Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Thats the thing. Its forgeteable.

You can easy memorize video games, just by hearing their songs. For example:
    God of war, ES oblivion, Red alert 2, Contra, Katamari Dalmacy and more....
    Okay Katamari was never something that stuck in my head for a GOOD reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    A lot of DQXI tracks are directly taken from previous games in the series, so orchestral versions of the tracks exist already and they're pretty decent at that. DQVIII was the first DQ game that I played and that had orchestral music included which served to make the game much more memorable as a result.

I don't particularly care about the MIDI format - some of my favourite games OSTS are from the PS1 and PS2 era where such was common. DQXI simply suffers from disjointedness - everything but the music has been brought up to the level of a modern game, so there's a jarring disconnect.
    DQXI suffers from something alright.

A terrible OST.

It would be a masterpiece of a game if that wasn't the case, but it's bad, unimaginative bullshit that sounds like one of those shovelware indy games on steam trying to mimic "retro rpg music". It's not just because it's midi, it's because it's bad. I barely got through the game both times I played it(in both JP and English) due to the terrible OST, that's like saying something for how bad I think it is since the game is great and I almost quit it both times. When I was just grinding I would play the spofity ps4 app over the trash...

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Okay, did most of the dlc, all the shrines, 112ish seeds, all cutscenes, over 90 hours. Still not the masterpiece people say it is, but it was still pretty good. I hope for more old zelda quality in the next one.
    You mean the quality that was present in Skyward Sword?
    To date it's the only Zelda game I haven't bothered to replay. There was so much filler to the point of absurdity and the game really dragged its heels for most of it.
    And the less I say about a certain overbearing android bitch, the better.

Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2018-12-27 at 05:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post

"Master. There is a 100% chance that your opinion is incorrect. In addition, the batteries in your wiimote are nearly depleted".
    So bad, i dropped it in the 4th dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    This might come as a surprise to you but you can believe BoTW is not a masterpiece and also not like Skyward Sword.

There are 4 other 3D Zelda games and you choose the only one with forced motion controls for ultimate shock value in the ultimate strawman attempt. I laughed.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news that may or may not be related to the Switch with all the domain fuckery going on by Atlus right now there is probably a Persona 5 project being announced during the 1 hour anime special on the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    While it's rare I can definitely remember my last time...

Dragon Quest XI
    BoTW had terrible music for a zelda game. That stupid piano plinking just sounds so placeholder-ey.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    BoTW had terrible music for a zelda game. That stupid piano plinking just sounds so placeholder-ey.
    BotW soundtrack is perfect fit for the game.

It takes place in post-apocalyptic, ruined Hyrule. The low key OST is perfect fit for the mood.

Hearing the Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Direct just got removed from the Nintendo Direct site.

Typically means a Direct is incoming, but when.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Hearing the Pokemon Sun/Moon Direct just got removed from the Nintendo Direct site.

Typically means a Direct is incoming, but when.
    Probably January to announce first quarter releases before japans fiscal quarter ends.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Probably January to announce first quarter releases before japans fiscal quarter ends.
    There's going to be two Directs in the next two months, one general and one Pokemon.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en-americas-support.nintendo...id/42489/p/897

DLC Mii Fighter costumes will be seperate from the fighter's pass and will be $0.75 each.

- - - Updated - - -

Sakurai's visit to Atlus

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.gamesinsiders.com/2018/1...aystation.html

Switch sales have outsold the base PS4 in Japan. Still need about a million more sales to outsell all PS4 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    BotW soundtrack is perfect fit for the game.

It takes place in post-apocalyptic, ruined Hyrule. The low key OST is perfect fit for the mood.
    While I do miss the music of the older Zelda games I have to agree with this statement. Beside, running around the overworld is the whole point of the game - having something similar to the older Hyrule field themes running the whole time would get super tiresome.

Getting Octopath Traveler today, how long on average would you say it takes to complete the main story? Like getting all the characters for it.

Kinda torn between getting that or like two $30 games so I can get a free $30 game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Getting Octopath Traveler today, how long on average would you say it takes to complete the main story? Like getting all the characters for it.

Kinda torn between getting that or like two $30 games so I can get a free $30 game.
    Here's some data on game length: https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=53592

10+ Year Old Account

You can finish it with just 4 characters. But to realy finish it you will have to pretty much do every quest in game to unlock final boss.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You can finish it with just 4 characters. But to realy finish it you will have to pretty much do every quest in game to unlock final boss.
    No you don't. You just need to finish 2 side quest chains which is like 5 total side quests if I remember right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No you don't. You just need to finish 2 side quest chains which is like 5 total side quests if I remember right.
    Some characters are locked to those side quests tho. (npcs)
    You wont be able to see them till you finish those.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This isn't true at all though.

The only thing that locks you out of progressing those quests is the main story progress. You only need to do the Kit and Daughter of the Dark God side quest chains to get on the path to true ending.

I would say it takes about 8 hours to get all 8 characters.

Completing all 8 main stories will likely take around 40-50 hours.

I have about 85 hours at the moment, and I went out of my way to find all of the side jobs, complete most of the side quests I could do before hand, and steal from nearly everyone. I haven't gone out of my way to fight the true final boss, but based on what I've heard, likely requires a few more hours of grinding to make sure you can handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

The only characters who are locked are story important ones. They can only be talked, guided, challenge, stolen from until after you complete all stories.

- - - Updated - - -

You could finish one character's story with that character if wanted to for a challenge, but in order to get to the final boss, you must complete all 8 main stories, and those two quests Tech mentions.

I do plan to do all the characters story's and thanks for the reply's guys.

Looks like the game will eat up a lot of time and that's what I want atm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Rumor: Witcher 3 listed for Switch by a French Wholesaler.

http://www.wtt.biz/Mobile/witcher-3-switch-c2x27809537

https://twitter.com/william020192/st...929410561?s=21

The listing has been around for just over a week, but only really got traction today.