Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Haha dumb Alliance kids crying over being outnumbered, right fellow Hordebros? Warmode is no place for entitled whiny Allia-

WTF WARMODE IS SO UNBALANCED NOW, GG BLIZZARD, I'M TURNING OFF WARMODE THERE'S TOO MANY ALLIANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My friend predicted this (if its true horde is turning warmode off)

He said when i told him the change (a week ago): "The Horde now should refuse to turn warmode on as a protest"

My opinion? Hummmmm....is a strange change and is not fair......but what else could be done?
    Any better ideas?
    Yes they are turning it off. /care. Getting ganked by 5+ better geared horde players ALL the time is not fun. I hope they all turn it off. More free stuff for me. And fun to pvp again in open world.

Your opinion is wrong and right. Is it unfair...yeah. But so is 1 faction have better racials and more players because of that. We did not hear people cry about having better racials.

What could have been done...blizzard could have listen to players feedback way before this. Its not new that the horde had better racials. Its freaking old news.
    You should first look at the reason to find a answer to the problem.

Why did alliance players not turn on warmode?!?! Because it was a gank fest. In the total of 2 hours i had it on. I think i got ganked sometimes 10 times or more per hour.
    Why are there more horde players: because they have had better racials for expansions now. So a lot of pve players went to the horde. ( seen whole guilds move). And they have more players now. So easier to get pvp players if the pool of people is larger.
    Why are there more horde players on alliance servers?: realm shards. so even if there are 10 times more alliance players on the server you have a big change to run into horde players.

The best fix is to late now. It was to balance the racials several expansions ago.
    Fixxes that might help:
    - Make the sharding WAY better.
    - make a level bound pvp. Most of the time its a x levels higher player that does 1 spell to kill me ( and other players).
    - make a debuff. So if there are 10 horde players and 5 alliance. make that the 5 of the alliance are ( number wise) as strong as the horde ( give a change).
    - find a way to make horde players go alliance . ( not much there for horde players right now: bad racials, bad lore, bad allied races etc etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    They were outnumbered because there were instigators telling them to turn Warmode off cause Blizzard hate the Alliance. So it was mostly asspulling and victimood complex without any real proof which said "If we are not on top Blizzard hates us", something I see people doing here to a degree when they bring up curent PVE progress and conveniently ignore the past.
    It's not current PVE, Horde has been the dominant faction for a long time. MoP was the biggest culprit with racials that straight up gave players 5% increased damage on encounters sparking the trend to move factions. Others follow as that's where the recruitment pool is.

Never once did I see any BS about "turn Warmode off cause Blizzard hate the Alliance". I am an Alliance player as I am OC (one of the only balanced player bases for some strange reason). I turned it off about 2 weeks into BFA as it was not worth the effort to get wrecked by 2+ players at every WQ.

Personally I still wont turn it on as even a +30% bonus isn't worth that for me, as I no longer need to do WQs at least until Jan 22 when Azerite scaling starts again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Haha dumb Alliance kids crying over being outnumbered, right fellow Hordebros? Warmode is no place for entitled whiny Allia-

WTF WARMODE IS SO UNBALANCED NOW, GG BLIZZARD, I'M TURNING OFF WARMODE THERE'S TOO MANY ALLIANCE.
    It's not even that. They're turning it off so we don't get the CTA buff. Alliance is still outnumbered easily. They don't like that the buff that was added to compensate for danger is higher for the faction that deals with more danger.

Does Warmode buff stack with the Monk buffs?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You cross server the realm with a server thath as 5000 horde and 2500 alliance.
    so there is 7500 horde and 7500 alliance, like they are trying to do now, but they need more people on alliance going into pvp, and this incentive does that.
    Obviously it's not working well when Horde are spreading the word to turn war mode off out of spite.

Leveling honor level to get all sorts of cool cosmetic rewards.
    The amount you get from killing is silly to begin with. You're right though. It gives something and the amount is something. I still thing Blizz should only reward based on PvP activities though!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

lmao could you imagine the autistic screeching that would come out of Alliance players if Horde is labeled as the "underrepresented faction" next week and thus get the 30% bonus and 370 loot?

FWIW this is a perfect week to dust off and level some of those alliance alts

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    The amount you get from killing is silly to begin with. You're right though. It gives something and the amount is something. I still thing Blizz should only reward based on PvP activities though!
    Yeah dont get me started on how bullshit honor levels are...
    500 levels, most levels giving literally nothing, and the time to get to 500 is fucking mental... its impossible, literally...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Obviously it's not working well when Horde are spreading the word to turn war mode off out of spite.
    that actually is good.
    because then pvp numbers will be balanced, the incentive will lower and then go away for alliance, and may even go up for horde!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That would make things even worse, as they were before, with world pvp being entirely horde focus on most servers, and servers are nothing but constant one side stomping on the other instead of balance of numbers
    Some servers held an Alliance majority. I know of several big EU ones that did.

And it’d stop Blizzard trying to shoehorn PvEr’s into fixing PvP imbalance. Let World PvP rot in its own private hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see how this is going to go.

Horde all leave until the buff switches to them. Then because things are "balanced" (in their favor again) they'll all join, thus removing the buff and sending it to alliance, restarting the cycle of Horde leaving because it's not in their favor.

Just remove the damn buff.

that actually is good.
    because then pvp numbers will be balanced, the incentive will lower and then go away for alliance, and may even go up for horde!
    We'll see, I'll be very surprised if it works. If all Horde turn off war mode then alliance will dominate pvp, and then they'll have to give the horde an incentive to turn it on, and it'll be an endless cycle of this all expansion until they realize war mode sucks and say fuck it and come up with a new system for the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I can already see how this is going to go.

Horde all leave until the buff switches to them. Then because things are "balanced" (in their favor again) they'll all join, thus removing the buff and sending it to alliance, restarting the cycle of Horde leaving because it's not in their favor.

Just remove the damn buff.
    Yeah, see? It's pretty obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Some servers held an Alliance majority. I know of several big EU ones that did.

And it’d stop Blizzard trying to shoehorn PvEr’s into fixing PvP imbalance. Let World PvP rot in its own private hell.
    Yes, some did, but a "majoirty" in world pvp is never a good thing alliance or horde.

also PVErs dont need to go into the bonus, they just can if they want, it gives them more reason to, cause again, pvers have much better ways to get gold, get azerite, and get war resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lol I find it funny. Nothing like jealous people to do something to fuck over everyone elses fun, Even though pvp isn't fun anymore. I've had warmode on my toons since the beginning and I'm alliance (I do play horde) and I can't really turn down that buff. 10-30%? I'd rather level fast anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Its not impossible if there are people already with the mount.
    Yeah but that was through exploiting first week with raids kill sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes, some did, but a "majoirty" in world pvp is never a good thing alliance or horde.

also PVErs dont need to go into the bonus, they just can if they want, it gives them more reason to, cause again, pvers have much better ways to get gold, get azerite, and get war resources.
    Any PvEr who wants to keep up with the Azerite grind will need to toggle Warmode.

A 30% bonus is ridiculous good, especially for low level gankable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    It's not current PVE, Horde has been the dominant faction for a long time. MoP was the biggest culprit with racials that straight up gave players 5% increased damage on encounters sparking the trend to move factions. Others follow as that's where the recruitment pool is.

Never once did I see any BS about "turn Warmode off cause Blizzard hate the Alliance". I am an Alliance player as I am OC (one of the only balanced player bases for some strange reason). I turned it off about 2 weeks into BFA as it was not worth the effort to get wrecked by 2+ players at every WQ.

Personally I still wont turn it on as even a +30% bonus isn't worth that for me, as I no longer need to do WQs at least until Jan 22 when Azerite scaling starts again.
    Dominant according to who? According to realmpop the Alliance is dominating right now on both EU and US realms.

PVE progress seems to have a positive impact on the Alliance if realmpop is accurate.

And at the moment the most powerful racials belong to the Alliance.

I'm taking into consideration everything I see. And what I see is a lot of people claiming the Horde got "free stuff" before this patch which is not true, there was no exclusive reward for the Horde. There is one now for the Alliance however. The incentive was identical on both sides. However, for some reason, one didn't want to play any more and it had to be bribed and the ONLY reason I'm seeing here is that the Horde has better PVE progress and nothing, absolutely nothing else.

So, for the third time, how do you argue with that?

Hell it makes more sense now since it seems that the Hordes are plotting to remove themselves from Warmode just to get the bonus next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    We'll see, I'll be very surprised if it works. If all Horde turn off war mode then alliance will dominate pvp, and then they'll have to give the horde an incentive to turn it on, and it'll be an endless cycle of this all expansion until they realize war mode sucks and say fuck it and come up with a new system for the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, see? It's pretty obvious.
    I just find it all funny to begin with. The buff was added to make up for the danger and added time spent, clearly it should be higher for the faction that's in more danger. But nah, this is all Alliance bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Isn’t that just working as intended? The more horde that turn off wm the closer to balanced it gets and the smaller the buff gets.
    This. It's a bunch of children throwing a hissy-fit because someone is getting they're not.

I'm just laughing because all of this just proves how little World PvP even mattered to people. People argue if Blizzard just supported it would be better, so Blizzard does things to try and boost it and instead of enjoying the WPvP, people just sit around arguing about who is getting what.

It's hilarious.