Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    People suffer from severe case of selective memory.

The current expansion always sucks. A.L.W.A.Y.S
    The previous expansion was not great, but it's growing
    The expansion before that is now suddenly great, wasn't a shitshow in any shape or form!!
    And once the expansion grows older than 3 cycles, it's deified.
    Nope:
    In Legion I never complained. Thought it was one of the if not the best expansion ever. I had a bad feelig about BfA, and that mostly turned out correct, but I'm still having fun in guild with Raids and M+ etc.
    I still feel the same about Legion now as back then.
    WoD was the worst expasion ever.
    I liked MoP, still do.
    I wasn't to keen on Cata, that hasn't changed. Feels like with the old zones, WoW as a game was also changed forever. Less depth, more streamline.
    WotLK was my first expansion, so ofc it felt epic. In hindsight it was a probably a good expansion, but not remarkable, but it will always b special to me.
    I never played TBC, but it feels like it was a good expansion.
    I played vanilla but not on retail. I like it, and I will play Classic, but I wouldn't glorify all aspects.

I dislike how some people downplay the criticism brought towards BfA and basically just handwave it aside by saying "everyone hated expansion X, now X is over and people started to like it!"

No, BfA is different, WoD was different, Failure of the developers is to create a good expansion is a possibility.

BfA is the first expansion i did not like from the getgo, already felt bad on Beta, felt worse once it hit live.
    This has nothing to do with being "burned out", this "burn out" feeling kicked in once 8.0 hit live servers.

Stop handwaving the issues BfA has aside, the Azerite System is not good, the Class design is also in a bad state.
    The remaining content would be salvageable in terms of quality, but those two reasons kill the expansion for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    WotLK was my first expansion, so ofc it felt epic. In hindsight it was a probably a good expansion, but not remarkable, but it will always b special to me.
    Wotlk was controversial at the start to say the least.

Class balance was totally out of whack in PvP, Rets and DK's rolled over everything.
    Entire PvE Content was puggable, only difficult Encounter was Sarth+3D for whom people discovered cheese strats that made it puggable.
    People facerolled through heroics, something that was previously seen as challenging.

The entire Hardcore vs. Casual discussion exploded in full fucking force.

If people praise any expansion, it is important to remind them of the downsides, same goes for BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Same,still enjoying BfA with 22k acheivements and alot more stuff to do.Crybabies will always bitch about smtng.
    I have 23k and I hate it. So what?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Raiding competitive PVE dude since 2006 here, heard same bullshit here on mmo forums almost forever,
    enjoyed cata/wod/legion despite them being mass hated in their time, but something happened in BFA
    and its not me got older or somth. That feeling when u dont know what to do ingame apart raiding once a week
    for full myth clear.
    Never happened before. And no reason to level alts too. They changed something in recipe
    of the game, i dont feel like iam working toward something when ingame. In legion it was legendaries, u had feeling
    it will drop maybe in the next elite mob and it will be ur BIS, and u will become stronger. In BFA there is nothing to persuit

and i dont watch/know teen stars on intrawebz like asmongold or w/e, but i"ve read the initial post and couldnt agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Raiding competitive PVE dude since 2006 here, heard same bullshit here on mmo forums almost forever,
    enjoyed cata/wod/legion despite them being mass hated in their time, but something happened in BFA
    and its not me got older or somth. That feeling when u dont know what to do ingame apart raiding once a week
    for full myth clear.
    Never happened before. And no reason to level alts too. They changed something in recipe
    of the game, i dont feel like iam working toward something when ingame. In legion it was legendaries, u had feeling
    it will drop maybe in the next elite mob and it will be ur BIS, and u will become stronger. In BFA there is nothing to persuit

and i dont watch/know teen stars on intrawebz like asmongold or w/e, but i"ve read the initial post and couldnt agree more.
    I pretty much have the same WoW history as you, and this has been the fastest I've gone from gung-ho! to barely logging on anymore. The only time I took a long break from WoW (breaks not related to work) was at the end of WoD, mostly because my mythic raiding guild retired after clearing HFC. Ironically enough, I also enjoyed Cata and WoD, however I think what makes BfA different is a slow accumulation of negatives or a slow shift in the game over time.

Maybe it's tied to the feeling that the distance between the goals of the devs and the player base keep widening over time? By now, everyone's seen the Diablo spectacle at BlizzCon surrouding D:Immortal, however I don't think that kind of disconnect is exclusive to just the Diablo franchise. Maybe being an avid tester on the beta and many glaring balancing/bug issues were never fixed until well into BfA release or still not even addressed is part of the problem. Maybe it's Blizz going back on 'lessons learned,' where they determined and vocalized systems and design decisions were a bad idea many expansions ago, yet we return to similar or even the same discarded systems and they still don't work. I could keep going for a long while with the suppositions, but the accumulation of such suppositions is likely a main driver in why I feel myself not playing WoW as much anymore.

I'll say one thing that really irks me to no end, and that's how Blizz is insanely stubborn concerning some design choices that they have never been able to achieve successfully. For example, gearing choices (kind of ties into the old reforging system and the current loot system): Blizz generally wants ilvl to be the primary deciding factor for gear to be an upgrade, and they design all other systems around this concept... except they never come close to this, and all those systems designed around that goal being met feel terrible as a result. For example, I got a 395 belt on my rogue in Uldir, yet it wasn't an upgrade over a 370 socketed belt (simmed it and even did a target dummy checks, and it certainly was a obvious DPS downgrade). That's really not enjoyable on several levels.

The obvious flaw is that the balance between primary and secondary stats is still a hot mess for many classes/specs (as well as Azerite traits), but instead of embracing the obvious that this will happen with how classes have been designed for quite a while now, they fight it tooth and nail. One system that could help alleviate such issues is bringing reforging back, however Blizz doesn't want us to have to use 3rd party websites and sims and add-ons to determine what gear is best-... wait a sec, we already do. That's like saying Blizz doesn't want us to use boss mods, but in this respect Blizz designs content with the assumption you use add-ons and boss mods... but not for gearing? So instead of having the option to reforge my 25 ilvl 'upgrade' to make it at least on par with my old piece, maybe I can just trade it to someone that it's useful for without augments. However, we have the personal loot system, where it restricts loot under the assumption that higher ilvl means it's an upgrade and you don't want to trade it! So the item is useless for me, and I can't give it to someone else who can use it, so I guess I'll keep it to inflate my ilvl on my char screen... yay... Anyways, there's more systems and aspect to this example, but I want to keep this short.

Generally, I feel like the game design has slowly shifted away from designing the content and systems around what players want and/or what players are likely to do towards a "Dev's know best" mentality. My rogue's gearing issue is such an example, but there are many more littered throughout BfA and Legion and previous expansions. However, the main difference is that such issues are increasing in volume over time, as well as the perceived distance between the devs and people who have played this game from the beginning or even just a long time. Instead of adjusting systems and content to what the players want or are likely to do, the systems/content either gets thrown out, ignored, or molded around some lofty developer ideal that will likely never or has historically never worked in WoW.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

At this point it is just nit-picking. Whatever content they might add (not talking about changing features) he will always just boil it down to: "Meh, just +1 for X feature" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I find it very interesting..you cant make ANY post with his name on blizz forums wo getting you suspended and the post deleted.
    lol .. at times I wish that was the case here

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    He lives in a bedroom on a normal floor, his computer room is the room above the garage, total opposite of the basement. Also his mother has a lot of chronic conditions and he is her caretaker. Most of his character on stream is satire and comedy... You honestly just sound jealous.
    So someone who doesn't give two shits what another random on the internet says "must be jealous"? I guess I'm jealous too cause I dont care what this guy says about wow, I will play it as long as I enjoy it, dont require some third party to tell me if I enjoy something or not. I definitely dont care enough to know his living arrangements. You sound like a stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    for full myth clear.

I think the original Vanilla recipe of server raid play was amazing and like crack. You weren't just trying to clear a raid but you were also fighting for your guild's pride and spot in the pecking order of your guild on the server you played on. It wasn't just about downing the next boss, but sitting there inbetween wipes and getting reports on guilds A B and C killing the boss and moving ahead of you on the server in progression, or scoring the kill and getting to brag to the server about it and moving ahead of a rival guild on the server in terms of progression. It was a game within a game. It motivated you to play harder and login at other times to improve your account.

All of that was lost in Wrath-Cata when server social play died. I think this was the #1 reason subs peaked in Wrath and began and endlessly decline over the expacs to follow.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Rational people don't eat toast every single day all day. They absolutely would get tired of it if they did. Not even a remotely valid analogy.
    You eat breakfast all day? way to shift the goal posts man. The analogy was an absolute disgrace to begin with, and the irony is that millions and millions of people DO eat the same thing for breakfast every day.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I always chuckle at statements like this. Different people like different things. More news at 11?

I think WoW and BFA is a hot steaming pile of shit atm, am I wrong or are you?
    Neither and both. But I take issue with those that insist that because they don't like it that those that do are wrong or idiots, or brainwashed, and the same for those that like it and insist those that don't are wrong.

If you like it, great. Play it enoy it. If you don't, great. Move on to something you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    What do u do ingame and what class/spec u play?
    I do mythic raiding as a main ta k on my prot pally. I run IEs, do BGs, and the Warfornt. I run some dungeons here and there. I am working on leveling my Allied races and unlocking heritage gear.

I don't try to max out AP or grind anything I play about 4 nights a week 2 for raiding, 2 other stuffs with the wife. I find the less serious I get about the game, the more fun I have. Found a guild in Cata that just has fun. We happen to be good at out classes we play and can clear Mythic raids, eventually. Usually outgearing it by the last few bosses. But we don't care about progression races. Just a bunch of married couples getting drunk playing WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It depends what kind of player you are. If you spend 1 hour a day playing. Just log in for some LFR and World Q than this is right game for you. if you are passionate mmorpg player than this game is big no no for you
    I disagree. I love MMORPGs, I just find most stuck in the past. That is not to say WoW is without faults, but I like very much that it respects my time. I have no desire to waste months grinding out rep, attunements, leveling and such.

Deleted
    Asmo knows whats up. He just needs to stop procrastinating so much and actually play another game.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold has to do whatever is popular atm to have viewers, and he is smart to do so. All he is now is thanks to wow, if he change game, he prob. will drop viewers, subs etc, he will never do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legiun View Post
    Asmongold has to do whatever is popular atm to have viewers, and he is smart to do so. All he is now is thanks to wow, if he change game, he prob. will drop viewers, subs etc, he will never do that.
    No he doesnt have to. Becouse he is established streamer. He can play worst game on planet and people will still watch him just like people watch soddapopin what also came from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Neither and both. But I take issue with those that insist that because they don't like it that those that do are wrong or idiots, or brainwashed, and the same for those that like it and insist those that don't are wrong.

If you like it, great. Play it enoy it. If you don't, great. Move on to something you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

I do mythic raiding as a main ta k on my prot pally. I run IEs, do BGs, and the Warfornt. I run some dungeons here and there. I am working on leveling my Allied races and unlocking heritage gear.

I don't try to max out AP or grind anything I play about 4 nights a week 2 for raiding, 2 other stuffs with the wife. I find the less serious I get about the game, the more fun I have. Found a guild in Cata that just has fun. We happen to be good at out classes we play and can clear Mythic raids, eventually. Usually outgearing it by the last few bosses. But we don't care about progression races. Just a bunch of married couples getting drunk playing WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. I love MMORPGs, I just find most stuck in the past. That is not to say WoW is without faults, but I like very much that it respects my time. I have no desire to waste months grinding out rep, attunements, leveling and such.
    If you have no desire to have core aspects of mmo game than you clearly dont like mmorpg games. If you see leveling, grind as waste of time than problem is in you no old mmo games. I would rather grind months to have earn meaningfull rewards. Than doing this log in log out to get medicore instant gratification rewards what would only make me quit game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So someone who doesn't give two shits what another random on the internet says "must be jealous"? I guess I'm jealous too cause I dont care what this guy says about wow, I will play it as long as I enjoy it, dont require some third party to tell me if I enjoy something or not. I definitely dont care enough to know his living arrangements. You sound like a stalker.
    He only express his opinion. Pls show me in where in video asmon telling you to quit game becouse game sux. Oh yeah in non. He has right to express his opinions on the game as anyone els. People what watch him do no look at him and just mindlessly take his opinion as THE truth. They just agree with him becouse his opinion is same as many others. yes you will play regardless what others says it doesnt mean game is in pure state. And if you dont care about other players leaving than you are part of problem why is wow in current state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    This made it to Reddit, a clip of Asmongold talking about the game:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousPerfectDugongBIRB

He does add additional context in a comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...thing/eaer9ws/

In before the people that go "who?" or pretend like the number one streamer for the game on Twitch, who's audience only makes up of 17% of WoW players and therefore leaves potential for playerbase growth, saying these things isn't a damning condemnation of the game.

The takeaway is that Asmongold isn't having fun. Even when he's playing the game, his audience doesn't seem interested in it, providing even less of a reason to play it. And in his comments, he spells out plainly, if broadly, his issues with the game. The man is essentially free advertising for Blizzard. I'm not saying the game should be catered towards him, but look at it from the two perspectives: he personally isn't having fun, and his audience isn't interested in the game. It's not like another streamer who hates the game, but its popular, so they slough through it.

Take it for what it's worth, but even DLC is getting in on the action: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/656
    Who's Asmongold?

1)Asmongold got 99% of all transmog available.
    2)Asmongold got almost every single achievement earned.
    3)Asmongold played at higher level mythic raiding.
    4)Asmongold plays this game for living(and done so since TBC).

All of this is proven.

Who are you?

Either:

A)You play the game casually 2 weeks after release, just to get bored(you eventually create doomsday-threads now and then).

B)You actually enjoy the game, because you are NOT Asmongold and you got plenty of stuff to do.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2018-12-02 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if only he would quit then, but that doesnt make as much money as yellin on youtube and making money with hate
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no more 'fun' ? i stopped wow but i horribly disagree
    nothing new interest me i agree, but i know i'll back to wow again, at least when they give us flying
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if only he would quit then, but that doesnt make as much money as yellin on youtube and making money with hate
    He doesnt yell on youtube and he several times said he doesnt hate game. Stop making up stuff for sake of complaining ty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still he keeps streaming nothing but it. D:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    You are wrong. He once asked in his stream what age the viewer was, the majority was in their 20s and 30s.
    yes because asking randomly in stream is the best way to know... not like people can lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content