Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need to fly, there are like 7-8 flightpaths per zones xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    People on forum were discussing how to bring players back to wow. I think removing Pathfinder achievement to fly and bringing back max level buying fly model will be a good start.

I can't remember how many returning players get turned down by this absolute bullshit requirement. A returning player has to farm previous expansion rep and achievements to unlock flying in those areas. How can this encourage to bring back any players? And it certainly doesn't help material farming for professions or world quests etc.

Max level buying to fly worked fine from TBC to MOP, there is absolutely no reason to change it. And Pathfinder achievement itself has no meaning or depth behind it, it is just flying gated by reputations.
    IMO, if someone left the game because of flying, they'll find other reasons to stay away or leave again.

I can get behind the notion of nerfing pathfinder for old expansions to cater to returning players, but I seriously struggle with accepting the concept that lack of flying is such a problem that you quit the game over it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think Pathfinder is awesome. They give you goals to complete and a meaningful reward for completing them. Isn't that what this game is all about? If you just buy everything it's a lot less exciting. I like earning my rewards, not buying them.

Ok so what exactly you would use flying on?
    1. Gathering herbs/ores
    2. WQ
    3. ???

To get to dungeon, flypath is fine. Doing WQ is kinda not needed besides emissaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Ok so what exactly you would use flying on?
    For things like freedom, fun and immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    People on forum were discussing how to bring players back to wow. I think removing Pathfinder achievement to fly and bringing back max level buying fly model will be a good start.

I can't remember how many returning players get turned down by this absolute bullshit requirement. A returning player has to farm previous expansion rep and achievements to unlock flying in those areas. How can this encourage to bring back any players? And it certainly doesn't help material farming for professions or world quests etc.

Max level buying to fly worked fine from TBC to MOP, there is absolutely no reason to change it. And Pathfinder achievement itself has no meaning or depth behind it, it is just flying gated by reputations.
    the only way i would ever support that is if they also added a ton of anti air threats, be they ground shooty things or flying mobs with a +60% daze chance vs ground mobs

otherwise its just people wanting to be lazy and not have to worry about dying in a game
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so this is another interesting all-the-people-quit-because-of-my-pet-peeve topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    You say any game designer that caters to forum whiners should be fired, yet you want them to cater to your whining (or any whining if it agrees with you) for flying.
    Sigh. They put in flying on their own. According to the post I quoted, they removed it due to whining. THAT's the point. Given that I rarely play anymore I don't really care if they allow flight or not.
    And Legion had flying for 2 patches, not one as you claim. The rest of your "points" are invalid as well as you just say "no" without any evidence to back it up.
    Are you... not all there? They had flight for 7.2. Oh right, you consider 7.2.5 a different patch. It's not. It was just artificial BS to convince you it was but it was just the raid for 7.2. And yes, the others are assertions... because the point they correct was factually wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Ok so this is another interesting all-the-people-quit-because-of-my-pet-peeve topic
    Actually, I think flying and how they have dealt with it is symptomatic of an attitude that IS causing a lot of people to quit - taking away things and insisting, more and more, that people play the way they want you to play and at the pace they want you to play.

There's no good reason to withhold flight for 2 patches. But then there wasn't really a good reason to eliminate hybrid specs (if you didn't play early on, you could choose some talents from one specialization, some from another) or to delete a lot of abilities. But they do these things because it allows them to have players constrained and it's easier to model.

The point that a lot of you forget is that Ion comes from a heavy theorycrafting background (GM of Elitist Jerks). If you ever went to the EJ site you would have seen a forum with themes uptight mods in history, mods who'd infract for grammar issues or not asking a question correctly. That left-brained, analytical, highly controlled approach is what's in charge now.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-01-02 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The point that a lot of you forget is that Ion comes from a heavy theorycrafting background (GM of Elitist Jerks). If you ever went to the EJ site you would have seen a forum with themes uptight mods in history, mods who'd infract for grammar issues or not asking a question correctly. That left-brained, analytical, highly controlled approach is what's in charge now.
    oh look, another whiny brat who tries to blame everything on one person...incorrectly as ususal

if you think im wrong, please tell me what people who are clearly not ion (ej mods) have to do with what ion does now. oh right...not a damn thing. go find a new scarecrow please, the whole blame ion for every possible bad thing shtick is getting really fucking old now
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    oh look, another whiny brat who tries to blame everything on one person...incorrectly as ususal

if you think im wrong, please tell me what people who are clearly not ion (ej mods) have to do with what ion does now. oh right...not a damn thing. go find a new scarecrow please, the whole blame ion for every possible bad thing shtick is getting really fucking old now
    I'd give you a reasoned reply but you're not deserving. Welcome to Ignore.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-01-02 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Highlighted is the problem. If you go out and start trouble, you shouldn't be able to just mount up and fly off too easily. What you want to do is be able to drop in and kill someone who can't defend themselves and then fly off as soon as it starts getting difficult. That is why people say flying killed PVP, and even the developers had admitted if they could they might have never implemented it.
    I wasn't always the one starting the trouble, and what I said was it allowed me to reset the fight so I didn't get camped endlessly and it had nothing to do with avoiding the fight. You are interpreting what I said in a way that is inaccurate. What it allowed me to do was heal up so I could actually put up a fight win or lose. I didn't have any problems going up against 2 or 3 people even if I was likely to lose, but wanting to have a chance at the fight is a lot different than getting killed moments after you spawn in a weakened state again and again. Flying allowed for that, and it had nothing to do with avoiding a fight I started when it got hard. As for the developers that admitted it might have been a mistake they are the same ones that don't like and thus have a twisted opinion of it, and frankly I don't give a rats ass what they believe because hindsight is 20/20 and they did in fact implement it and left it in game for damn near a decade unmolested until they got lazy with their development and need an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it doesn't because me being able to fly outside of warmode doesn't effect you. The GCD change effects everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

So make it so absuing it isn't worth it and it's just for cool cosmetic shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually didn't look like a fool at all they recovered most of the cata after stuff became easier they didn't recover wod's losses. I should have said the first permanent sub loss. They had a chance to with legion there was a big spike right at the start but they dragged when they were giving back flight and people left again.
    So It did fall during Cats confirmed?

Happy New Years!

I'm in the camp that hates flying, and wishes there were less fp's per zone. Makes the world way more immersive and huge. To the people who keep saying "you don't like flying, don't fly", it is an mmo. If everyone is flying up in the air, you don't have a sense that there is anyone there at all. I hated the end of legion and WoD when flying was added back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    I'm in the camp that hates flying, and wishes there were less fp's per zone. Makes the world way more immersive and huge. To the people who keep saying "you don't like flying, don't fly", it is an mmo. If everyone is flying up in the air, you don't have a sense that there is anyone there at all. I hated the end of legion and WoD when flying was added back in.
    Guess you spent 2007 to 2014 in deep hate. Man, that must've sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I hope they keep pathfinder, because I don’t have issues getting around to begin with..

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Those are all hassles, they're still cumbersome and inconvenient. Flying is much more efficient. Its only of the only things that would bring back my sub currently
    Not trying to poke, honestly curious.

Why would flying be what brings you back? What is it about flying that makes the game enjoyable enough for you to sub? What does the game NOT have now that flying would correct (and don't say flying)?

Honestly curious, because from my perspective the game has many things that take precedent over flying for enjoyment. If you just don't find the game enjoyable enough to sub, I have a hard time feeling like flying would fix those issues.

I love flying as well, but I just have difficulty understanding why it's a make or break thing for some people given that perspective.

Who knows maybe activision is trying to kill this game on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    I still want them to handle flying like FFXIV does. It's the perfect balance between "explore first and just get your shit done conveniently later" imo
    Cant have that... that would mean people play less hours which means less $$$$ they couldnt care less if your miserable your just a $ sign to them

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Cant have that... that would mean people play less hours which means less $$$$ they couldnt care less if your miserable your just a $ sign to them
    Joke's on them, I play less because I can't fly. :P

I think getting all the quests done is good enough.
    I don't have time for reputations- many players really don't.

I'd happily do every quest to get pathfinder, but every Reputation to Exalted? It's really too much for me. I feel guilty playing this game as little as I already do.

Blizzard should realize that a lot of their casual players actually feel like shit when they play because they're wasting time. It's not about not wanting to try- it's that Life demands more than sitting for hours to get in cahoots with fake factions in a virtual world.

I love World of Warcraft, I'll buy every expansion- play until the bittersweet end.

I guess I don't mind not having flying, but the idea that I'm wasting even more time running around to do stuff than I would if I had it.. That's a sad thing, and it's hard to justify.

Blizzard has to make this game JUSTIFIABLE. It needs to be worth our time outside of simple enjoyment.

Edit: Heres a sick idea: Blizzard should release a "Sub for One YEAR and unlock FLYING!"

I'd probably give in, tbh.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2019-01-02 at 07:12 PM.