Poll: Do you believe in Santa Claus is real?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't believed in him since I was really young and went up to my parents and said Santa is a myth, my Mom told me when I was much older that she was kinda sad because she wanted me to have fun believing in Santa for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    No, there is no God. It's a fictional being made up by man in order to explain things we do not understand, or cannot understand.

Only uneducated or stupid people could possibly think he exists.
    i'm not saying it is real, i'm saying it's more possible than one lone human breaking all the laws of physics.

at least a god would be outside of the laws, and therefore not be bound to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Something relevant: Substitute teacher tells first-grade class Santa isn't real, prompting principal to apologize

A substitute teacher at a New Jersey elementary school may get put on the naughty list after telling a class that Santa Claus is not real and the presents left under the Christmas tree are put there by their parents.

Michael J. Raj, the principal of Cedar Hill Elementary School in Towaco in Morris County, told parents in a letter that the incident happened Thursday, and the school had talked to the substitute "regarding her poor judgment in making this proclamation," NJ.com reported.

"As a father of four myself, I am truly aware of the sensitive nature of this announcement," he said. "On behalf of Cedar Hill School, I apologize for this incident."

Raj said he wanted to alert parents of the situation in case their children bring it up.

"If the conversation comes up at home over the next few days you can take appropriate steps to maintain the childhood innocence of the holiday season," he wrote in the letter.

How old are these kids? Over here elementary school starts with 6 and I already knew then Santa wasn't real.
    I still remeber a St. Nicholas party at my swimming club with 5 where I threatend the guy who played Knecht Ruprecht
    to kick his balls if he ever touched me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm not saying it is real, i'm saying it's more possible than one lone human breaking all the laws of physics.

at least a god would be outside of the laws, and therefore not be bound to them.
    Gods cannot exist because they are themselves less complex than the universe and needs an origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Santa is bastardized Odin.

Then again Christmas is just bastardized Yule.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-12-05 at 04:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I know that this is mega killjoy-esque but I don't believe in lying to kids about stupid shit like make-believe characters. It has a negative impact on your relationship with them, especially if you tell them multiple times that they exist and they become emotionally invested in that character being real.

if its not real then explain the presents

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    if its not real then explain the presents
    or the eaten cookies!
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    This is not that Santa, this is as he is written as a character in the modern age, with magic and magic reindeer.
    Well, then you've answered the question.

- - - Updated - - -

imo, a god is much more possible than one random magical motherfucker breaking all laws of our universe.
    God would be, as far as we are concerned, "one random magical motherfucker breaking all laws in our universe"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

Do you believe in Santa Claus is real?

As in an actual magical living person right now, who has a naughty and nice list, has children sit on his lap and delivers presents to all good little boys ad girls all over the world on Christmas Morning?
    No sane person, over the age of five, believes in Santa Claus, God (or other deities), tooth fairy or any other supernatural beings.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Me and my brother were never taught about Santa when we were kids. Until I was either 6 or 7, I had no idea who that was. It wasnt until my friend mother asked us one year what we wanted Santa to bring us for Christmas, that I first heard the name. To which I asked her who Santa was. I recall that being followed my a looked of shocked confusion of her part. She then explained who Santa was and what he does. And then i took the next several minutes (as a 6 or 7 year old, mind you) picking apart why none of it made any sense and that things like that cant exist in the real world. And every Christmas from then on out I went around telling and explaining to all my firends that Santa wasn't real. Their parents were never a big fan of that. : |
    6 or 7 year old you didn't pick apart why it didn't make sense. 6 or 7 year old you regurgitated what your nihilist idiot parents told you. You weren't a brilliant child and mmo isn't the place for your attention seeking behavior.

Santa's real. OP is blasphemous for making a debate of such a natural truth
    Last edited by predasmoke3; 2018-12-05 at 05:22 AM.

Yeah definitely! I see him in malls and stuff all the time and flying reindeer are totally a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To be fair this is how religious brainwashing happens.
    to be fair, comparing the idea of Santa to the indoctrination of religious brainwashing isn't..well..fair.

Also, gateway drug much, Denise?
    Last edited by predasmoke3; 2018-12-05 at 05:24 AM.

Santa Claus is a thing invented by the Imperialistic Americans. The only thing me and my children are celebrating is the birth of Jesus Christ!

i don't really get that.

santa is a magical dude, confined to one planet within the plane of reality.

a god is an architect being, existing outside of the planet and the space within which the planet resides.

in a sense, if this is all a computer simulation, the scientist in charge of overseeing it and tweaking things is god. he/she exists, but is outside all of our concept of reality, and it's entirely feasible that this is possible, because we can eventually do it ourselves.

imo, a god is much more possible than one random magical motherfucker breaking all laws of our universe.
    If your analogy were applicable, which I doubt myself as well, then santa would be a wonky ass script or a bot. Both concepts are equally ludicrous, if you allow someone who has admin access to your universe who is to say there isn't another dude or process that role plays it as well and calls himself santa. Both break the laws of the universe according to our understanding. The only real difference is that santa is demonstably not real, since I'm fairly certain so far everyone has realized that their parents bought their gifts and poor kids in Uglulu!lu don't get shit for christmas in the first place. I'm not aware of many cases of mystery giftings outside of chrismas movies..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I haven't believed in him since I was really young and went up to my parents and said Santa is a myth, my Mom told me when I was much older that she was kinda sad because she wanted me to have fun believing in Santa for a few more years.
    I never got that attitude to lie to your kids about reality. I mean okay, you don't need to tell them about the nightmarish dephs of the human condition, but fuck my life, what does a child gain by believing in a fictional character. If anything it is way more important to learn to differentiate between reality and fiction. And frankly for the short period where I blieved in him I didn't care about the person at all (well we don't have coca santa around here anyway, but same principle), I just cared what I would be getting for christmas. The only thing you gain here is as a parent you can hold another boogey man over your children and threaten to take away their toys.

Now I'm curious if actualy psychologists believe in any positive effects for a child's development by just bullshiting it.

i don't really get that.

santa is a magical dude, confined to one planet within the plane of reality.

a god is an architect being, existing outside of the planet and the space within which the planet resides.

in a sense, if this is all a computer simulation, the scientist in charge of overseeing it and tweaking things is god. he/she exists, but is outside all of our concept of reality, and it's entirely feasible that this is possible, because we can eventually do it ourselves.

I can fully buy into the theory that we are all living out a simulation. Looking at some renders of the universe looks scarily like neuron pathways within a brain. So yes, the existence of a 'god' is more probable than a fat old man living in the north pole delivering presents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If your analogy were applicable, which I doubt myself as well, then santa would be a wonky ass script or a bot. Both concepts are equally ludicrous, if you allow someone who has admin access to your universe who is to say there isn't another dude or process that role plays it as well and calls himself santa. Both break the laws of the universe according to our understanding. The only real difference is that santa is demonstably not real, since I'm fairly certain so far everyone has realized that their parents bought their gifts and poor kids in Uglulu!lu don't get shit for christmas in the first place. I'm not aware of many cases of mystery giftings outside of chrismas movies..

- - - Updated - - -

I never got that attitude to lie to your kids about reality. I mean okay, you don't need to tell them about the nightmarish dephs of the human condition, but fuck my life, what does a child gain by believing in a fictional character. If anything it is way more important to learn to differentiate between reality and fiction. And frankly for the short period where I blieved in him I didn't care about the person at all (well we don't have coca santa around here anyway, but same principle), I just cared what I would be getting for christmas. The only thing you gain here is as a parent you can hold another boogey man over your children and threaten to take away their toys.

Now I'm curious if actualy psychologists believe in any positive effects for a child's development by just bullshiting it.
    I think it's just something that western cultures have bought into and is now a cultural norm. Bullshitting to kids about Santa doesn't to carry any evolutionary benefit of something they might not be able to comprehend, such as avoiding behaviours out of fear of consequences, although it can't really hurt, keeps the little shits in line so they don't fuck around, otherwise no toy

...well, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I can fully buy into the theory that we are all living out a simulation. Looking at some renders of the universe looks scarily like neuron pathways within a brain. So yes, the existence of a 'god' is more probable than a fat old man living in the north pole delivering presents
    it's funny, i've seen the neuron pathways before as well, and it kinda scares the absolute shit out of me.

i don't know if you're a fan of the elder scrolls, but in it the universe is basically the dream of the godhead experiencing itself. the guy that came up with the deep metaphysics of the elder scrolls did so while under the influence of shrooms and lsd.

it's scary because a part of my mind wonders if just maybe those psychedelics exposed his consciousness to something else, and that's why the metaphysics of elder scrolls is so deep, it's based on reality.

it's funny, i've seen the neuron pathways before as well, and it kinda scares the absolute shit out of me.

i don't know if you're a fan of the elder scrolls, but in it the universe is basically the dream of the godhead experiencing itself. the guy that came up with the deep metaphysics of the elder scrolls did so while under the influence of shrooms and lsd.

it's scary because a part of my mind wonders if just maybe those psychedelics exposed his consciousness to something else, and that's why the metaphysics of elder scrolls is so deep, it's based on reality.
    Nah I haven't, I need to check it out. If it turned out to be true I'd fully be down with that

I believe Saint Nicholas was a Bishop in what is now Turkey. He lived, died and now lives forever in the Devine Presence of God. The guy in the coke adds on the other hand.........