Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly if you are horde I'd turn Warmode off right now. Not worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    So, because of one specific situation where sharding didn't work the way you wanted it to...the whole thing is a "failed fucking concept"?

Form a group consisting of people from your own server.
    One thing that has happend to me several times with sharding is that I could be killing a rare or something and then get suddenly get into a different shard and have to do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The problem is that the OP didn't make a raid to fight back. He joined a raid that was already formed on a different shard that had already fought back and thus no alliance were there. Would you have Blizzard pull 39 players into the OPs shard instead of pulling the 1 player into the shard that already had the 39 other people? I know! When a group of 40 forms you should just mash all 40 players shards together so that there is really thousands of players there. But those other groups that got pulled would then pull even more in.... Lets just have 1 server for all of the playerbase.

I think that both raid groups should be placed in the same shard. How that happens under the hood I don't really know. But it seems counter-intuitive to join a raid in order to fight back against an enemy raid, only to have both groups never see each other.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, that's a weird one. Honestly I wonder if it's a bug at all or if the group leader dipped, which passed it to another player, which caused you to re-shard or something.

Oh, wait, I mean "dead game reeeeee."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah sharding is fucking AIDS. It has no place in an MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    >Alliance raids krazzlefang
    >I join an antigank raid
    >I zone into a different shard where they disappear
    >I leave the group thinking it's over
    >I zone back into 40 alliance killing me

10/10 quality game design. You're not allowed to actually form groups against eachother?
    Sounds like you don't understand how sharding works.

It's not the best system, but it's not broken by any means.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah sharding is fucking AIDS. It has no place in an MMO
    no, op just doesent know how sharding works.
    he joined a group of 39 people and thought it was logical that they would then all be pulled to HIS shard specificly.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    This isn't a bug. Go back to slurping Blizzard's dick or something, but they stated they shard zones so it's always a 50% between Horde and Alliance players. If your raid gets too big you just zone out to a different shard.

Oh and it's not like I can get some revenge on those motherfuckers that killed me, what are the chances I'll ever zone back into a shard with them? If they are trying to "create a community" they need to go back to servers or stop this stupid server shard bullshit.
    Who is the red card ghost that delivered its mark onto this poster but not the two troublemakers which caused such a response?

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: "I dun know how sharding works! RawrGH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Who is the red card ghost that delivered its mark onto this poster but not the two troublemakers which caused such a response?
    Whoever they are, they're doing God's work.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think that both raid groups should be placed in the same shard. How that happens under the hood I don't really know. But it seems counter-intuitive to join a raid in order to fight back against an enemy raid, only to have both groups never see each other.
    Ok so say that the group he joined was already fighting a raid? Seeing as they most likely just finished killing a group otherwise there wouldnt have been one to join. Would you have had both alliance groups pulled into the same shard as the 1 horde group?

Deleted
    So you want 39 people pulled to you rather than putting you with your new group?

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that the OP didn't make a raid to fight back. He joined a raid that was already formed on a different shard that had already fought back and thus no alliance were there. Would you have Blizzard pull 39 players into the OPs shard instead of pulling the 1 player into the shard that already had the 39 other people? I know! When a group of 40 forms you should just mash all 40 players shards together so that there is really thousands of players there. But those other groups that got pulled would then pull even more in.... Lets just have 1 server for all of the playerbase.
    In the end I just made a raid, it was a guild farming us for 30 mins.

Well it started with a massive server lagg, you couldn't cast shit. Those that were doing their warfront quests were complaining in general. We killed their pathetic guild and those that tagged along with it, now we are holding their base for almost 2 hours. I almost thought the servers were gonna crash because my abilities would cast for like 20 seconds.

I had to go so I gave lead to someone else, told him to keep on queueing his shard up.

I still think it's a stupid fucking system because now all the assholes from that guild left that shard and now the poor unfortunate Alliance players that zone in get it instead. I want to be able to hunt down that guild, we did a few times, but it still wasn't enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    knights of blizzard, we must push our advantage! we are so close to defeating the vile villain who dared criticize our lord's design choice! we must use our special weapon: tell him to unsub if he doesn't like it! this will defeat the wretch once and for all

btw i'm not being off-topic. i agree sharding is dumb. please don't ban me

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And instead of making a bug report and helping Blizzard improve the system, one designed to help and has helped with server stability, you came here to whine?
    problem its not a bug, working as intended.

Ok so say that the group he joined was already fighting a raid? Seeing as they most likely just finished killing a group otherwise there wouldnt have been one to join. Would you have had both alliance groups pulled into the same shard as the 1 horde group?
    Don't try too hard to come up with bizarre situations. The point I was making was that groups should be fighting groups in WPVP.

If the OP joins a raid that's already fighting another raid in an ongoing battle, then there's no issue.
    If the OP joins a raid that just sits around in an empty shard with no competition, then there's a problem, yes?

The point of using sharding to control population imbalanced is to facilitate WPVP battles. If it isn't doing that, then I think it's fair to say that it's something that needs to be refined.

Deleted
    I DON'T understand sharding.

How does it work? Why does it don't work? Why is Warmode shit because of it.

I got you a riddle, right. Before 8.0, I was not able to kill Pandaria World Bosses. Why? I am on a pvp server and everytime I zones into the World Boss spawn points, there was a 20-40 horde players. No Alliance, like ever.

Then, one day, I was in a premade group and I decides to kill a World Boss, since I was close by. AND THEN, THERE WAS 40 ALLIANCE PLAYERS. no horde. Explain this to me

Why is there a shard chock full of Horde and a shard chock full of aliance?
    And this is the sole reason why Warmode is a flop, shit and doesn't work.

I agree that shards are anti-fun and ant-wpvp, but you have to just learn to abuse them. If you're on a shitty shard, hop to another.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    problem its not a bug, working as intended.
    And your source of that is......

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, op just doesent know how sharding works.
    he joined a group of 39 people and thought it was logical that they would then all be pulled to HIS shard specificly.
    Yes that's true but the core issues remain. Having multiple players co-exist in different dimensions of the same zone where they cannot interact is stupid design. He might know how it works but it's still poor design philosophy. Chasing players down and having them phase out of existence as they join a different shard is jarring and dumb

because the shards are too small, the turnover in switching shards is too high, the stupid ability that you can control your sharding through gaming the system to some extent...

We should not have to experience any lag if you use shards - Every shard with a 30-40man raid killing some random world boss kills that shards performance for all others caught up in it.

We should not have to experience any "despawning of NPCs or herbs and ores while riding around in a zone if you do not also happen to join another group.
    ---> Deactivate this feature that you are constantly phasing if you are playing alone because they always use you those players to adjust shard population balance. Especially deactivate any form of population balance if WM is off. There should never be a need to experience any visible phasing if you do not switch groups and WM off.

We should get all looking for group requests on our same server/servergroup listed first.

Shards should synchronize usable items and npcs in fight with a switching player. Something like a grace period or border where there is like a mixed shard where not all content of the new shard is shown immediately near the player.
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2018-12-13 at 11:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    And your source of that is......
    because he did it wrong... he JOINED a RAID and is MAD they did not move to HIS shard
    if he wanted them to join his shard, he needed to make the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content