overwhelming as it is. It will be like the Fel was with Legion. It was everywhere.

Tinker at least adds a theme and entire gameplay style that is mostly lacking. Additionally, it gives the opportunity to add in a class that can utilize much of the gear that is already underutilized. A mail wearing gun toting Tinker utilizing lots of robot pets and mech suit cooldowns would be amazing. With Mekkatorque getting offed in the next raid and with us going to Mechagon, it opens the door for Tech to have reason to become much more important to the game, or at least be given a proper place in the game. We have already had the story basis of "We will use their own power against them!!!!" when we had Demon Hunters in Legion. They can find something new and better. Plus, it would be nice to have a new aesthetic in Tech rather than something that would feel like "It's like a monk, but purple!"
    To be fair, I already do this with my Hunter (tech heavy theme). Not something new. With Tinkerer as what you say, would be another redundancy of classes. All you have to do is give my Hunter a mech suit ability and I'd be a Tinkerer.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be really lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Tinker at least adds a theme and entire gameplay style that is mostly lacking. Additionally, it gives the opportunity to add in a class that can utilize much of the gear that is already underutilized. A mail wearing gun toting Tinker utilizing lots of robot pets and mech suit cooldowns would be amazing.
    Problem with Tinker is that they'll suffer from same race limitations as DHs did. They'll probably be limited to like 2 races per faction. Gnomes and Junker Gnomes for Alliance and Goblins and...what other Horde class can be Tinkers? Maybe Vulpera?

Not a lot of tech savvy classes in WoW, it's really only Goblins and Gnomes, anything else would be stretching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also like a pure Void-themed class, even a 2-spec one would be fine, Demon Hunter proved that works. One spec is 'pure' Void shadow magic while the other is the more physical, gross eldritch tentacle mutation aspect of the Void.