Thread: Battlefield V

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Still not exclusively about women. Afaik the BF1 DLC that had the women death squad as snipers were well received. Stop throwing around the "it's sexist" shebang when it's not about it. How do you explain the face paint criticism? The MALE officer with a katana criticism? Kratos running around in a tank top criticism. Last time I checked, they weren't women.
    When it comes to the woman the main complaint is that she has a PROSTHETIC arm for crying out loud.

Christ, how can you delude yourself so much just to be able to say others are sexist?
    Just for the lulz, how much do you think combat knifes, bayonets or other bladed weapons were used in WW1 ?<

(Hint : despite the fact that French, or for that matter Canadian) ''training'' involved way more bayonet drills than, y'know, shooting (cheaper I guess), well below 1 %

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    How funny this game is dead on arrival

Now with a image floating around on the internet of some kind of launch party poking at the gender "controversy"

DICE is up next for EA's chopping block
    The game is far from being dead on arrival. It’s actually the most fun I’ve had in a battlefield game since bad company 2. The game is fine.

I actually enjoy the game a lot personally. I've been playing BF since 1942, and this is easily my favorite since BC2.

Would I have liked to have BR and some other features at launch? Of course. But the core gameplay is far better than BF1, and overall it's a step forward.

If you can separate the SJW/EA reponse from the actual game, you'll find an enjoyable game underneath it all.

It's a shame that's what we've become as a society though.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

While the mentioned features/content has been established as post-launch release... it doesnt excuse its current state

Its too little too late once they start dealing with 2019 release schedule

Also to mention if you even like the game currently the overall sales of it is still miserable...

In words of Patrick Soderlund "you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game." I wonder what the majority choice is on that one
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-12-03 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm really confused about everything you posted here. I never said people don't want games/movies with female leads overall because that's a nonsense notion. Not sure where you got that from.

Again, still agree with you. Just because I disagree with some of the criticism of the game doesn't mean that I'm going to blindly disagree with everything.
    Except the months of playing that card. Or are you pretending you and Bov aren't on team "Gamers just hate women", the biggest deflection this game had for criticism?

Nope. Game is trash for being on sale. That was the claim.

While the mentioned features/content has been established as post-launch release... it doesnt excuse its current state

Its too little too late once they start dealing with 2019 release schedule
    What is "it's current state" other than not having content that they clearly said it wasn't supposed to have at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Except the months of playing that card. Or are you pretending you and Bov aren't on team "Gamers just hate women", the biggest deflection this game had for criticism?
    I've never been on that train, actually. Not sure why you think I am. That doesn't mean that there isn't sexism in the gaming scene (there is). That doesn't mean that there can't be instances of sexist reactions/responses (there are). That doesn't mean that everyone is sexist (they're not). That doesn't mean they're sexist all they time (they're still not).

Shades of gray exist, the world isn't binary.

Nope. Game is trash for being on sale. That was the claim.
    I disagree with it being trash, but I agree with it being poorly received by consumers and selling poorly, necessitating the sale. Why are you seemingly trying to "disagree" with me on a topic that we've largely been in agreement on? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You've been around long enough to know that I'm the first one to call out all the "muhsoggyknee, waaa" bullshit.

Fuck, I love how I can be called a misogynist one minute and a SJW anti-gamer or whatever the next. It's almost like people are just fanatically polarized and you can't have anything but the most extreme one-dimensional opinions or you're the enemy.

Oh, wait. Yeah, that's actually exactly how it is today. ><
    You're against it, but "GaMeRs HaTe WoMeN".

What is "it's current state" other than not having content that they clearly said it wasn't supposed to have at this point?

I've never been on that train, actually. Not sure why you think I am. That doesn't mean that there isn't sexism in the gaming scene (there is). That doesn't mean that there can't be instances of sexist reactions/responses (there are). That doesn't mean that everyone is sexist (they're not). That doesn't mean they're sexist all they time (they're still not).

Shades of gray exist, the world isn't binary.

I disagree with it being trash, but I agree with it being poorly received by consumers and selling poorly, necessitating the sale. Why are you seemingly trying to "disagree" with me on a topic that we've largely been in agreement on? >.>
    Great. What does it existing at all have to do with this game being trash and criticisms all being reduced to hating women? And for you as well, shouldn't all female lead games fail miserably because misogyny is SOOOOOO rampant, right?

Alright then. It's only selling poorly because mean ol men.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Then why didn't games like Horizon fail miserably if the field of gaming is he man woman haters?
    And don't forget the many tomb raider games!
    You can have strong female leads without forcing it on anyone like we've seen companies do recently.
    I think the new rule is that if feminism is -forced- onto a game like Battlefield or Mass effect for example, it'll end up being horribly bad.

Because of:
    Yeah, that is accurate.

And yet all that paled in comparison to the bitching about a woman on the marketing material because, "DEM SJWS FORCIN WIMMENS INTO MUH HISTOREE!"

In addition of the confusing multiple release dates, delay to push out of the call of duty / red dead craze that didnt work, and the general janky bugs that Frostbite engine also brings (its like the modern day creation engine )

Everyone can revive/heal it appears which renders the medic class so stupid in its current state, current unlocks for like weapons/cosmetics are your typically in-game currency you grind in-game so that varies on your personal past experience on that (think like EA star wars battlefront 2 grind)
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-12-03 at 09:17 PM.

What does it existing at all have to do with this game being trash and criticisms all being reduced to hating women?
    Trash in your opinion, plenty of others like it just fine.

And not "all" criticism is reduced to that. We're specifically discussing that criticism in this thread right now. If you have other areas that you're critical of the game in then by all means share it. Outside of the "HISTORICALLY INACCURATE!" criticism I've seen shockingly little actual gameplay/design criticism.

The only thing I've really seen is people thinking that they die too quickly and the time to kill is too low. And EA/DICE apparently agree and are planning to slow it down - https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-wants-bat...ng-so-quickly/

And for you as well, shouldn't all female lead games fail miserably because misogyny is SOOOOOO rampant, right?
    You need to stop putting together this strawman. If you actually want to engage in discussion like a normal person I'm all for it, but you constantly making up positions for me is getting annoying.

Alright then. It's only selling poorly because mean ol men.
    Again, still literally not saying this. Stop making shit up, dude.

In addition of the confusing multiple release dates,
    Opinion. EA has been communicating clearly on what content is coming and when to expect it.

delay to push out of the call of duty / red dead craze that didnt work
    I'm...not sure what your issue is here? Yeah, it didn't work in terms of helping it sell well but I don't see the issue with them pushing it back a month so it's not overlapping with a bunch of other major AAA releases.

and the general janky bugs that Frostbite engine also brings (its like the modern day creation engine )
    Janky bugs such as? I mean it's got fun physics oddities that have been a staple of Battlefield (and now Battlefront) games for a while now, but it's generally looked upon as one of the better engines in the industry given how scalable it is and the quality of visuals it can put out without completely wrecking performance.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-12-03 at 09:16 PM.

Trash in your opinion, plenty of others like it just fine.

And not "all" criticism is reduced to that. We're specifically discussing that criticism in this thread right now. If you have other areas that you're critical of the game in then by all means share it. Outside of the "HISTORICALLY INACCURATE!" criticism I've seen shockingly little actual gameplay/design criticism.

The only thing I've really seen is people thinking that they die too quickly and the time to kill is too low. And EA/DICE apparently agree and are planning to slow it down - https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-wants-bat...ng-so-quickly/

You need to stop putting together this strawman. If you actually want to engage in discussion like a normal person I'm all for it, but you constantly making up positions for me is getting annoying.

Again, still literally not saying this. Stop making shit up, dude.
    Not making anything up. You and Bov keep going on about women hating, so that must be the only complaint.

Or it's the only one you'll address because real complaints are hard to argue against.

And yet all that paled in comparison to the bitching about a woman on the marketing material because, "DEM SJWS FORCIN WIMMENS INTO MUH HISTOREE!"

Hell, even on this very forum, if I remember right.
    Yeah, SJW's forced things that people felt didn't belong to said history. People whined. Everywhere I looked the main focus was prosthetics, non-russian woman sniper on the frontlines, blue face paint, races in odd combinations for that time and customization. Except gaming journalist that ofc jumped on the gamers are sexist bandwagon as soon someone said something negative about a girl. Women didn't belong on the frontlines during the war except in few cases LIKE THE RUSSIAN SNIPER DLC which people didn't complain about, maybe because it was accurate? hmm.... How do you explain that? Maybe the whine about a woman is because she didn't belong there. Not because "women are not allowed in games", what kind of childish thinking is that even?

Sexists do exists yes, but anyone that plays games and follow the culture knows that majority don't mind women in games. Which we can see with plenty of franchises and protagonists. If gamers were so sexist, they wouldn't become big if you honestly believe gamers think it's "mans club and womun don't belong".

Or are you just trying to make an exaggerated blanket statement to win some sjw points?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2018-12-03 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    My bet is that they go future next time was a while since BF 2142. Would like Vietnam but they done that two times already with the first then the dlc for bad company 2.
    DICE've done so much work in terms of laying out the bridge between BF4:Final Stand and lore of BF2142 that I still can't understand why they haven't gone 214x sooner... No to mention that they could have easily layout "This is distopian Future every one is on front lines" and easily include female soldiers there.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Not making anything up. You and Bov keep going on about women hating, so that must be the only complaint.

Or it's the only one you'll address because real complaints are hard to argue against.
    Again, what other issues with the game do you have? Happy to discuss those if you're tired of the topic at-hand. Otherwise you're just whining for the sake of whining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ea: dont like it dont buy it
    Gamers: ok
    Ea:

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    And don't forget the many tomb raider games!
    You can have strong female leads without forcing it on anyone like we've seen companies do recently.
    I think the new rule is that if feminism is -forced- onto a game like Battlefield or Mass effect for example, it'll end up being horribly bad.
    So genuine question how is feminism being forced into battle field other then the fact it has a women in it? I haven’t been keeping up with the game so I’m actually curious.

"Anyone who doesn't know that black female amputees were the main frontline troops of the Nazis is uneducated" - EA

Again, what other issues with the game do you have? Happy to discuss those if you're tired of the topic at-hand. Otherwise you're just whining for the sake of whining.
    A slip into being an arcade shooter rather than big team war games.
    Another WW2 game.
    It being okay to broadbrush gamers as sexist because someone on the internet was.

So, what's your excuse for being in the Fallout thread for any amount of time, Hippocrates?