Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    There is a difference in pushing away, subduing someone who is assaulting you. That is fine. But you do not strike them. I stand by this. Only scum hit women. There is not valid reason to strike a female. That doesn't mean you can't shove them away from assaulting you. You can't subdue then with holds. But you just don't hit them. It isn't about the female at all. Its about what I expect from another male.
    try changing your point of women to person or human, why are you ok with women hitting men, and men hitting men and i'd guess women hitting women, but a man hitting a woman in any context is scum?

you're just a religious brainless zealot a brick wall has more depth and points of view to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    By your criteria she violated it first.
    Mandatory watch before you post
    https://hooktube.com/watch?v=7yHy0gcZ11Y
    What he did is still the bigger crime, if not the only one depending on local laws. He's not very clever by not only hitting his pregnant wife, but also doing it whilst recording.

Doesn't matter how many times you link to that up and coming seat for extremists-website.

hes just a man that goes his own way, damn SJWs in mmo champ criticizng others

"anti-social groupings" whats that for an oxymoron. didnt you mean anti-societal?

the rise of extremism is to counter the other extremism i believe (balance and all).
    No, anti-social groupings. Their behaviour and values are asocial, which they share with others of the same views.
    And no, the "rise of extremism" is not a counter to "other extremism". That's just a favourite fallacy that the extremists burp to justify themselves. They ain't fooling anyone.

Uh oh, better watch out, that woman has some fucking cardboard!

Seriously, anyone who defends this piece of shit for hitting his PREGNANT WIFE IN FRONT OF THEIR 3 YEAR OLD CHILD for throwing CARDBOARD at him, needs to kindly go tie a rope around their neck and jump off a fucking roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It doesn't matter who "did it first".
    So theres apparently no difference between attack and self-defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Getting assaulted in a non-life threatening way does not entitle you to react with violence. Morally or legally.
    Yet the law still take the circumstances of the actors into account. (Good enough reasons for given actions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the state of their relationship prior to this incident, and the issue of domestic abuse alone, the REAL sticking point i find hilarious is that he was either 1.) at that moment, too angry.. or 2.) at that moment, too stupid .... for him to lash out in front of a live audience.

It very well could be that they abuse was mutual, but at that point in time, people witnessed HIM engage in it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Elaborate please.
    Absolutely.

We can base it on the idea that for biological reasons, men are generally stronger than women.

We can base it on the idea that culturally, the norms of western society frown on men committing violence against women.

We can, attached to those two concepts, base it on the historic / cultural idea that "men are the protector of women".

None of those are completely adequate, and frankly, sexist and pre-modern. They are all, in a sense, antecedents to the foundational idea:

You do not lay your hands on another person without their consent, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    hes just a man that goes his own way, damn SJWs in mmo champ criticizng others
    Lol!

They could fit so many additional letters into that joke of an acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    try changing your point of women to person or human, why are you ok with women hitting men, and men hitting men and i'd guess women hitting women, but a man hitting a woman in any context is scum?

you're just a religious brainless zealot a brick wall has more depth and points of view to discuss.
    First atheist. So your anti religous bullshit is idiotic. Second not a zealot of any kind. But one thing I was raised on by conservative parents which I am liberal and I agree with them about is. YOU DO NOT HIT WOMEN. I grew up in the 80's and early 90's. SJW was not much of a thing back then. Nor was it anything with my dad. Or my grandfather or great grandfather. Guess what? It was always an expectation that you treat women a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Fucking right? Like take the L dude, shes pregnant.
    At first I thought this was some dude that paid the bills streaming, but this is just a dude that was upset he was asked to stop playing a video game for 30 minutes that happened to be streaming it.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Men that hit women are scum.
    Women that hit men are scum.

Your argument doesn't make sense.

So theres apparently no difference between attack and self-defence.
    Not nearly as much as you think. Sorry. What do you think this is? The ancient world or something? Most western societies have long since worked through this problem. Self Defense must be conducted proportionally and only after the level of threat has exceeded a certain threshold.

For example, if you shoved me violently, that does not give me licence to stand up and break both you arms. Should it? No. That's barbarism. Why? Because the modern world skews conflict resolution (rightly) towards non-violent means by establishing a very high threshold for when violence is acceptable.

"Self Defense" doesn't keep people out of jail. In more violent crimes than this, it just turns murder into manslaughter.

Yet the law still take the circumstances of the actors into account. (Good enough reasons for given actions).
    Oh it does. But it's done through the specter of proportionality and cultural norms.

Want to know what one of those cultural norms is?

Violence against women is worse than violence against men.

But regardless of all this, laying a hand on anybody without their consent is wrong and also illegal in most respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    At first I thought this was some dude that paid the bills streaming, but this is just a dude that was upset he was asked to stop playing a video game for 30 minutes that happened to be streaming it.
    People just assumed that he's the bread winner because it fits better into the going narrative among certain groupings of males on the web.

I get the feeling that woman needs to play him "I Ain't yo Mama" and seek better partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    What he did is still the bigger crime, if not the only one depending on local laws. He's not very clever by not only hitting his pregnant wife, but also doing it whilst recording.
    Its called fuller picture, as I was very displeased with seeing op original link lacking the full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Doesn't matter how many times you link to that up and coming seat for extremists-website.
    You sure you aint one from of those groups?
    Labeling my link as leading to an "extremist webesite". Why am I using the link? Cuz it was for some reason taken off of youtube so heres something to make it available. This video is hardly extremist as it doesnt provide anything political not obscene. How frigid can one be.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I would like to see that research, maybe you should provide it.
    You interestingly don't ask for evidence when someone makes an opposite claim.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1854883/
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00978098
    http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._and_treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Link them.
    If women don't want to be at risk of severe damage they need to stop initiating violence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I saw that you said its a side job, so i just rolled with it. Just eat the fooooooooood

Its called fuller picture, as I was very displeased with seeing op original link lacking the full picture.

You sure you aint one from of those groups?
    Labeling my link as leading to an "extremist webesite". Why am I using the link? Cuz it was for some reason taken off of youtube so heres something to make it available. This video is hardly extremist as it doesnt provide anything political not obscene. How frigid can one be.
    Yes, I'm quite sure I ain't part of those groups. Proudly so, in fact.

And my point still stands, whilst she was in the wrong for throwing things, he's the one getting up to slap his pregnant wife around. Two wrongs don't make one right.

Deleted
    Epic gamer moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blaming domestic abuse on video game addiction or video games period is doing a massive disservice to the problem.

That's like tuna cassarole when a guy beats his wife because he wanted steak for dinner. Fucking stupid.

The problem is whatever upbringing this scumbag had that resulted in a grown man who thinks it's okay to lay hands on someone else because he's angry, and is stupid enough to do it on camera and in front of his children.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-12-11 at 12:09 AM.