Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    By the rate of people quitting the game, I doubt anyone cares for flying... Four months to release 8.1 in an already content light expack. Legion had the Kara revamp + Trial of Valor + lots of more class fixing after just 7 weeks compared to 4 months of fuck all in BFA.
    Numbers a little off there. It took 70 days for 7.1 to drop which had ToV and Kara. Launch was Aug 30 7.1 was Nov 8th. Still faster than 8.1 but not 7 weeks quick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The problem is that even though flying would make existing content grinds more convenient, it wouldn't really address the underlying issues with BfA. The open world would still be boring as hell. None of the content would recognize that flight is a thing. All it would really do is ensure that players consumed it faster and unsubbed more quickly.
    That's pretty much what I think too. The only think that could really benefit from flying in 8.1 could be leveling alts via invasions or whatever they're called for people who are into it, but other than that if something is boring it will still be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    By the rate of people quitting the game, I doubt anyone cares for flying... Four months to release 8.1 in an already content light expack. Legion had the Kara revamp + Trial of Valor + lots of more class fixing after just 7 weeks compared to 4 months of fuck all in BFA.
    People quit while flight isn't in game in legion bfa and wod. Game experiences significant resurgence in both WoD and Legion when it's added back but yup people don't care about flight /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    It wont affect the game at all,there is no reason to add it why would it help you at this point? Literally all you do is do m+ arena or raid, so it is just necessary for 2 of those .
    If it won't effect the game at all there is no reason not to add it and further there was no reason to remove it.

The thing is .... flying coming in wouldn't be meant to "fix" BFA. The only thing that will "fix" BFA is the next expansion coming out to end BFA. Flying coming in would simply lessen the shittiness of certain activities so that some folks might consider continuing on in BFA a bit longer.

There are people who want to level more toons, but are sick of the grind and sick of having to run everywhere and run the long way around.

There are people who wouldn't mind farming, but being stuck on the ground sucks when you just want to pick some flowers.

There are people who might grind out WQs for rep, but given that, depending on the rep (Tortollan for example), it often takes longer to fly to the damn WQ than it does it complete it.

None of these are things that, in changing anything, would "fix" BFA. But they are activities that people currently might say "meh, fuck it, I cba to do this nonsense" that might engage in them if they had flying to speed things up a bit.

Flying, at this point, would simply be a band aid on the gushing wounds of BFA. It won't heal all the problems, but it might staunch the flow of blood by a tiny amount.

And really, aside from potentially in WM which has so many other problems in terms of participation, there are really no negatives to adding flying now, rather than waiting.

You sound like my kids trying to bribe me for stuff lol
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Allowing people to do content faster that they're not doing already won't make them do it.

It would certainly get me interested in the game again. There's no actual reason to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeTA View Post
    I think unlocking flying now will help with this lack of content drought and bring people back. I hardly log in anymore. If I had flying, I would start logging in, do World Quests, grind rep, quests and level alts. I think people would start playing again. What do ya'll think?
    Wait you mean being forced to play on the ground isn't an enjoyable experience for you... shocking, who could have predicted that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Lady View Post
    Wait you mean being forced to play on the ground isn't an enjoyable experience for you... shocking, who could have predicted that?
    Literally everyone who doesn't have a hardon for everquest anymore so definitely not Ion

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    That's pretty much what I think too. The only think that could really benefit from flying in 8.1 could be leveling alts via invasions or whatever they're called for people who are into it, but other than that if something is boring it will still be boring.
    It makes me sad to see how many people(including Blizz) think the problem is with flying. When the problem with content is that the fundamental approach to its design is just weak. It's too disposable, too linear, too formulaic, too shallow. Even after a single week of WQs, you've basically already seen everything there is to offer. Flight won't change that.

But then again, Blizzard probably thinks that's a good justification for delaying flight. Instead of using it to spice up the game, all they're seeing is the "threat" it poses to how players consume their weaksauce.

I hate flying, wish it was never introduced into the game. The largest and major contributor to the death of Open World PvP.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    stop with all the final fantasy comparison ..go play that game if you love it so much !!!!

If you want Blizzard to add something to the game you have to say you don't want it or never mention it. Then it will appear.

I've been waiting to play Zandalari all this time. It may not be until Feb sometime before we can play them, and so, I have decided that I will just wait until March/April (Patch 8.2) to play again. I can play my Zanda's do the quests without the time gating and fly, too! The lesson I learned this expansion is to just play when the things are all available and take a vacation from it the rest of the time. That way I can play my way at a speed I enjoy.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

I think unlocking flying now will help with this lack of content drought and bring people back. I hardly log in anymore. If I had flying, I would start logging in, do World Quests, grind rep, quests and level alts. I think people would start playing again. What do ya'll think?
    If the thing that gets you playing the game again is flying around in the world? Then you sir have serious problems as the gameplay you find most worth your time is the most lackluster gameplay. Dungeons raids pvp? Nah you want to do worldquests and level alts while flying around. And its not even the 1-110 experience for any of that stuff because u specifically want to do it from 110-120. Keep in mind you can fly anywhere before 110. So your specific issue is BFA content.

Your a sad sad man.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you not bored with BFA? Do you just log in to do raid and mythic+ weekly chest then log right off like I do?

Are you not bored with BFA? Do you just log in to do raid and mythic+ weekly chest then log right off like I do?
    I've been doing variations of that since Burning crusade to be honest.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Flying wouldn’t really do much for me. Islands are super boring I barely want to do 5 for the weekly, mythic+ has no incentivization outside of the one 10 a week, class is really dull, etc. If flying would bring people back though then yea why not.

Yeah but think of the content drought that would come after early flying unlocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia1989 View Post
    This is a subject where Blizzard could learn a thing or two from Square Enix and how they handle flight in Final Fantasy XIV.

You have zone-based flight. With each new zone, you have to explore certain areas to obtain collectibles, and then you also have to complete 5 specific quests that are the tail end of a chain of quests. One of the quest chains always results in the quest being part of clearing a dungeon.

It takes what Blizzard devs have said about "explore our content we worked hard on it" as well as giving players what they want: flight.

The second thing they could learn from this is that there are literally inaccessible areas of zones unless players have flight unlocked. This introduces new quests in each zone, and more content to explore. It's a win-win for the devs and the players.
    That sounds like a good idea FF has.

I too miss flying only areas. We had them in BC and Wrath. Like Skettis, Ogri'la, Tempest Keep, and Netherwing Ledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It makes me sad to see how many people(including Blizz) think the problem is with flying. When the problem with content is that the fundamental approach to its design is just weak. It's too disposable, too linear, too formulaic, too shallow. Even after a single week of WQs, you've basically already seen everything there is to offer. Flight won't change that.

But then again, Blizzard probably thinks that's a good justification for delaying flight. Instead of using it to spice up the game, all they're seeing is the "threat" it poses to how players consume their weaksauce.
    Ooh, so close. You were so close to having a rational, intelligent post. And then you ruined it with a childish insult. Better luck next post.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.